GroBucket Test Group - device makes 5 gallon buckets self-watering

You must have had a 100 plant drain to waste hydro setup to go thru 2600 gallons in a month @nacho151. I go thru 30 gallons of RO a week running a perpetual dwc grow. Maybe 40 gal tops towards the end of Bloom when each plant is drinking a gallon a day.

1 Like

GSC Strain in the Grobucket’s for the first run!

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how it goes for you! Thank You.

2 Likes

Apologies for the delayed response. Thank YOU for giving it a try. We are working on an irrigation system that may be of interest to those who have multiple GroBuckets and need to ease the watering and flushing process, so I’ll keep you guys posted on that.
Looking forward to your results–Thanks again!

1 Like

Hey, there. Just wanted to give you guys a heads-up: We’re running a 10% off promo on our 10-pack GroBucket kits on Amazon through November 30th, 2020 if you’re interested. You can check it out at:

Stay Well,
Carrie

3 Likes
  • Grobuckets are working perfectly as I have only watered for the past two months,
    using a Living Soil for Sativa strains that go 14+ weeks in flower.

The green visual indicator is easy to check water level

3 Likes

Sorry guys, I’ve been busy last few weeks and finally had the chance to transplant my new OG Kush, Gelato & Blueberry Kush (all fem. seeds) Germinated them on 10/12/2020.

1 Like

Looks great. Thanks so much for sharing your photos and feedback.

Anyone here help with this question from one of our Australian growers?
I’m having troubles finding a suitable sized bucket in Australia for your GroBucket. Are you able to give me the details of a manufacturer that I can purchase from?

How do we go about trying out this system. Would love to give it a whirl. Im in Michigan. Whats the process??

Hey, Mark
Apologies for delayed response. This was a test group I set up a couple months ago to get feedback on our GroBucket gardening kits for specifically growing cannabis, since we are unable to test in our state ourselves. Can you tell me a bit about yourself and your volume–If we do it again, I’ll let you know. We’re in the midst of coming up with an irrigation system for small grows as well as larger, to make the system much easier.
Thanks for touching base,
Carrie

1 Like

Just recently started growing and fell in love with it. I have been doing soils but am kinds converting to coco to see what its like. I did do one hydro style on my first grow and loved the outcome. I would only be looking at 4 ot 6 rig setup. Leaning more toward 4 to start. I have a 4x7x8
Flat white room with intake and exhaust. I have currently 3x hlg 260xls in there am getting a couple more almost identical to hgl 320 i also have for auto a spare bath currently have a 400w wing and w bluples but about to change and have 2x 260xls in the spare bath a 260xl and 2 300w panels in my flower room.

Oh i live in michigan also.

Day 35
Pretty impressed with how long the soil stays moist just top feeding. Next time I water I’m going to use the reservoir.

1 Like

Well poo…I wasn’t here when the pot offer got put out! I went to your site and didn’t really understand the method of delivering water in any fashion that would keep the medium moist in any kind of acceptable fashion from your diagram. Is this a water from the bottom and capillary action up to the rest of the medium?

2 Likes

Im with you bud. I seen it and asked was a bit late. Would def wanna try out their next run

1 Like

You should consider doing a 6 pack, there are lots of states that are just now opening up to medical grows, and I know of two (possibly more) that have set up a 6/6/6 or very similar grow allowance. 6 in flower, 6 in vegetative state, and 6 clones. The amount of dried flower varies per state. Send me 6 I’ll do a grow for you lol.

My current grow @ 1 week flowering stage.

5 gal fabric bags.

5 Likes

It’s a wicking system with soil. I just top watered at first to make sure the roots were growing. So far I’m liking them.

3 Likes

If it works good with soil it should do awesome with coco. Or is that what you mean by “soil”?

1 Like

I think it would work great in coco. In fact if you watch YouTube videos of it being used for veggies some of the people are putting a layer of coco at the bottom of the insert to help with wicking. I’ve never tried coco so I can’t really answer that.

1 Like