Grow Tent Bucket size

Hello grow family,
wanted to say thanks for giving us a platform to learn and grow . well i have a 8x8 gorilla grow tent with 4 1000W KIND LED with all the bells and whistles for the tent. Im looking to grow hydro bucket system , what would be the best to use. I was thinking 48/ 5gallon buckets or 48/3gallon for the bloom. any suggestions and the strains would be: Blue dream, White widow, Northern light auto flower @hobbyist

2 Likes

You’ve got humidity and temperature handled, I’ll assume. Are you running a DWC system? 5 gallon buckets in DWC are about the minimum I’d run.

3 Likes

yes i do have the humidity and temp handle thanks i invested alot in this tent i know i didnt have to spend as much i felt comfortable knowing i got what i wanted its a start in a few months i will upgrade to what i really want, but for know want to see what size pots and how many would fit in this 8x8 tent. i was thinking between 5 and 7 gallons

3 Likes

What kind of hydro grow are you doing?

2 Likes

more likely SOG if thats the answer you looking for

1 Like

would the 48/ 5gallon buckets work

1 Like

What are you growing in? DWC? Coco?

2 Likes

no sorry cubes and pellets will be used in the dwc system? will 48/5gallons fit

1 Like

the pellets are the hydroton clay pellets.

1 Like

Can you rephrase your question? I’m not totally sure what info you’re asking for.

2 Likes

WHAT SIZE AND HOW MANY BUCKETS FIT IN A 8X8 TENT?
I ALSO STATED WOULD 48 FIVE GALLON BUCKETS FIT? i ask this question and got ask a question with a question
:man_facepalming:t6:

Like I said, I’m not sure what you’re asking exactly and wanted to be clear try help. Good luck.

2 Likes

Simple QUESTION DO 48 Five GALLON BUCKET, WOULD THAT FIT IN THE DAMN TENT?
FOR EXAMPLE: HOW MANY QUARTERS IN A US DOLLAR? THE ANSWER 4 SIMPLE
ITS NOT LIKE I ASK SOMETHING WRONG. I DONT BELIEVE IN LUCK LONG AS I KEEP LEARNING AND APPLY IT, I WILL BE FINE

1 Like

I wouldn’t go that many in a tent just cause when you go from veg to flower your plants will probably double in size and then you’ll have a huge over crowing issue. I have a 4x4 I have fabric pots 3 7 gal pots and 1 5 gal in my flower and I’m out of room for the auto that is starting to flower in my veg room. So depending on the size of plants your growing I’d guess 20-25 buckets would be about the max you’d want to go.

4 Likes

1 plant usually needs a 2x2 space to itself. Do the math

5 Likes

sure you could go with 48 buckets but like some have said you will have problems.

1. how are you going to monitor the back corners?
  2. with that many in your tent how are you going to have room for fans to move air though your under canopy ?
  3. unless you are going for a single cola on each plant they will be over crowded.

This is why you are getting the question back for a question asked. We are asking these things to try to getting to understand your reasoning on that many plants in such a small space… Now to care for all of these plants you need room to move around in that space too and unless you have 7 foot long arms.

48 plants would normally be in 3 times that much space. for air movement and room to grow without any problems. In a 10ft by 12ft room I have enough room for about 12 to 16 plants with room to check them on a regular bases.

2 Likes

well do thanks

2 Likes

it was just a simple question thats all. simple yes or NO with explanation of the pros and cons. i mean how much of a K.I.S.S can it be thanks tho

You need to understand that most of us on here answering a question have been through a few grows. When we see a question like that we are going is this a real question or someone trying to pull one over on us( testing us). So we ask you what are you trying to do. You come back at us like that you are not going to make friends. Since I’m a little older than most here I will be very bunt with you screaming at anyone you will lose( no answers when you most need it) valuable information that could save you later.

3 Likes

see here is the issue you telling me, lol i need to understand lol cute. Dude either you will be a friend or not i will not stop learning and being me over this misunderstand its on you if you want to build . like i said K.I.S.S and all it was, a simple question. #lottieDottie