First Timer!

Heeeyyyooo guys! Ive been here for a couple months reading up, trying to get as much information as possible before I started. First off thank you guys at GN for making it this thread openly accessible and filling it with so much knowledge. This is my first time growing so im sure ill have a couple hiccups along the way but I feel this network and a couple youtube channels gave me the confidence to start!
So im growing in a 2x2x5 mars hydro tent (amazon kit) with a mars hydro TS600w light. For my medium i used fox farms ocean( heard mix reviews but i had already bought the bag) I didn’t amend the soil with anything before planting the seeds.(mistake?) I did however drop a little great white in the hole before dropping the seedling which had about 1 in taproots. After a day and a couple hours we are here.
Hows my seedling looking? Ive only been misting the top soil with 6.5 ph water so far, do want to start watering now? Should i still have this girly in a dome?

3 Likes

Nice, look forward to seeing how they do! I water with about 15ml of ph6.5 tap water around the base and wait until nearly dry and repeat and gradually increase ml as roots grow. Works for me and a simple method if you have a few but definitely not saying it’s the best way. Lol. :man_shrugging:t2::facepunch:t2::grin:

2 Likes

I would keep dome on and light close. Not much water just make sure soil is moist. I started a little different but basically that’s what i did and my girls are growing fine.

2 Likes

Thank you for the advice! I started it in the pot it will finish in because a lot of people said thats whats best for autos.

1 Like

Also I have the light at the suggested 22 inches above the plant. Would it hurt her if i moved it closer?

What is it your growing? :facepunch:t2::grin:

This is a Blue Dream Auto from 420 seed bank. I also have a Beast Mode auto from them as well that hasn’t sprouted yet.

2 Likes

And I would say no need to move the light closer, it doesn’t need a whole lot of light just yet. :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Thanks for the info! ill be sure to keep updating this thread as time goes on.

1 Like

When I’ve grown from seed I found it best to water only about 5cm around the sprout and as the plants gets bigger then move the watering space outward slowly. Spraying all of the topsoil can lead to fungus gnats because nothing is taking in that excess moisture and thats what they thrive in. Think about how far outward your taproot went when you planted and youll visualize how much of the water theyre actually accessing

3 Likes

Thanks for the instruction, ill definitely do this next watering!

Ok so this is the other seed that was planted. Its been growing slower than the other and today i opened my tent to this. I havent planted anything since about the 1st grade so im not sure if this is normal or if theres any coming back from this?it is a beast mode auto flower seed.
image|666x500

1 Like

Well I would ride it out a bit, give her a bit of a chance. Even if it’s not going to do well, it will teach you so much about growing and that’s worth a lot. Play around with it, try some different training, it’s all valuable experience imo. Try not to overwater and keep her warm too. :grin::ok_hand:t2: Others my beg to differ. Lol.

1 Like

is this a normal seedling its growing slower then the others and its leaves are weird

1 Like

Doesn’t look unusual to me but I’m only halfway through my first grow ever. So take my advice with a grain of salt. Looks a lot like what mine did at that stage though. :relaxed:

Is this ready to be topped

Probably not. I have heard that people usually wait till the 4th node appears before topping. If it’s an autoflower you don’t want to top it. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone will set me straight but that’s my understanding :grin: I reccommend you start a grow journal to keep track of your progress and you can ask questions there and people will answer them when they have time. Plus then we can all see your baby grow!

3 Likes

You top that now you will have nothing left lol. I’m still waiting to top my plants. I believe you have to at least get to veg state before you start cutting anything. But someone may have others ways of doing

1 Like

Ok it’s been growing for like two weeks now is it the right size

I would wait till your seedling has moved into Veg and its roots and main stem are stronger and more established. Topping can cause extreme shock to a plant that’s too young. Give it another week or 2 to grow @evan269. :v:

1 Like