Grow 2-Jilly Bean and Flu Shot Cough x G13 Haze Fem Photoperiod

There looking good so far i only see one plant thats a hair droopy. Keep an eye on that one and pick it up and feel how heavy it is. that one might be water sensitive or have a tiny bit more water than the other 3 do. Feel them all and compare them. Make a note mentally about that strain/plant. and log the watering/fertigateing schedule and the amounts given. I do this for later on and if the flower is really good. Then i might keep the strain so the notes help. But i just clone to mother to flower and repeat. And test the flower after every grow. If it sucks it gone…

7 Likes

Hi @preybird thanks for taking a look. That droopy one you mention is the FSCxG13 Haze Reg seed. It’s the one in the back left. That one is in Pro Mix HP. It’s been droopy since the beginning and seems to be growing weird with strange shaped leaves.

I will keep an eye on it however. I plan to water/feed them like I saw you mention in one of your posts here, where you feed them each day and then one day a week you flush with fresh water, as long as they keep looking good.

6 Likes

The first picture is the JB Fem plant at 33 days. I ran into some problems with brown spots on some of my leaves and wound up doing a mini flush last night. They still seem to be doing good. They even grew while I was at work today. I am hoping the condition clears up.

The bottom picture is the FSCxG13 Reg plant at 29 days.

Both are in Roots Organic soil.

@sssportsmfg @automatik @TheMadFlascher @PreyBird1 @happilyretired

13 Likes

Did you change the soil on the FSC to Roots organic soil? You posted a few days ago that it was in ProMix unless my brain is mixed up, which is not uncommon lol. Anyway they both are looking good. I can see where the bottom one has had a few glitches. Nothing major.

Marty

7 Likes

Hi @sssportsmfg

I have 4 total. I JB in Pro Mix and 1 JB in Roots Organic soil.

1 FSCxG13 Haze in Pro Mix and 1 in Roots Organics soil .

The 2 pictures above are the plants in Roots Organic.

The 2 in Pro Mix are growing slower and also picked up some mute burn too but seem to be okay.

6 Likes

Looks to me like in about 2 weeks they will have all made the turn and start that ‘rapid growth’ stage!!

Thanks, dirt for the photos ! That was a faster recovery than I anticipated and that’s a good thing !!!

6 Likes

hummmm…well Pro Mix has inoculants in it, but no nutes. Did you feed the ones in Pro Mix and not the Roots Organics ones? In any event, they all look like they are doing fine, a little mishap here and there, but nothing that is going to hurt anything permanently. Still watching lol.

Marty

6 Likes

Just an update–I topped 3 of the 4 plants this past week. The top one is one of the JBs. I topped that one 6 days ago. The other 2 were topped yesterday and tonight.

This is my first attempt at topping-seems okay so far.

My other plant is still too small to top.

8 Likes

Looks good man! Boy they’ve Really grow! Man if i top a plant i want to keep it as a clone. Its a sickness i have! I hate to waste a nice top.

8 Likes

Looks good and healthy to me. I believe you said the Jilly Bean were Fem seeds? May I ask, where did you get them from? I used to get Reg. Seeds from TGA, unfortunately that won’t happen anymore. They were beautiful plants, buds were beautiful. Hope to see them here again. :money_mouth_face:

9 Likes

Hi @Dforce

I got the seeds from Chitown Seeds. Check with @automatik I think he had a few packs left last time I looked at his website.

Thanks for checking the plants out.

8 Likes

I will be watching :eyes:

8 Likes

Oh well OK, didn’t know you had two of each and in two different soil mixes. Makes sense now.

They are gonna be fine, they are looking better for sure.

Marty

7 Likes

Hi Dirt51! Looking good so far! About those brown spots… Do you mix your nutes in RO water? I recently had similar spots, feeding was normal as usual, but used dechlorinated tapwater. But the water in our town is really really hard. EC 0.7 without anything added. So I assume it was a calcium excess which troubled the nutrientuptake: a descent flush with demineralized water and starting up the feeding again, this time in RO-water topped with Calmag to an EC of 0.4 solved my problem.

6 Likes

Hi @MrMonkey420

I stocked up on 1 gallon jugs of distilled water, so that is all I am using now. The 2 plants in Pro Mix are the one’s getting the Dakine Base and Grow nutes. The other two are in Roots Organic, so I have only given them distilled water. I twice gave them all Roots Organic Surge, and they all get a spray of BBP on Tuesday nights.

7 Likes

Getting into week 6 since sprouting. I added some humic acid to the grow on Saturday past and it seemed to help with my two smaller plants in the Pro-Mix. The two bigger ones are in RO soil.

It’s Tuesday night and BBP night. @TheMadFlascher

9 Likes

These are the two smaller plants, that I have in Pro Mix. On Tuesday night, I sprayed them with BBP and bumped up the Dakine nutes to the recommended dosage and added some Cal Mag, just to see what would happen. I also treated them to some humic acid last Saturday. They both took off and now look as good or better than the two in the RO soil.

They are going good, but I know from my first grow last year that things can go wrong in a heartbeat, so not getting my hopes up too much just yet.

Question for you guys. Do you have to wait to flip to flower before you can tell if you have a male or female plant?
@TheMadFlascher @Dforce @happilyretired @PreyBird1 @sssportsmfg @MrMonkey420

This is the FSCxG13 Haze Reg plant in Pro Mix:

This is the Jilly Bean Fem plant in Pro Mix:

7 Likes

That can be tricky. You have to inspect closely or take a small lower branch put it in a cup of water and put it under 12/12 light. It will take 10 days.

5 Likes

Those are big enough in surpised there not showing yet how many weeks old are they again?

4 Likes

Come on now!!!
Your trepidations are behind you!!!
You’ve done a great job and we’re at that rapid growth stage now!
Your only challenges now will be keeping up with nutrient demand, but we’ve already discussed that…eeeezy peeeezy!
You GOT this!

5 Likes