Growing 5 auto's in grow buckets for the first time ever with both

I always go from a slightly bigger than solo direct to the pot. I use 20 oz plastic chicken liver cups, from eating them, lol. I take a step drill and bore 4 holes in the bottom and then use a quart ziplock for a humidity dome till they come up and then leave it on for about a day after they are standing up real good. Then I hit them with a small fan from about 6 ft away, just to keep the air moving around them and prevent stem rot at the soil level, and get them strong right off the bat.

Marty

10 Likes

Gray, to be honest Iā€™m not sure as I have never direct seeded into the large pot with this mix. Now donā€™t hold me to this but Iā€™m pretty sure I just took some of the mix and made my Chicken liver cups up with it just like what was in the 8 gallon bags, but Iā€™m not positive. Last time I used some 1 gal pots in-between the starter cups and the 8 gallon pots, the reason was I didnā€™t start from seed, my last grow was all clones. So what I am saying is that it didnā€™t hurt the clones, but I havenā€™t tried from seed.

HTH

Marty

10 Likes

I appreciate your advice. I might just go promix and some Happy frog for seedlings with some perlite.
Get them started and go from there.

10 Likes

In all my years of growing I have never used any of the pre-made soils like happy frog or any of the other thousand named bags lol. I have either made my own Organic soil or just used pure coco and addded nutes and inoculates.

Marty

7 Likes

I used Happy frog with perlite on my last grow. They seemed to like it . I want to try and get things going before the weather changes to much. And it should give me time to let the soil cook before I transplant to the five gallon fabric pots. Thanks for reaching out to me @sssportsmfg .
Marty

7 Likes

Never asked you if you wanted me to send you some of Blueberry Big bud Autoā€™s? @HostileHippie420

9 Likes

I mean Iā€™m always willing to grow more strains ! I appreciate you for real

9 Likes

You can IM me your address and Iā€™ll send you some. Your in New York. Should be quick . Always willing to give a fellow grower some seeds. @HostileHippie420

8 Likes