Gorilla Grow Grow-off “Grow Strong Cup”

Very cool indeed!

Congrats again man.

12 Likes

Thats more than cool! I love it! I want to sell this house i have now move to a more rural area so i can do my own things. Id like to semi retire! Nice job @wow_arizona

13 Likes

Hey @wow_arizona. Just a small note on when you were talking in the video about cutting the leaves of the clones and said some people do it because it supposedly "stimulates root growth”.
Well that’s not really the reason why I do it or why it should be done. No root growth stimulation, the only thing you do is reducing leaf surface. You want to reduce that because the clone evaporates water through the leaves but hasn’t developed any roots yet to uptake fresh water through. Basically changing leaf/root ratio. :v:

But good video!

11 Likes

That’s the first I’d heard that. Curious to see that research… whatever I can learn!

My clones are kept in a domed tray at high humidity, so transpiration is not an issue.

9 Likes

And I’m curious to see the research on how it stimulates root growth :grinning:
Sure, you want your clones to send their energy to root production, not photosynthesis, this comes down to what I said above. Making their solar panels smaller :wink:

9 Likes

If you’re referring to my comment in my video, the whole comment is “some people say it does that but I have never seen any difference.” I did not state that as a fact or as any reason why people should or should not cut their leaves

I wasn’t saying anything as a confrontation, I’m sorry you took it that way. I simply like to see the science behind things, no offense.

11 Likes

Admittedly, I am a leaf cutter, simply because thats how I was taught. Never gave it any consideration as roots formed regardless…when I didn’t. It does make the cloner/whatever flavor you use a bit more tidied up.

11 Likes

No, me neither, I’m just trying to help getting a misunderstanding out of the world. :wink: No offense taken either. And as an evidence based enthousiast I can only applaud asking to see the science behind stuff btw!

12 Likes

Do not buy these signs! They do not work!

On the scale of one to five, I’d give the signs a three… They’re very well-made but not that effective.

16 Likes

New Weeducation Video - Transplanting

https://youtu.be/IAkvWYinWro

9 Likes

Nothing about No Dabbing, I think you’re good!

10 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that, one of the inadequacies of text messages is all the ways they could be interpreted. I like how this forum has always been really supportive

10 Likes

Two days post transplant, looking good on the Weed Cam this morning.

16 Likes

Status Video Update - Day 21 of Veg published

12 Likes

Grow Strong Cup Day 29 Veg Update / Defoliation. & SCROG Intro

just how I do it

12 Likes

Sweet! Good to see ya man! Love the videos :+1::+1:

12 Likes

You know whats also awesome about pinching is it can stun bigger shoots vertical growth. You can just pinch the bigger flowers stems in 2 different directions so they dont lean either way but it lets the shoots below those buds catch up per se because the plant takes 2-3 days to recover from the pinch. You can do this multiple times and the stem will just knuckle over and over until you stop. I watched a grower just do a pinching session where it was just about controling height and other techniques to control vertical growth. Fascinating when you combine topping, lst, and pinching. :+1:

12 Likes

@wow_arizona hey man just clicked i watch you on YouTube awesome channel on there

11 Likes

Thanks for looking!

11 Likes

I’m envious brother. Where and when, where and when. I have some friends down there both respiratory therapists, If I ever make that way to visit you are on my stop list after Paolo Soleri (old professor- deceased) of course a bit north of you.

11 Likes