For those who self sustain

Carbon Dioxide In Greenhouses.

During particular times of the year in new greenhouses, and especially in double-glazed structures that have reduced air exchange rates, the carbon dioxide levels can easily drop below 340 ppm which has a significant negative effect on the crop. Ventilation during the day can raise the CO2 levels closer to ambient but never back to ambient levels of 340 ppm. Supplementation of CO2 is seen as the only method to overcome this deficiency and increasing the level above 340 ppm is beneficial for most crops. The level to which the CO2 concentration should be raised depends on the crop, light intensity, temperature, ventilation, stage of the crop growth and the economics of the crop. For most crops the saturation point will be reached at about 1,000–1,300 ppm under ideal circumstances. A lower level (800–1,000 ppm) is recommended for raising seedlings (tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers) as well as for lettuce production. Even lower levels (500–800 ppm) are recommended for African violets and some Gerbera varieties. Increased CO2 levels will shorten the growing period (5%–10%), improve crop quality and yield, as well as, increase leaf size and leaf thickness. The increase in yield of tomato, cucumber and pepper crops is a result of increased numbers and faster flowering per plant.

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 i also use peppermint oil in my room. @bryankp is right. It keeps all kinds of bugs away and I use it everywhere you don’t want bugs or mice for that matter. They hate it as well. It really works!!:green_heart::herb:

4 Likes

Good to see a reply with a true fact check and knows the best organic way to grow. You will love this one. I have a person who is telling me that lemon juice from a lemon is not good for a replacement for PH Down. Lol . I have to keep in mind that everyone else is now studying 8 to 12 hours a day.

3 Likes

@bryankp

I love this site!!! This is where the wiser folks are. Very good knowledge based on experience. You can literally read for hours from these ladies and gentlemen about their experiences. It is just plain awesome. Hands on experience is the only way to grow. Science plays its part but life is hands on.

I know very little here so I listen to everyone and soak it in. I help out where I can on the more novice topics. Just to ease the work load here for the professionals.

I am on many other sites and the nonsense they speak and games they play have nothing to do with this industry. Super unhelpful. This has been the number 1 site all around.

@chrisj you guys rock!

6 Likes

Thank you @Slym3r. That is really a great comment to hear and thank you for sharing. Glad you found a place you can share and get good feedback.

Well its spring here, so its lots of babies time. A very special runt mix breed pig gave birth yesterday morning. She just arrived out the bush to our farm several months ago, she is half landrace and half bush pig. How bloody cute are her babies. I love them already. Oh we had a new born donkey tooooooo.

Sausage Roll

11 Likes

Oh my flipping gosh. Lol you just squished my heart!!! Awes

Sooo cute!!! @chrisj

Still working on how to navigate this forum. I like a few but I’m crazy by most . That just means that I’m ahead of them. The only advice I can give is something that you can do a fact check on. Or I don’t know what the answer is. I have no problem with saying I don’t know. Because when I do find the right person/people I will open up with what is called crazy by this forum .

2 Likes

Ah. Don’t worry about em. Crazy is always relative term.

Too adorable! sleepy piglets! Didn’t even notice there were more between legs haha

I’m not understanding your comment on this topic. But I’m going to look into the piglet facts check because I’m not sure what you mean.

Thank you.

Thi took me 7 days from clones 100% out of 20 Blueberry Dream ×Romulus Kush Berry I make myself…

2 Likes

Where are the Donkey pics???

1 Like

I will do one better and post a video of her finding her need for speed and running circles around her mom. Have a good evenin growers.

2 Likes

Ahhhh soooo cute!!!

First time in the forum. Been inhaling for about 55 years. First grow since 30 years ago. How times have changed for the better! Will be chopping dow a single Calif dream soon and have 7 gdp sprouted to go in an indoor tent. Happy to be here and hope to makes lots of new friends.

2 Likes

welcome and what made you start again?

2 Likes

@obiwancannabis was given a 2 month old plant and didn’t want it to go to waste. Used to only grow outdoors. Figured I get a cheap tent and light and be all set lol. Jokes on me as I’m still saving pocket change to updrade. Live in the cold country and need to keep it covert. Got hooked on growing! Plus I can sure use a little extra pocket change.

1 Like

Welcome @kdawg. Great group of people here. I too am living in a backwards state. Making the best of it though. Friend taught me that we are all doing time… its up to me if I wanna do hard time or easy time… i chose easy time!!! and for me its with plenty of good home raised cannabis grown with love and good intentions. Hehehe and tonight after hard days work its… Carmelo mmmmm yummy

3 Likes

Indeed happy times. Thanks for the welcome. Had a little dementia for supper now thinking about a chaser! :crazy_face::+1::v:

3 Likes