Greetings from the pacific northwest

WebWares are the next generation of telecommunications between videos an group communications. A larger audience. With feed back opportunities.

7 Likes

Dido I’d love to chat about some automation for a 15000 w set up when I get closer to the full set up( that’s my flower chamber at full capacity)

5 Likes

I’m in on a class. Sounds like fun and I told y’all his skills would be helpful here. :grin:

5 Likes

Another familiar name! Welcome! You will fit right in.

Signed up for the university.

6 Likes

Yup, finished first 5 videos yesterday. Had to come to ball game today.

7 Likes

I hope that it will be fun and informational for folks. Still working on some of the materials to insure a decent flow.

4 Likes

Lots of automation possible in hydro. So it’s something I’ve thought about quite a bit. The plug and play options that are available are really impressive… but so are the price tags. Lol

6 Likes

Me too. I’ve played a little with Arduino and made my own humidity/temp sensors and some power controls. Would love to take it to a “real” level.

8 Likes

Wow, another familiar name and avatar. Thanks for dropping by.

8 Likes

OK, the group PM thing can work. I don’t have any objections specifically to doing it that way.

I am going to look more into not only helping get the word out so those that are interested will be able to “sign” up.

But also if some of the other ideas can be easily integrated in the forum for you.

~MacG

7 Likes

I am going to create a proper topic for this discussion. I have not yet explored to determine the best place for it,

One feature/function that will be important is the ability to share live computer screens so that things can be demonstrated. PM will work but I suspect does not allow for sharing dynamic/live screens.

We can proceed and be successful without the screen sharing but the process will be more time consuming and perhaps a bit less effective without it.

I sure appreciate you being willing to support this effort. I am looking into online meeting software but so far everything is paid services. I really can’t spend money on this since I am not making any money and I will be (and already am) spending a good deal of time at it.

7 Likes

Let me know what you find out.

You could start a “class” thread as well, or the PM thing might work.

Everyone I’ve spoken to about it is excited to see what you come up with and I am here to support you and try help make sure things happen.

~MacG

8 Likes

Instagram live or YouTube live could work. YouTube probably better because you can keep it private where it only plays with the link you post. And it can stay accessible for those that need to go back and review it later. Just throwing out thoughts here.

7 Likes

This might be a great call @doobienoobie, I am getting setup for live streaming (will be ready tomorrow). I will then practice to see if it will do what I need it to do (looks promising) before doing a test run with a couple of beta subjects.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone.

It is kind of funny, I have been working with computers and electronics for forty years and in all of that time I have only posted one video online. I left it up for about 15 minutes before taking it down. It was a time lapse of my plants, made me nervous LOL.

I will make a list of folks that have been showing some interest in automation and tag you folks into the topic that I will create for discussion.

7 Likes

Tks brother ( we needed a automation troop leader;)

4 Likes

At one.pount I had a great automated set.up for watering cost a tone tho lol

4 Likes

Troop? I hope that we get enough interest to form a troop. LOL

6 Likes

I think we will these boys and gals;) don’t mess around. I’ve been at this since the 90s and they sure have shown me some cool stuff already. They seem to be pretty hi tecky kinda folks.

5 Likes