First time using a clone machine need help plz

What up all so i just made my first clone machine using a storage tote a pump and manifold i bought on amazon so i cut the holes ran a heater, the pump and manifold and a air stone in there used 2 gallons of distilled water, 2 bags of the clonex clone solution (1 bag makes 1 gallon) the water ph is about 6.0. I took 7 cuttings of Critical Mass Collective MONSTER MASS and 7 cuttings of Dinafem’s INDUSTRIAL PLANT, i dipped them in clonex gel, put them in the neoprene rings and put them in the holes. the temp in the rez is 77 or so and the pump is running non stop, and have the lights on a 18/6 cycle with my mothers. now i know its only been about 48 hours but im not seeing any root growth? i have never used a clone machine before so idk and need some help. i do know that the stems are all about 1 to 2 inches below the collar and have about 2 inches above the collar, i know the clone solution is hitting the cuttings, and that they are getting light. the only thing i can think is that they are getting to much water and that it might need a timer but things that i have read say continious water is reccommended but again i dont know, and the only timer i have free right now is a mechanical timer that is 30 min intervals so would 30 min on then 30 min off be to much off time? or just leave the pump on continiously need to know asap thanks all

1 Like

I have always kept my pumps running 24/7. With the clones you want to keep the stem moist. If you want to try anything a 5/5 timer would be the thing to TRY. Never done it myself. What type of nozzles are you running? A fine mist is ideal. My clones have taken up to 3 weeks before they started rooting. Sometimes just walking away and not doing anything at all is best. I have a buddy who touches stuff 50 times a day and just kills it off or does really poor. I’ve tried explaining this to him but never seems to grasp the concept lol

2 Likes

they nozzles are 360 mist nozzles i believe, i got the viagro clone pump and manifold from amazon they have the red nozzles on a 220 gph pump so it could take up to 3 weeks for clones in a machine? wow i switched from the root riot plugs to the machine in hopes of having clones quicker oh well lol have to keep trying with the machine now unless i go back to starting from seeds. i run advanced nutrients and have their VOODOO, PIRANHA, TARANTULA and i also have some Dr.Root ROOTING POWDER and Dynomyco should i use any of that in the rez? or should i just leave it alone and use the clonex clone solution?

1 Like

Keep watch, but you are gonna need a week to know anything. Unless they fall over and dye- then you will know something went wrong

3 Likes

Forget the water heater. The pump generates more than enough heat. Should see root nubs in a week. Ph at 5.4-5.6. Should have roots suitable for transplant 2 wks .

Just use the clonex clone nutes. Use at 50-75% of their rec’ dose.

6 Likes

100%
thank you for pointing out pumps product heat.
Water Temp huge!

2 Likes

At best, it’s going to take you 6-7 days before you start seeing the 1st development of roots on your stems @xgx13xgx. I’ve never oversaturated my clones before. Just give them a few more days and you’ll start seeing the magic happen. :v:

2 Likes

Cool cool thank you for the help the heater I am using is a fluval digital heater that is very advanced https://fluvalaquatics.com/us/e-series/
Once the temp is set it will alert you if temps go high or low and even if there is a low flow rate I have it set to 77 is that to hot? The reason I have the heater is just in case the pump shut off at least i would be be alerted that there is low flow and I know that pumps make heat but this pump is so small lol it’s like a fountain pump idk how much heat it makes any way though what should the water temp be?

it may take up to 2-3 weeks before any roots show. I run 24/7 on the lights on about 2-300 watts of power. Before dipping in Clonex scrape the outside stem edges near the bottom cut (45 degree) and the roots will start earlier. running the sprayer pump 24/7 also. so far have had 5x batches and no losses. Use a ph (about 5.8 to 6.2) treated solution for the water and a minimal amount of nutes (follow the manufacturer’s advice). Good luck.

2 Likes

@Packee clones with roots 18" or more when they go in to the dirt or table…

1 Like

I didnt use any nutes except for the clonex clone solution 1 pack to 1 gallon (have 2 gallons used 2 packs) and cut a 45 and dipped in clonex I did not scrape lol again first time using a clone machine

So I should wait until the roots are 18 inches or more before transplanting to the promix?

No I am just saying @packee runs aero cloners… he pulls roots that long in no time…I will text him and see if he can come in and assist… I only went by the thread title… I plant into soil with 4" roots etc…

2 Likes

Ahhhh ok cool cool I appreciate any and all help I cant take any more clones from the mothers I have so I have to ha e these clones go thru I first used root riot cubes and clonex and after a week only 4 of 36 had roots so I built the clone machine and used the rest of my mother for the machine and need them badly lol thx again and any help is greatly appreciated

Aloe in your water helps for rooting too… it is an aerocloner right…

1 Like

Idk what you mean by aero cloner. It is a 7 gallon tub with a lid, I cut holes in the top with a hole saw for the neoprene collars, I have a fountain pump with a spray manifold that has 5 360 degree spray heads, i have a aquarium heater,and a aquarium bubbler, then added 2 gallons of distilled water and 2 packets of the clonex clone solution, the phed the water to 6.2 I believe. So again idk if that’s a aero cloner

What kind of aloe? Can I buy the stuff from the store that’s in a bottle or take aloe leaves and scrape the inside into the water?

I used inner fillet aloe juice but it got expensive… now I use 200x aloe flakes from my local living soil supplier

2 Likes

yes so for the record… that is an aerocloner… same principal as an aeroponics table…

2 Likes

So here are some pics of the clone machine and the clones still no roots but it’s only day 4 what do u think

1 Like