Grow of ayahuaska purple

Ok i have been working lol. I up potted all 6 of my plants. And i only ph’d the water tonight. I also turned my metal halide on 600 watts. I have it around 15 inches above canopy. Yhe inside is getting 55 thousand lux but the 2 back and 2 front are only getting around 30 thousand. When i have it set on 1000 watts different story.

Problem with hps you can very easily have the light you want in a certain footprint but the outside suffers so ill be going led asap. Its either that or co2 i rather do led but don’t have the funds quite yet. Maybe by the time i flower i don’t know because that want be but hopefully 3 weeks we’ll see.

8 Likes

Thats interesting, I would think HPS has a much bigger footprint and also has a better canopy light penetration. I know the top of the range LED’s are brilliant. Your grow is looking great man.

6 Likes

I have 2 15 day old blueberry in back, 2 3 week old ayahuasca purple in the middle a 17 day old ayahuasca front left and 7 day or 1 week old blueberry front right. I don’t know since i have a meter ill either be moving plants around or the light around or train a certain way not certain yet.

The training i thought about would be really hard as i thought maybe crank that light up and lower it with plants in corners training them to grow inward but down at the same time idk i might could with another trellis i think ill get another 1 just in case im going to do my best of course.

5 Likes

According to my meter it has a large footprint but penetration drops off dramatically.

I can touch the meter to the glass and get over 200 thousand lux but can’t do anything with that strong of light power. Going by lux it doesn’t have the large footprint.

6 Likes

Thanks very much though @chrisj

6 Likes

Within the first hour after the light came on this morning the plants were already standing up looking better which was only 9 hours after transplant. I would like another node first but im planning to top soon.

5 Likes

They finally took off with new room to grow and the feed kicked in

6 Likes

The weakling looks healthy but grew stretchy and weak but I believe it will catch up

5 Likes

Im planning on topping tonight.

5 Likes

I decided to top all of them

5 Likes

Im thinking about adding a net and do a scrog

5 Likes

Right from sprout you get purple from the ayahuasca unless you get a different pheno but that’s highly unlikely in my experience but i have saw it.

5 Likes

Daily update got 2 Oldest purples are 30 days then 1 purple is 26 days then blueberry is 24 days and 1 blueberry is 16 days i believe. I have topped all of them. Thinking about adding the net in the next couple days. They are very happy.

6 Likes

Update with a picture 2 days from last. I only did 1 thing differently. I turned my mh to 750. Outside getting around 35 thousand with inside around 50 thousand lux. I was going to feed but no need until hopefully Sunday.

7 Likes

@flannigan next time when you put them in the big pots bury the stem deeper so just the top is sticking out of the dirt. It will be stronger and make roots on the sides of the stems that are under the dirt it helps a lot with that stem issue you had going on.

8 Likes

I second this recommendation it absolutely helps giving you more roots an a thicker base to hold more weight

7 Likes

That’s interesting, so I wonder if that would work for hydro in hydroton? Maybe put the grow block further down in the net pot ?

6 Likes

I always have to thread roots through the baskets slits it annoys me. Since i have an entire case of net pots im considering cutting parts out of one net pot basket. To see if i can still support the plant but i gan get more roots into the slits initially because wet roots stick to the pots the second they touch the netpot its tricky holding a plant with 12" long roots trying to jiggle and wiggle to tender roots into those slits. I need to make a better designed one. I also have some square net bags that roots get contained in but i never used them. Because i used 3" pvc in the system so roots wont clog the flow and it worked amazingly well.

6 Likes

Im just really noticing what you guy’s are saying about more soil and posted that on my other forum. About the net pots i ended up not using them but the rapid rooters being at the top uncovered a little on my feeding just now and i half to say im happy with how strong and healthy they look but not happy with the roots so close to the top so…

I actually was planning to add more soil on top real good and put something on top of the soil to keep it from drying out also.

Ill be adding a net. Im waiting for 1 with 4 inch holes that seems like it will be easier to keep my branches separated cause the 1 i have has 6 inch holes. Im going to start weaving right now in a couple days once i get the net while still vegging. Im hoping to flip between new years day and the 15th of January.

4 Likes

5 Likes