Hand watering in coco

Please l will like some info about handwatering in coco coir

5 Likes

Welcome, I’m sure one of our resident coco guys well stop in. I’m kind of a hybrid soil,coco.blend

4 Likes

What would you like to know about coco @nattygrower

3 Likes

Some people say that hand watering in coco is not effective…

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter if you have a drip system or hand water… The plants need water regardless!! Coco will hold longer that’s why soil growers add coco to the mix… Any advice @imSICKkid gives you I’d take into real consideration

6 Likes

Watering is watering! Whether it’s automatic or by hand. I would prefer hand watering because i can check moisture levels. I hand water 45 plants in coco and its very very effective.

11 Likes

Thank u so much… I always grow in soil and lm trying some cloning in coco

4 Likes

Coco will hold more water longer so just be careful… I got some great advice to add perlite to my mix since I’m new to coco

4 Likes

Yeah I mix soil and coco. Good

5 Likes

I will be documenting the whole process.via photos iny journal. Coming soon.

2 Likes

I have been growing in coco for five years. Very large operations including 2000 sq for of light dep. with fabric beds that run four feet wide and 45 feet long four per greenhouse and we strictly use coco and hand water. Something that big takes a ton of time along with some high power pumps and special watering wands. But for a small operation I would suggest hand watering easier to control and lower cost.

3 Likes

Hand watering, using sprayers, or drip rings like I use all works. I love coco because unlike soil, its impossible to overwater coco. Soil will get all sludgy and packed down but coco can only hold a certain amount no matter what.

4 Likes

Yes I use a two gallon sprayer. Extra long. Less bending the better.

5 Likes

See that’s what im talking about. Ive had to climb around on my knees! what type kind brand do you like?

3 Likes

I’ve been scoping out this

Bloom Brothers Hydro Halo Water Ring 3 Leg Support https://g.co/kgs/8vPKXh

2 Likes

I like those. I could make a little tube setup and a small pump. And turn it on and water them all at once.

2 Likes

I think this would be perfect

1 Like

I just get like the rubber made or whatever. They are about $30

2 Likes

I picture a reservoir 5gal bucket with lid custom fit with hoses from pump connecting to water halo with pump submerged in my nute solution either flipping the switch by hand or setting on timer will work too

1 Like

Yep that would be nice.

2 Likes