Greetings from the pacific northwest

I am fairly new to growing with about 18 months and seven grows under my belt. I grow indoors under intense LED lighting. Currently running an 8’ X 8’ X 9’ room for flowering and a half of a 4’ X 8’ tent for veg and propagation. Next month will get a second flowering area setup in an 8’ X 8’ X 8’ tent.
This photo is my main room several days ago:

Four GL clones plus Maui Wowie and Super Lemon Haze from seed.

I control all areas with this controller (PLC):

and interact with the system via touch screen:

It is great to see familiar names and avatars from ILGM.

15 Likes

Epic grows! Can’t wait to see them here too!

7 Likes

Great to see you over here @covertgrower

7 Likes

images%20(14)

You are already family but welcome to GN @merlin44 :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks @missiles, @doobienoobie invited me over. When I looked around I saw all of my old friends. WooHoo!

7 Likes

Your welcome :grin: I’m glad @doobienoobie did get a hold of you :wink: I love watching your grows!

5 Likes

@missiles @covertgrower I am thinking of studying the “University” course, do you have any experience with that?

5 Likes

No I haven’t yet! I’m interested though @macgyver_stoner spoke a little on it yesterday.

4 Likes

I will find that thread and see what he had to say. Thx!

6 Likes

He’ll be along shortly I’m sure. I haven’t messed with them yet either. Although I probably will just so I know what’s there. Glad you made it over.

4 Likes

Do it. Just do it, lol. Grab that knowledge by the short hairs!

8 Likes

The main Nike campus is only an hour or so away.

Is there a charge for any of the University courses? You are familiar with my growing background. Which courses would you suggest?

5 Likes

It is free. Start at the beginning.

8 Likes

Sounds like a perfect idea :grin:

6 Likes

So glad you hopped aboard @merlin44

5 Likes

I will take the course to say I did. Just waiting on some free time. @merlin44

5 Likes

@merlin44

Welcome ! Nice buds :wink:

5 Likes

Good to see you @merlin44! I went through them, the lessons are short and probably overview of stuff you’re familiar with. But doesn’t hurt to check them out.

8 Likes

Welcome @merlin44 Mr. electrical engineer ! I am following your journal over on the other forum haha. I am sure that your technique will inspire others to do the same or maybe similar, don’t think any one can compete with the control :grinning: wiring PLC’s and relays. Hope they aren’t made by Siemens because I read the chineese can turn take controls of them. ! Happy Growin !:smile:

5 Likes

No, not Siemens, EZAutomation hardware. The control system is on a secure sub-net so not worried about cyber intrusion.

I have been hoping to stir up enough interest in automating grow room controls so that folks might be interested in learning a bit about how to do such things. It is not too difficult to do.

I spent a number of years teaching Industrial Automation and I think that indoor cultivation is a rich area of opportunity. It would be interesting to put together a small on-line automation class.

10 Likes