"Grounding" Of Potted Plants

I recently watched a show on tv about “Grounding” for our own human health benefits.
https://www.healthline.com/health/grounding
Just a link with a better explanation then I will give.

So it got me thinking about my plants in pots, compared to my plants in Mother Earth.
A quick internet search got a lot of good info. Supporting My Suspicion.
Screenshot_20210112-210029_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210054_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210130_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210158_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210226_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210307_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210342_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210402_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210435_Drive
Screenshot_20210112-210458_Drive

I’m Definitely Down With More Fruit (Flower) Production, Increased Weight and Overall Healthier Plants :seedling::seedling::seedling:

@Arrow @kapouic @hoppiefrog @PreyBird1 @oldguy @CoyoteCody @chrisj @mothergoose
And everyone I missed or forgot to tag.
We can all benefit from this.

Happy Growing :seedling:

12 Likes

Pretty interesting stuff! I’m well grounded lol, I’m always walking around barefooted.

7 Likes

That is insane. Crazy, Mad, grounding your plants, what next, you going to start playing classical music for them is good. But seriously its worth trying if those are the benefits.

I’m always walking around barefooted

Likewise and love walking barefoot on grass.

“He exposed balsam plants to classical music and found that their growth rate increased by 20% compared to a control group, along with a 72% increase in biomass. He then exposed crops to raga music over loudspeakers and found they yielded 25% – 60% more than the national average.” Source

8 Likes

My Pots are already Wired Up for Grounding. Hoping For The Best. Will take foto’s in the morning. Got to Busy this afternoon with the wiring up. I forgot to take foto’s.
Just think of it this way:
It’s Cheap
It’s a Fast Setup
Great Benefits
And we are always looking for the Next Best Thing to make our Ladies Bigger and Better.
Why Not Try This.

8 Likes

OK, the music I will do, but anything else just won’t stick.

2 Likes

Wow interesting read!

4 Likes

Very interesting read. it makes a lot of sense. Might have to go down the rabbit hole on this one. Thanks!

4 Likes

I just used speaker wire, with a nail on each end and pushed it into the ground near the stems and then ran the wires, from pot to pot.

The other end I nailed it into Mother earth herself.

6 Likes

Music specifically for plants…

WARNING… Do not listen for too long…you may green out…:wink::sunglasses::v:

7 Likes

I just improved the Earth nail to a 3/4 of a foot long threaded rod and hammered it into the ground.

5 Likes

Here is a video I found, that shows Great results with Grounded Plants. Huntingfor more info on this Grounding method.

5 Likes

One more with Cannabis.

4 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking…I already knew about the music thing…read that at least 20 years ago. Back then the conclusion on the music was that they preferred classical music over rock, but I sure don’t remember what plant they were growing.

I knew I saved that 100 foot roll of #6 ground wire for a reason ! Also gonna wire up the next grow for sure!

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

4 Likes

Hi @sssportsmfg

I just won’t play music at my grow. It will draw attention to my grow.
But the Grounding thing looks legit.

Even High Times Magazine did a story about it.
High_Times_Article.pdf (1.0 MB)

4 Likes

It’s just like Dr Ho said, it causes the blood to flow from contractions!

3 Likes

Well it was my understanding it was the vibrations from the music…and humans sure are not the best at hearing things. Me I only have 30% of normal hearing in one ear and zero in the other. Plants on the other hand don’t have ears lol. I would imagine you could turn it down to a whisper and the plants would still react to the vibrations. And no one outside the room would every hear anything.

3 Likes

So this little black boxes on the video of The Longevitynow got me thinking.

It made me think of Ferrite Beads, that prevents Electromagnetic Interference (EMI).

So I went digging and found a Ferrite Bead in a spares container.
So I rigged up another threaded rod, just a bit thicker and longer then the first Grounding rod.
I just added the Ferrite Bead to the cable.

And then later, I realised my mistake of the location of the Ferrite Bead, so I moved it up to the spit, just before the pots.

I wired the whole Grounding system from both sides of my grow and I connected it to the first Grounding system.
So now my whole grow is wired up with to 2 Different Grounding locations in my garden and 2 Different Grounding connections.

1 is straight nail to wire and the other 1 with the Ferrite Bead added.

I don’t know how to explain it, but my ladies are looking Better after these couple of days being Grounded.
I didn’t take a foto to compare with until now. But I definitely are seeing improvements.

6 Likes

Love your work and research :ok_hand: …I’m thinking …:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Man listeni g to that makes ya feel like ur in a timelapse or something crazy. Wonder if it is the vibrations from the sounds that get the leaves moving around or something thru the vibes the music sets off. Kinda eery sounds on the one i listened to for a minute lol

4 Likes

Wonder if it makes a difference on how far the metal prong is slammed into the ground like a 4 foot rod buried and connect to that. I know in michigan all the ground rods are 4 feet or longer. Might have to try this. Anyone inside a home know u should be able to run a wire from the electrical ground should do the sane as it is buried prolly 4 to 8 feet in the ground. There has to be just a ground somewhere there where it wont backfeed and electrical to the pots

3 Likes