Grow of ayahuaska purple

This is my new grow journal of ayahuaska purple from Barney’s seeds. I have grew a couple before. There are a few phenotypes but the 1 i had last had very bushy high yield plants with very broad fan leaves. After a little while even the fan leaves were so purple they looked black and the buds are a beautiful purple. I dont like the name lol. A pure indica with a 50 to 60 day flower and some actually can be harvested after 50 days from 12/12 flip but i also have read people going a few over 60 days. I am attempting to grow 6 plants in my 4x4 tent with hopefully a 5 week no more than 6 weeks veg whatever it takes to fill my tent around 80% percent full and i mean from the tops at the ends of the limbs not from the ends of the fan leaves and if i get too full during flip i will prune but im going to make sure im full mostly this round. Also if any of my plants die or arent strong i have 5 blueberry seeds ill replace them with.

As of right now 36 hours after putting my 6 seeds in a shot glass inside a cooler on top of a heating pad in the dark all 6 have cracked so i took the next step.

I bought a hydroponic seedling kit with enough supplies for 46 plants. It came with 46 seed pods,labels,cages and humidity domes. Also it came with a and b plant and seedling fertilizer times 4. I got it on amazon for 20 bucks and delivered for like 29 bucks. I have pictures below of how i have the cracked seeds sitting on a napkin then into the kit by steps.

10 Likes

I then put the cooler on top of a heating pad and closed the lid until they sprout. I have a temp probe up under the cooler on top of the pad. Day time is nice temps so i turn the pad off but nights are chilly so i turn it on but watch to make sure the temperature isnt above 90 fahrenheit or i turn it off a while but im thinking about hooking the heat pad to a timer since i dont have a temperature controller.

5 Likes

I took my pictures with a screen shot off the other forum im on because i forgot to take extra pictures. Ill try to remember next time.

7 Likes

Loving the care and detail you are putting into your seed sprouting, no wonder you had such good rapid results.

6 Likes

Thank you. Im really trying to do better this time. I have a couple new tools and still need a couple but im getting there.

4 Likes

Im calling this day 1 veg. I dont know how others time theirs. I know some say seedlings the first couple weeks and honestly they are seedlings but i have always called when they sprout above dirt i say first day of veg. And its been 3 and a half days since i started soaking them then put them in seed pods in my little hested cooler contraption. All 6 are sprouting but 5 are officially bustimg dirt. 2 have tap roots coming out the sides i was hoping it would wait a couple days to put them in solo cups but nope they said i want to grow now daddy! Lol! Anyway i also put a 105 watt cfl 5500 kelvin bulb on the side because 2 already stretched around an inch tall. I have 5500 to 7000 lux measured from my light meter anywhere in the cooler but they want even be in the cooler 2 more hours but im finishing cleaning my room and tent etc… Then transplanting all 6 to siolo cups taking the sponges out and putting them in soil gently. I have to mix a little soil too. And then ill set my cfl light on them inside the tent and take measurements of lux and a couple different small things lol.

4 Likes

Well i know 1 ayahuaska want make it but im thinking maybe 2 want not positive yet but im going to fill my tent. Yes i know i can with only the 4 but in a attempt to do a 5 at the most 6 week soil veg and a 3 month total harvest grow hopefully,i went ahead and started 2 blueberryseeds. I saw they immediately went to the bottom. Im hoping thats a good sign? I have 3 more if needed and if needed will buy more because hell or high water i want 6 plants this round lol. I know it can get crowded quick but thats my goal.

5 Likes

A picture of the 5 gallon cloth pot stalk and the roots filled the pot for sure but not overly root bound. On a long veg like that i would do probably 7 gallons but on this grow 5 for final home is plenty.

6 Likes

Looking good and on to a fire start. Just be careful of too much overcrowding as cannabis like airflow and if there is not enough airflow you could have problems with wpm etc.

The seeds dropping to the bottom of water is something I have always used as a gauge, but I believe it does not always seem the case, and a bit a of a myth. For instance I got a bunch of auto seeds, some greenish, some a good color, and some cracked. I am keeping all the good stock aside and just going to put them all in one pot and transplant carefully once they sprout.

Those root balls look just right. Keep it up and happy growing.

5 Likes

I hear ya friend. 1 came back up quickly and the other stayed that way but after 24 hours both had cracked and were placed into the growth sponges and both look promising(so far)lol! Im praying and hoping @chrisj and im very happy you are along for my grow and i wish you good luck my friend!

4 Likes

The 2 biggest are the only week old plants and are ayuhuaska purple and 1 beside them is also a purple 3 days old ant 2 catecorner from each other are 2 day old blueberry plants and i also have 3 more blueberry sprouting because i was afraid my seeds werent going to germ right and i wanted 6 of the purple. 2 oldest purple stretched a little even though i gave the reccommended 7 to 8 thousand lux so i started giving around 16 thousand lux and it seemed to help. I have also been giving a very weak solution of the a and b fertilizer that came with the germ kit. Besides that they are in ffhf soil mixed with perlite. They are on a 18/6 light schedule and temps range from 71 to 78 with a couple times hit 67 for a couple hours and humidity has mostly been around high 60’s low 70’s.

5 Likes

Coming along nicely. The seedlings look like they are stretching a little, maybe drop the light a little

5 Likes

Exatly what i thought and did @chrisj . But what really surprised me is this is the first time i used a meter or went by whats recommended though im faithful i will get it down pat and it will make me a better grower.

Thanks for your opinion especially your experience @chrisj . im definately becoming a humble farmer and loving it!

5 Likes

Yeah if that lights not hot lower the heck out of it. But You dont want to burn the seedlings. And when you plant them bury them all the way up to the leaves bottoms. It will make stronger stems and better roots.

5 Likes

Thats what i usually do when i have a little stretch but they are finally catching the right something lol. Thanks though.

5 Likes

These 2 are 14 days or 2 weeks and roots are strong out the bottom already at 26,000 lux.

7 Likes

Those 2 are ayahuaska purple and here is the 3rd ayahuaska purple only 10 days old at around 17,000 lux roots growing strong out the bottom as well.

5 Likes

Heres 2 blueberry plants 8 days old since sprout at 16,000 lux. Roots are starting to reach bottom.

6 Likes

And heres a 1 day old sprout of blueberry i hope i can nurse and make strong at 6000 lux. Going to put in a solocup today.

6 Likes

Total i have 3 ayahuaska purple and 3 blueberry if all live. Now im going to calibrate my ph pen and mix up some food. Though i dont see a need ill give a light dose no calmag yet.

5 Likes