Grow lights

Tubes only have roughly three foot effective range. I see loads of darkness in that pic. And I kinda feel like those were flowered under a different light. Sometimes growers will let them finish under tubes. Usually during flush. If you are using tubes make sure to use VHO or HO.

Check out powerveg and look at the tubes. Then think about the possibilities with the specific spectrum tubes. As it is I have $400 in power veg full spectrum +UV tubes that’s my clone/germ/early veg light.

they were start to finish under the T-5’s
bought it from electrical shop 6500k whole thing was around $180

2 Likes

To finish yes. But they didn’t grow those buds. Not possible

1 Like

Lmfao your funny bro

2 Likes

I grew those buds

1 Like

Under only those tubes?

yes, I had the 4’ tubes over a 2x4 area, and an led over another 2x4 next to that (4x4 grow i did in my crawlspace a long time ago)

1 Like

And you flowered with 6500k?

Idk man thats a lot of darkness. Find it hard to believe. But if you say you did…ok

yeah the 6500k’s, i didnt touch it start to finish the strain was bc god bud x purple trainwreck

2 Likes

Can anyone help me with what’s wrong with my plant? I’m stressing tried everything

1 Like

What’s your ph/ppm runoff numbers? What are you feeding? At what strength?

2 Likes

Was going to be my question… flower under 6500k…???.. yes it works but 3000-4000k works way better… and a clear blue sky is only 10,000k and the sun as the plants start flowering outdoors starts to have red spectrums… getting down to 3000-4000k and that’s what does it outdoors…

2 Likes

This is a 6-8 year old pic, was just testing out different lights for a small area with limited height.(this was in a crawlspace)
Got a bigger space 5 years ago and been using hps for flower since with a mix of led’s(testing different led’s all the time)

2 Likes

all good @rickles… just saying facts are facts… flowering with a 6500K is not as good as a 3000-4000K light…

2 Likes

Yeah we both do soil. I do a 1/4 canna coco and 3/4 royalgold tupur. @xgx13xgx man that looks like a badass setup! Nice and tidy and clean. I like it!

Thanks right now the wire is just run and taped to the frame when this run is done going to run the wire inside the tube and do a little modification soon I’m going to buy the foam boards and build a 6x8 room expand to 6 maybe 8 plants using this set up just making the frame large the 4 hlg boards alone are are rated for a 5x5 with the pucks added in I think a 6x8 would be no problem and probably perfect

That looks like a call mag issue bring ur ph up between 6.3 and 6.4 then see what happens if it still happen add calmag but u might not need it I had the same issue and just raised my ph and it was fine

Looks like the start of magnesium issue. Add 1Tbsp Epsom per gallon water next feed.