Growing with Cannabis Journal

Already a couple gigs lined up to speak about cannabis, next weekend The Garden Route Cannabis Cup, and in September I will be speaking about cannabis at EarthDance, a major dance and trance event in South Africa. Looking forward to it.

14 Likes

Whoa that’s cool

8 Likes

Just got back home from the 3rd Garden Route cannabis cup, hosted in Plett over the past weekend. Besides south africa’s regular turmoil like violent strike action, loadshedding, screwed economy, it was a total success and seems like mostly everyone had a great time, networking, listening to informed talks about cannabis and crowning Canna Porium the best on the garden route with their well grown Blue Dream Skzittles Cake pictured below. What a top strain, crystals everywhere, dark and a smooth dank smoke.

Also great to be back at The Canna Club who kindly hosted me over the weekend. Spent most of my time at their Clubhouse enjoying meeting many different people, smoking some great weed and enjoying good weather.

15 Likes

So glad to say new genetics are under the hood and lights are on. Looking forward to our new grow season and popping some beans soon… managed to get my hands on white widow, pure michigan, super gloo, elvis, super cheese…

Round 2.

11 Likes

Looks like a great time

5 Likes

Busy prepping for the mushroom walk and talk this weekend, got to get them numbers up. You sleep strange hours, must be 4am where you are.

11 Likes

So excited to head down to EarthDance 2023 and open the weekend talking about cannabis legality and how to #ovagrow the system.

The Earthdance Global Peace Party is the world’s largest underground music and dance event for peace. Held annually since 1997, the event features hundreds of music artists, DJs, dancers, and speakers at local Earthdance events around the world, on the same weekend each year. The Earthdance event is aligned with the annual international Peace Day on September 21; and includes a global synchronized affirmation for peace.Earthdance is produced by Earthdance Global, and supports the Earthdance International non-profit organization.

11 Likes

Part of my talk about overgrowing the system will be a short poem to share with the dancers, hippies, traders and good people of earth.

~Ode to Marijuana~

I fly
High and high
To the reverberation
To the bliss

I fly
High and high
To the goddess
To the serenity
To make love with the unsung hymns

I fly
High and high
With the puff
Pondering Self, the elf
Calming down
When the whiff gulps down
The pain
The body weight

I fly
High and high
To the void
Knowing I am not this
I am not that
Searching the Self, THE I
I fly
High and high

• Puvi
8 Likes

Garden is coming along strong, not much to show but a new pond is in, beds are worked, spinach planted and canna seeds are sprouting. I have been busy with other duties like renovations and getting a cottage ready for tenants, but also the most important time of season, planting. So in the next week I will be busy in the garden transplanting, taking clones and planting seeds.

I have also been busy with cannafam.co.za and also 420ad.net. Both of these are personal new projects hopefully going to help and provide a small income in the future. Dont know if anyone has noticed but we running 420ad.net on growersnetwork to supply the banner adverts.

Just thought I would post an update.

10 Likes

Love this time of year, spring in the step and in the air. Been taking my time in the garden, my worm is finally flowing and makes me so happy. I have just been planting random seeds collected from last year. Transplanted a bunch of mons recently and got them on nutrients and finally rebuilt the garden tea drum which is running 24/7.

14 Likes

Look at the little babies! They look perfect!

6 Likes

Yeah about the only things looking sharp at the moment, but just you wait, I am loaded with organic additives and soil is prepped. I am hoping with a little bit of luck this season is going to be a bumper.

6 Likes

Off to my last event of the year, a soil talk and seed exchange. Wish some of you guys could attend, I am going to do a live stream from 3.30pm (GMT ) , about 3.5 hours time. The soil talk is amazing, a very knowledgeable man talking about soil composition. Also must thank the sponsors biltongandbudz.co.za for the fresh genetics. Have a super wknd everyone.

Live streaming via IG - https://www.instagram.com/cannapromote

OG Life is a collaborative proxy of medical and recreational cannabis providers for genetics, laboratory analysis / soil analysis, and medicinal byproducts and extractions.

www.og.life

Atlanta, GA
Orange County, CA
Austin, TX
Indianapolis, IN
NY, NY
Miami, FL

11 Likes

Hi Cannafam

Sorry for being so queit lately. Been working on hundreds of projects, some good, some not so good. Dufficult times hey. But onwards and upwards.

Currently revegging some flowered clones outdoors.

Wedding cake and face on fire. Have an irie weekend. Happy growing everyone.

11 Likes

Now thats a reveg. Damn how long does that take outside? What kind of light is that?

8 Likes

heya @PreyBird1

Its not perfect, but it was a quick makeshift setup after I was gifted these amazing clones. The light is a florescent 100 watt cool white bulb. It was the only bulb that could work outside for now with the current setup. I am going to purchase a solar LED 200 watt soon as this will be my vegging station from now. Been building this little secure garden for a couple months now.

9 Likes

Hey Chrisj!

No worries, we all have those busy stretches. Hope the good projects are shining through!

Revegging flowered clones outdoors sounds exciting. Wedding Cake and Face on Fire are fantastic strains. How’s the progress so far?

Happy growing!

Thanks,
Suganya

3 Likes

Thanks for your comment @greenscienx_sug , progress is slow, a cold winter, but plants are in reveg. Looking forward to a good growing season coming up soon.

6 Likes

You’re welcome @chrisj! Glad to hear your comments. Wishing you a great growing season ahead! Keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks,
Suganya

6 Likes

Just past mid winter, not been growing much at all, just a couple plants trying to do their thing in the garden, but, a big BUTT, we are almost ready to start prepping for a top growing season going forward. But here is a picture that has made me happy, from the garden this morning that is filled with chillies, gooseberries, rocket, ginger and a couple male and female plants.

A spiny mantis enjoying the suns rays mid morning. Much needed, its been bloody cold this side. Happy growing and happy days.

8 Likes