Grow lights

For sure I’m sure I have one somewhere just in case

1 Like

I need some new lights too, thinking of building a couple diy leds
Any good spots to order diodes and drivers in Canada?
or if you have a good pre made bang for your buck with newer diodes in it. (on somewhat of a budget here)

4 Likes

For good LEDs this is a waste. At that point your supplementing c02 and sealing your grow space. 50w of HID maybe, I’m not hip with the hood fixtures.

2 Likes

Take a look at Alibaba. You have to sift through some stuff but you can find 260 kits(quantum boards) for 120 bucks.

3 Likes

The way they can advertise these blurples is the same way cheap subwoofer companies slap a 1000watt rating on an amplifier.

So say you have X amount of diodes. And the max or peak wattage of said diodes is 10 watts. They take 10 watts, and multiply that by 100 diodes to be simple which equals…1000 watts. What they fail to mentions is that even though they have a 10 watt max wattage, they only run them at 1 watt.

And another note, even whenever you plug a blurple into a Kill-a-watt device to see the true amount of watts being used, half of the actual wattage is lost to heat and running fans. So people are starting to say now…“oh I have a 1000watt light but really it’s like 300”…and I’m like, not even 300 lol probably less then 200 watts of USEABLE photosynthetic photons.

And just to clarify, not trying to be rude towards anyone here. It’s hard to show emotion through text so just throwing it out there. I love growing and doing MY thing and appreciate all the different ways peeps are out here killin it!

5 Likes

I don’t know. I was running a 630 watt in a 8x4. Never used co2. Had great results. And it was LED. Temps were the same as ,HPS,HID,LEC. When I run the math 50w per sq ft is my perfect zone. I even exceed that. Never needing co2. But I also dont flower in 100° tents

5 Likes

Exactly. People just aren’t informed about the misinformation these companies spin. All just to make a sale

4 Likes

Wow! Thank you guys so much! I wish we all lived close so we could get coffee! Haha. I really appreciate everyone helping out. Means a lot!

4 Likes

That’s what you will find here. A great group with a huge experience base. If we can’t help then no one can

3 Likes

You’re the real deal! Thanks! Honestly, Lighting is the only thing holding me back right now and you helped me out!

2 Likes

If you have any lights to recommend let me know, im running an 8x8 too

1 Like

Not by a long shot haha I just read alot. I tend to go overboard on all my hobbies…typical man phenotype haha

2 Likes

DO A DIY BUILD BEST OF EVERYTHING LOL

This is my diy build
2 hlg-480h-c2100b
4 growmau5 red pucks
2 hlg 288 v2 Rspec
2 hlg 288 v2 3500k
Each on a 15 foot cord to drivers outside the room
2020 aluminum frame

5 Likes

Looks seriously impressive!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

I’ve been using Ho’s 600w but it was costing me a fortune in power. So I splashed out and bout 2 x ES300 V2s by the Green Sunshine company. I’ve only got one going atm but wow. Very impressed. No heat, uses little power, the plants are loving it. I’m a fan!! Love the ES300 V2s. Has anyone else used them? What’s the top of the range led atm?quantam board??

3 Likes

I gave my DIY LED to @Packee for his Mars plurble LED… I do not flower indoor as I clone and germinate and let others flower and take weight from them… I get all my flower from my outdoor and so far haven’t had to supplement with an indoor flower grow… and I will say the plants in veg and clone stages are loving that Amazon Blurple…lol… and also this is just my opinion… I still swear by 2x23w CFL’s in my stealth box cloning 6 at a time…lol…

4 Likes

Used to grow the dank with 6500k T5’s from home depot, a range of 5 4’ers over a 2x4

2 Likes

T5 is fine for veg. But they just don’t cut it for flower

2 Likes

not gonna grow giant buds like a 1000hps but you can pull some nice buds still

3 Likes

Ok wow no clue there!