For those who self sustain

Those are r days tops of a cutting and I could of used them on day 4. I’m happy with that.

1 Like

So @Slym3r ,as promised a video of new born. She is in the back, not very active this morning and still waiting to catch her on video running circles around her mom. Cheers from SA to OK, USA.

7 Likes

Awesome :blush: keep it up. No Cellings.

I’m on the GorBucket. Good so far a few tip to upgrade.

Welcome to the Growers Network Forum
. Get your grow ONNNNNNNNNN.

1 Like

Awes. I don’t know how I missed this one. Tequila lol

1 Like

Cheers mate.

That’s a damn fine ass

1 Like

A little update. Harvested some tobacco and potatoes this morning, shared around and what is left for home.

Some baby spuds.

Hanging the tobacco leaves for smoke soon.

Just before our viking lumber jack started cutting, the pigs decided the best place to rest would be under the trunk.

The pieces that I am saving and going to have made into planks of pine. About 3 metres in length. I decided not to even attempt doing this myself and hired a mate to come help with the proper skills and chainsaw. Its been much more work than he anticipated. Wood for months to come, and loads of pine cones ( firestarters )

Got to be careful where you step cause the whole family follows.

A bottle of the finest pilsner locally made by a good man that passed recently.

6 Likes

That’s pretty cool I’ve never seen anyone grow and cure their own tobbaco

The whole fam… awes

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool I’ve never seen anyone grow and cure their own tobbaco

Very cool, I am also selling tobacco now as a base product for homemade insecticide. Have had alot on the mind the last couple months and sadly our commercial piggery is closing down, but managed to keep the foreman/manager on board and helping him to build a business from it.

Signs of the times, I have been looking at new ways we can generate revenue from our farm and add to the bigger picture. I have finally decided to fix an old unused bathroom to start growing edible mushrooms like shitake and oysters. The cool thing is I will be using the leftover medium as a mushroom compost for cannabis, and as a mulch for our vegetable gardens.

A question I have for anyone that knows is would you consider lucerne ( alphaalpha ) as a good growing medium. The reason I ask is I have been given a huge amount of lucerne as a freebie from a neigbour and would like to use it.

I will go take some pictures today and post some updates here to, of not just cannabis sustainability but also farming/life.

Went for a roadtrip last week to go look at a 5Kva lister engine and generator combo. Got me really excited as it would mean we could be 94.3% off the grid. Just need to save some money to buy it, install.

2 Likes
  1. I grow every year, atleast a couple plants. Been doing that since around 1994.
  2. I used to be good at keeping track of everything, still have excel spreadsheets of grows, seeds - but find that its better to post grow journals.
  3. Been doing it solid for just over 10 years now fulltime. Glad to say I still have excess from last year.

Some advice is to always keep statistics, and label seeds, plants, dried herb. Finally got around to labeling my moonshine the night before last. About 15 x 750mls of top homemade liquor now.

1 Like

Dude iv been literally been growing for so long I honestly don’t have a count I usually can fit 3 grows in a year doin indoor and out and it’s been 16 and a hlf years and I took a short break for a cppl years Kuz the police came up in my place with out paperwork in like 2014 so I layd low till a few years ago staring going up the mountains again , but I’d say in between 45 and 50 jus canabis , now if we’re talking veggies and herbs I couldn’t count

2 Likes

I have been on my own again for 4 years now since I bought my house but I won’t lie I made so many mistakes to get where I am but I would rather people have the opportunity to get what they want to work for not jus get used by the states and corporate industry

1 Like

Man u jus made me jelly I use to have such a good moonshine contact but that’s in the past man I wish I could get some lightning it’s been a minute

2 Likes

Good growing @shmodyshmott. Was also hammered by police for a couple years, some detectives told me they would raid me ( they never did ). It was the end of my indoor growing efforts really - but continued outdoors and gave away the rest of the plants. Even left a couple pot plants at busy intersections for some lucky person to pick up, I could not think of killing them.

We making some moonshine on the 20th. I am not making the mash, a local stiller buddy is, its going to be homegrown beetroots and she is throwing in some cinnamon sticks in to. i will be burning it in my copper pot though. Looking forward to this unusual concoction for a moonshine. Next on the menu is prickly pears, maybe January.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff man. Was running if for years before I found the miracle plant. I love crafty shit like your beet roots. I did my own honey run. I had ten hives going. Man every friend I had just beat me down for it. Ha. Do you run a thumper?

2 Likes

Mmm prickly pears man ur makn me jelly I wish I still had my connection for it use to have to go to vt to even get the real stuff and people out there get sketchy I stood on some guys property and he was jus siting out side w a gun and I asked about the sign on his property it said reshi and seng that’s all it said and I made my wife pull over she’s like what I get out with my hand up kuz he was an older guy but man the honey holes this old guy had were unfathomable so I took a few pounds of mushrooms and seng and he gave me a bottle of his hickory suryp and man I’m not kidding it taste so diff than maple

2 Likes

I found out from my partner hers from vt that the same guy I saw use to run his little store with his wife but she passed so everyone trust to help him maintain Kuz he is very nice and people were robbing his mushrooms so he had to sit out side and gaurd them

2 Likes