Growing 5 auto's in grow buckets for the first time ever with both

Im seeing some spotting on the leaves. And i was reading that maybe a good compost tea with molasses could help. My question is can i bottom feed some of the compost tea in the buckets? Also how much compost tea should i feed them . They are about a week into flower. And ive been feeding them Gaia Green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 amendments. I brewed up a tea in a 5 gallon bucket with 2 tbs molasses and 1 1/2 cup of worm castings 2 tbs of kelp and 2 tbs of Alfalfa.

9 Likes

I use Grobuckets and looking at the spots on your leafs it may be Downy Mildew and you should bottom feed them, however I don’t use tea’s myself, so I don’t know if it would cause you more issues.
There are many articles on it. Some other growers on the site may have dealt with it before. I have only seen it back in the 70’s working in grape vineyards.
Here is an article on it.

9 Likes

I think @nacho151 might be right. I have a hard time telling from the pictures.

I don’t have experience with bottom feeding. But you sure can feed em the tea. It benefits the microorganisms in your soil. The molasses is pure energy for them. Every 4 to 2 weeks as well, but watch out a bit with the dry amendments. Whilst everything goes a bit slower, you can still burn your plants. Always inspect them, like you would normally do. Listen to the ladies. I intervalled, so amendments one week, 2 weeks later the tea, etc.

8 Likes

I don’t know how much tea per plant to give them? I usually give them just PH water between 6.2 6.5 every couple of days when the buckets get empty. And i only fed them amendments after the first 3 weeks. Coming up to the next feeding. So i was going to do the amounts you recommended to me.
I appreciate all the help. You people are best thank you all for your input. Im only on my second grow ever. And though nothing died on me in my first grow or hermd . It was far from what I would have liked in taste and buds .

8 Likes

Check the underside of your leaves where the spots are on the top and see if they’re white, probably need to see if any critters are hiding also.

6 Likes

I was looking for that to. But i didn’t see any of hand. But im old and my eyes aren’t what they use to be. I was thinking crips if that is what they are called. But like I said I could not see any

7 Likes

I looked at the article for the Downey mildew , thanks for the info but the only problem with what they say is it happens in temperatures below or around 76 . I don’t think these plants now that temperature. I live in New York and it has been 84 to 80 degrees in my apartment and now tomorrow it is going down 56 degrees. Only in New York could you have 76 degrees in November. If only i could have had my air conditioner for the last month. I would be able to control my environment better. But my highs have been 85 degrees and my humidity has been around 50 55 percent

7 Likes

Thanks for everyone’s help and patience

8 Likes

Just replace a normal watering. Like 10% of your soil volume or so.

6 Likes

Thank you for all the help i need it . Just wish I had some to smoke now, to help me with all my medical issues. Living in New York Sucks.

7 Likes

Nacho i have a for you? You said you use the grow bucket setup with the bottom feed tube?

6 Likes

Yes, the best way to use the grobucket is to top water the new plant for around 30 days, then use the tube to fill the reservoir and let it wick back up, it will make the roots search for water providing a better root-ball.

8 Likes

Ok that was one kinda one question thanks. But what do you PH your bottom water to? Was one. The other is do you let them drink all the water out before you feed again , And let the roots hang in the air ? I have some spots on the leaves and was wondering if this could be part of the problem? Thanks for the help.

7 Likes

Grobucket’s are soil wicking containers. I recommend filling the reservoir with your nutrient water mix and wait to feed or water when dry or showing signs they need a drink. I pH my R/O water down to 5.8 to 6.3. I also use Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil. and that soil helps adjust the pH to the level the plant needs. The pH in the reservoir seems to maintains the pH for up to 4 days without drastic changes and the plant will only wick up what it needs. The water is usually wicked out of the reservoir in 2 to 3 days. I have found out from using them that each strain has a different consumption of water. An example, OG Kush feed and water every 6 days, Blueberry strain every 7 days, and GG#4 every 5 days. But everyone’s environment is different, temperature, humidity, ventilation. I keep notes on every grow so if I haven’t grew a strain in a long time, I can review my notes to see what or if there are things I need to watch for. I just moved into a new house so basically I have a new environment to learn and see what works and what won’t.

9 Likes

Ok np. Thank you very much. I top feed Gaia Green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 every 3 to 4 weeks. Just wanted to know if you Ph lower I’ve been Ph around 6.2 when i bottom feed. Because like you said after time it goes up a little. Rite now im using pro mix BX with extra perlite. And worm castings. Thanks again

5 Likes

Also i live in New York my environment is 84 degrees in my apartment. It keeps changing here like crazy having all kinds of issues trying to maintain any type of environment. In 2 days its going back down to the 50 degree and lower. Its been this crazy for the last month

7 Likes

I’m also In NY but western Ny! Glad to meet another New Yorker!

6 Likes

Always Happy to meet a New York Neighbor.

6 Likes

Having phosphorus problems with my Auto’s. Using Gaia green amendments. Not exactly sure what I can use to fix my problem? I know it says use a PK booster. But I have so many different types of Nutrients and different lines. I have to go through all my stock .

8 Likes

Am a newbie too, looks like air circulation and hot spots.

5 Likes