Gelato and Skittles in a 4x4 AC Infinity tent

If you’re not going to clone them, top them after the third node. if you want to make clones, go to the sixth or seventh node, and then top them at the third. The sooner you top them the sooner they recuperate the sooner you are in flower. :+1:t3::v:t3:

8 Likes

Might take 1 or 2 clones but nothing crazy, might try one out doors. So will go with the 3rd node advise !

6 Likes

Also as you can see I have them in small plastic containers, my plan was to transplant them to 1 gallon plastic containers and from there to 5 gallon soft pots. I obviously don’t want to transplant once in flower, but now I am not sure if there is enough time. I was thinking for around 3 weeks of veg after the 2 weeks of seedling stage… Since I will top them soon, will need to give them some time to recover before transplanting them…

Should I just go directly from these smaller pots to the 5 gallons ? or is there a benefit to have the 1 gallon pots in between…

7 Likes

Jump over to my journal and look back a month or so. I’ve been posting about once a week with Photos. You can look at the timeline and the plant growth. It’ll be a good indicator for you of what’s gonna happen when. Perfect timing on that…:+1:t3:

6 Likes

Thanks I just read through part of your journal. You moved them into 3 gallon bags it looks like ? After week 3 and you topped them right after you transplanted them ? Sorry could not figure the topping part out from your journal.

6 Likes

Those are manifolds. You can take them from there and spread them out and scrog them or just flower them out like that. I think around March 17 or a few days after that is when I did the first topping and then I topped them again after the third node again and removed the second node, leaving only the first and the third node. that gives you eight Main colas. That was shortly after the 23rd I think. and you can see what they look like after all that in the photo of the transplant on April 7. I am probably going to flip to flower in a few more days. So you can see what my plants will do and adjust your flowering time accordingly. :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

Thanks so much, think I have figured it out…
Going to transplant them tomorrow evening, I had just watered them tonight already.
Will put them in the 1 gallon pots, give them a week to get used to their new pots and then top them.

I am just barely at the 3rd note, so expect by then to be at 4 or 5 and will top from there. Then give them 2 weeks and from there move them in their final 5 gallon pots. And then at day 50 ish flip them into flower, depending if they are filling out the 4*4.

I have 2 trellis nets so will try to move them as much possible in the different quadrants, maybe even tie some of them down to get them to the outside quadrants of the trellis.

7 Likes

The ladies are in their new pots, saw this nice trick from somebody on here to fill the negative space with the old pot so they fit perfectly when transplanting. Added some microrhizae (hope you write it like that), they had rooted nicely around the bottom of the smaller pot. They probably could have stayed a bit longer, but that is water under the bridge… Hope they are not to shocked by the move, lets see.

I have one of the skittles staying a bit behind, lets hope she catches up !

9 Likes

Another update on the tent, topped the ladies 5 days ago and they have started to rebound. The lower growth has been taking off…

Only thing I noticed is that the smaller Skittles plant has been lagging behind and after topping her she now already has some of the white hairs as if she is in bloom already ? Lights are still on 18 hours, so that can’t be it. Should I be worried about the little lady or just keep her going. (see the last picture)

8 Likes

Looks like maybe an auto flower seeds snuck in there somehow . :man_shrugging::v:t3:

I’ve had Photo periods show sex at 3/4 weeks, but not often. You’ll know in another week.

6 Likes

I was thinking that last night as well, they were freebies the skittles so maybe an auto flower…

5 Likes

Thought I was a bit early with putting them in their final 5 gallon pots, but clearly that was not the case !
Got rid of the auto flower, its now living it up at the neighbors :slight_smile: Hope they will take off again, kind of explains why they were not growing as rapidly anymore.

12 Likes

Really look gorgeous homie. Thanks for allowing us to look!

Tate

7 Likes

Realized I got a new hobby, daily pushing the grow under the trellis into separate brackets. Actually ordered trellis with slightly smaller holes, as these are just a bit too wide. Thank the lord for amazon and being able to order next day shipping and paying peanuts :slight_smile:

Also noticed that one of the Gelato’s that I topped actually now has 3 top branches !! Pretty cool

The front left is the one Skittlez plant, think I like the growth of that one the most. Been cutting away some of the top big leaves as they were covering the growth. I would like to think that is what is causing the really light green tops.

I also ordered and watered them with nematodes as I thought I had Gnat Flies, turns out my tomatoe plants in the front yard were the problem causing the flies. Needless to say the tomatoes got chopped today and replaced by strawberries :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Quick update getting closer to complete filling out the tent, have been sticking them under the trellis daily. Will do a quick defoliation from the lower small stuff later today, but going pretty smooth so far.

Anybody any idea what the yellow tips mean on the one gelato ? Overfeeding ?
I have given them 2 rounds of just R/O water, with PH around 6.0/6.1.

9 Likes

Was giving them a defoliation and snipped off some stuff that I found to good to throw away. I really don’t have space for more plants, but took 6 clones as a test.

Lets see if I can keep them alive. Used clonex and some rock wool cubes, can always put them outside should they survive :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just gave the front ladies a trim, unfortunately can’t really reach the back two plants… So I will consider this an experiment :slight_smile: Probably will regret when trimming the small stuff from the back two plants.

Will need to figure out some remodeling the room to be able to acces the back plants in the future.

Clones are still alive, but. not seeing any roots yet at the bottom of the rock wool cube, hopefully soon…
Installed an second trellis, so the big flowers will have enough support (assuming those will come :0 )

9 Likes

With me the front ones always get a little more attention seems like too cause they’re easier to get to.

7 Likes

Post bloom flip stretch has definitely begun, and they are drinking quite a bit of water… How much do you give on average your plants in 5 gallon pots ? Been given them water almost every day at this point. 1 Liter each roughly, so about a Gallon in total between them 4.

6 Likes

Glorious. Absolutely glorious.

5 Likes