Grow 2-Jilly Bean and Flu Shot Cough x G13 Haze Fem Photoperiod

Are you following the Dakine nutrients feeding schedule? Are you flushing once a week to runoff with straight water? You should be watering to run off at least once a week measuring the amount of liquid it takes to get that runoff. Then you back that amount back by a few ounces and that’s how much you water for the next week. Not adjusting the amount of water to the size of the plant as it grows is a huge mistake. If you don’t water until a little water comes out the bottom you’ll never know how much they are up taking. :+1:t3::v:t3:

5 Likes

Dirt, your plants do look beautiful although I wouldn’t push your nutrient feeding anymore and follow Hap’s advice on the flushing/watering/run-off. And definitely check that run-off; I find it a bit odd to be the only one mentioning this but to me they start to look like facing a nitrogen excess too.

I can see leaves starting to claw (curling downwards), the overall very deep dark green color, the burned tips (a bit is ok) … Are the stems weakening?

6 Likes

Thanks for all the replies. I just got home and took a look at that plant. This is the JB in the 5gal pot in Roots Oganics soil, that is having the issue, btw. The other JB plant is in a 3 gal pot growing in Pro Mix. That one seems fine and is right under the light by the 2 problem buds on the sister plant. The FSC is looking awesome.

Turning down the light and moving them over a few inches does not seem to have helped. I am not sure but I think some of the other buds on that plant might be starting to foxtail too.

@TheMadFlascher I have been using the HA but now I think I never used it enough. I just put a little in after feeding about 3 times since the flip. Maybe a quarter gallon per plant each of those time.

@happilyretired I am using the Dakine feed schedule from the box but I had been increasing the amounts over the recommendations. I’m going to back off on that going forward though. But you are right on, I have not adjusted the amount of water to the plant. That’s probably part of the problem.

So, my plan tonight is to water to run off using clear water with a small amount of Cal Mag like @ravenchief suggested above.

The other two plants look good so I will continue the same with them but back off the nutes some.

@MrMonkey420 The main stems seem strong. The littler larfy stems see weak but there are only a few left, that I didn’t cut when defoliating.

6 Likes

I was thinking just an overall salt build up myself but yeah. The Denki nutrients is the only one that’s ever said to flush once a week that I’ve ever read. Since I started doing it it made a huge difference in the plants. It’s kinda like they get to take a big sigh once a week. It also helps prevent those dry spots that were mentioned earlier :+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

I just ran a 1 gallon jug of distilled water, with a pinch of Cal Mag through the problem plant in the 5 gallon pot. I wound up with 1 liter of runoff in the saucer. The other two plants in the 3 gallon pots each took a half gallon and runoff amounted to about a cup. They got just straight distilled water.

I have not been flushing once a week, but I will now. That big sigh makes a lot of sense. @MrMonkey420

Here’s a few pictures from tonight pre and post flush.

In the canopy shot below, the two buds in the top right are the FSC. The two with the brown pistils, on the very bottom, are from the other JB plant. The burnt leaf and foxtailed two are part of the same healthy looking plant to the left.

Runoff from problem plant:

4 Likes

Just to throw my half a cent in. If you are not running organic I would switch to Advanced Nutrients. You pay more but I guarantee it is the easiest idiot proof nutrients you can get. 8 ml to a gal of any water and you are 6.5 and good to go. As they said in Anchorman 60% of the time it works every time. Lol.

7 Likes

Hi @automatik

I saw a post of yours a while back suggesting AN and the PH perfect brand. I bought some of that and almost went with it for this grow, but I also had the Dakine nutes. I just happened to go with the Dakine first.

So my plan is to try them next grow, after my Earth Dust experiment.

6 Likes

Just an update on the fox-tailing plant.

It looks like it is getting worse and spreading to all the buds now. I posted a few pictures below, and was hoping you guys could take a look.

From what I have been reading it seems like this plant has gone hermaphrodite? I’m just a rookie, I don’t know but it don’t look good.

Do you think it’s salvageable?

On the bright side that Flu Shot Cough, Relic Seeds plant appears to be doing awesome. There are six big equal size buds and they look healthy. The other Jilly Bean looks good too. It never looked anything like the one that foxtailed. It had brown pistils from the git go.

That is a stem that started growing wild under the canopy-I snipped it off tonight.

Close up below of same stem:

That plant’s canopy from the top and the underside.

The bright side: FSC

Thanks for looking guys.

@MrMonkey420 @nacho151 @sssportsmfg @Dforce @TheMadFlascher @happilyretired @PreyBird1

7 Likes

I’m not sure I can’t enlarge the pictures to get a good look. Do you have any bananas growing in the flowers?

4 Likes

Picture 1 -2 Yes, definitely a bud that didn’t get much light. Heck, do I see nutscack in that bud? Is that from the foxtailing bud plant?

Okay so all that fluffy, light colored candy floss that you see there is larfy bud to me and I take it out with the defoliation round end of flowering week 2 - start week 3.

Looks like you’ve got a calcium deficiency going on as well, perhaps caused by a too low PH at the rootzone.

7 Likes

That first pic is Wild, looks like monstercrop/reveg action while the topside is still in flower.

4 Likes

@MrMonkey420

That bud picture is my healthy looking plant, the Flu Shot one. They are each in the same tent. I just posted that one because it looks good.

4 Likes

Hi @nacho151

I don’t see any pollen sacs in the buds up above. They all seem to be foxtailing now. But that’s just my diagnosis and could be wrong.

4 Likes

Yep, I’m just talking about this:

5 Likes

@MrMonkey420

I see what you mean. I watered them with a 1/2 dose of Dakine Cal Mag tonight.

Normally I just use Base and Bloom and Shock and Awe.

I also just turned the light dimmer down from 80% to 70%.

I had high hopes for that plant, but I grew 3 so if I can make it to the end with 2 good ones, Ill be happy.

Thanks for checking them out.

5 Likes

Do you have any Recharge? You can try that on only that plant. It has worked miracles for me in the past. That can get you to the finish line. Peace :v:

6 Likes

@dirt51, I haven’t seen anything like that, but the leaves seem to look really dark green in pic, maybe a nutrient lock out, or as @automatik has suggested some recharge my help.

4 Likes

You’re supposed to be giving them 1 g of the Dakine Cal mag Per gallon every feeding.
That’s what it says on their feeding chart and that’s what I’ve been doing I haven’t had a problem.

5 Likes

I think that plants just genetically screwed. You might wanna think seriously about cutting your losses and letting other plants use the light that it’s taking. Continue growing like that you’re gonna wind up with nothing so you might as well just cull it. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

@dirt51,

Sorry, I agree with Hap on this one…get that ugly bitch out of there, and let your good girls finish with all the light…I know it’s a little disheartening after all your work, but sometimes some wonky genetics just sneaks through and expresses itself late in the game…

LOL, pull her out of her bag and put her in a box by the curb…guarantee you someone will carry it off!!!

6 Likes