First time using a clone machine need help plz

Great DIY setup. You have a few Cons to fix when you’re using a EZ cloner and you will not have to worry about the difference rooting system getting tangled up with the others. Keep up with your journal. It’s So Important to do.

1 Like

Wow where was I? Ohh yeah working. Since i permaclone i could help…but you got plenty of help already.

7 day clones.

Stay at 77-78 always. Always run the water. No dome makes the roots happen 2 days faster. Dome make humidity only. No humidity makes the plant/cut seek water, so therefore roots sooner. Because the cut goes into survival mode and tries to get a sustained source of water.
This is my 2nd batch this month.
Always put cuts into water the second you take them. Leave at least 3 nodes below the collar. Pull the lower nodes off downward pelling the sking with it. Then 45 right though a node or directly immediately following the node like 1/4" below. Have the cloner to same temp as the plant it came froms ambient temp. And the water you put the cut into to prevent air embolisms in the stem has to be the plants ambient temp. Dont shock the cutting…this is something i really believe in. I have a mix i use for cloning. Also when your done and the cloner is full…PRO TIP: add 1/2 teaspoon of clonex gel to the clone nutrient mixture in the cloner itself. Domes can be used for 1 week. Any more starts degradation of the cuts wounded leaves and any damage.
Example.
1 week.

1.5 weeks full dome no vents.

1.6 weeks.
Mold happens.

1.7 weeks

2 weeks major shoot death and brown leaves.
Humidity 100% i have tested a lot of stuff with a cloner

4 Likes

Dude I’ve grown the amhurst sour diesel twice before and always a dream people were requesting like crazy lol its bot much of a yeild I had 843 g from 4 plants last time I ran them in 5gal fabric pots and it is more of an indica leaning but a majority of my buds (besides the lower branches) are all golf ball sized to racket ball size
I’ll say I did 4 plants 2 monster mass and 2 industrial and turned over 1000 g and they were quality

2 Likes

Any and all help is appreciated plz enlighten me it’s a diy clone machine its day 5 or 6 now and no roots yet really wough like they are trying to shoot out stems are all stiff not slimy leaves are all dark green I added the dome and sprayed some today and lights are on 24 hours now water temp is 77 ph at 6.2 or was I have to check it again used distilled water and 2 bags clonex clone solution

1 Like

When do I need to change the water in the machine? Should I or not?

Damn i didnt know you responded already shit. I edited already.

1 Like

evey week or at least add more if your lazy but i dont recomnd it. The clonex has a way of going chunky will clog the pump and sprayers eventually.

1 Like

Lights on the clones is 24/7 for me BTW.

2 Likes

The clones with the most direct spray always have the biggest roots. Also need to gaurd the the punm intake with tiny mesh screen because the roots will suck into it and get a lovely root pruning and then shoot up to the sprayers and clog them slowing down the plants root development. And the pump does add heat. Mines at 77 because i have a fan inside cools the water via air and adds oxygen. I thinks this is often overlooked but its not necessarily needed.

1 Like

2 weeks no cloner.

1 Like

man I feel like a cave man. I just put them in dirt, add water in tray when needed and mist the cover until something goes down. Lol.

Slllllllooooooowwwwwllllllyyyyy lol

1 Like

If you want to slow the growth. Lower water temp 8 degrees adds 5 days. but increase the light. Grow faster increasetemp no more than 83. This really pushes the cuts must be aired out daily if at high temps and may have to mist dome every 8-11hrs. Lots of leaves on cuts inceases heat and humidity 25%. small cuts have to much air flow and dome will not retain any humidity inside and you must mist every 3-6 hours. Play around its really fun to see what each strain will do when you snip it up. I find it very exciting almost better than flowering them!

1 Like

I can continue this is not the end if you have questions ask me. I have it down now. 6.0 ph water. After that i do not measure ph. I do not need to because this always works for me and i have 100% clone survivability rate in the last 100 clones and 4 batches.

These are being transplanted tomorrow. Rooted at 2 weeks and at 100% nutrients in 3 days after removal from cloner.

3 Likes

Well well I check the clones today and 9 of 14 have shot out roots woop woop! Lol thx so much to everyone for their help fr

5 Likes

The 1 st time i used a cloner i planted one of those cuts like how yours look now and it died and after 25 more runs i see why. Those arent roots yet but there going to be very soon 2 days.
I absolutely love the fact that cloning shaves 45-50 day off starting from seed. And you know it’s identical to what you cut it from.

4 Likes

Mosdef it saves time I just have to keep clones cause I’m out of these strains my next run is planned for 5 amhurst sour diesel and 1 monster mass. The following run I have to start from seed and have been contracted for it and only it which is the critical mass collective purple skunk mass and alien master kush so these clones are just to keep the strains but have to have them.thx again everyone fr

3 Likes

Very nice! Before you know it @xgx13xgx you’ll have a bunch of roots dangling down into your water. Clone machines are amazing at how fast you can get massive roots! The Perma Clone collars make the process even faster in my opinion. They’re so much better than normal neoprene collars.

5 Likes

I wish I could get the permaclone collars

3 Likes

They’re a few dollars each at growershouse. I think the money was worth it cuz I’ll end up using them for years and years. Great quality product!

2 Likes

those collars are the best. I luckily got into a free testing run from GN. And they gave me 24 for free! And there is no comparison to any brand out there.

4 Likes