For those who self sustain

Love craft to, lank proud of it lately. Been eating, smoking and drinking mainly from the farm. Loving it. Thumper, not yet. but took the local electrician to have a look at the engine, its old, been sitting in a warehouse for 10 years, but damn worth it. Still need alot of funds to collect it, refurbish it, and get batteries for the beast. Keen to actually put it in my sometime soon, still to be built bar and craft area. Used to have a yamaha 550cc “Thumper”, sadly sold that bike, should have kept it.

2 Likes

Sorry man I was rambling. I meant a thumper keg in between your head and your worm? I built a temporary one with a 1 gallon ball canning jar and jammed it full of different fruits. It pulled flavour. Before I got bored guys were loving it

2 Likes

Tell me some1 is making mead I use to work for an engineering company and the guys who works in the molding shop there was this huge viking named demetrius and he made mead but I walked out of that place after being discriminated and told to lie

2 Likes

The bad part imo about making mead is that the honey taste doesn’t transfer after distillation. Especially not if your using a thumper. I used a thumper keg to double distill in one shot. Saves time and you get strong proof even from first run. And third run…I’ve gotten 188 more than once

1 Like

That, and it takes ALOT of honey

1 Like

Wow I know it doesn’t bstay with it Kuz I never taste it but I like the buz compared to rye or barely , man I would love to be shown this one day

1 Like

That’s funny you say that. I don’t drink the stuff but a close friend says he can tell the difference in the buzz. Interesting.

1 Like

Oh you can one is way more dopey than the other as weird as it sounds like with rye for me it can go from up to down quick the mead doesn’t do that u jus feel high af

2 Likes

Alfalfa is a decent growing medium. You may want to amend it for nutrients and structure though. BRF and vermiculite work well as additives.

3 Likes

hey @KevGrows. Thanks for that. Could I add perlite instead of vermiculite? I battle to source products out here.

1 Like

Certainly. I’ll just dm you.

1 Like