Happy Taffy

This isn’t a “from scratch” recipe. I have tried several homemade weed Tootsie Roll™® recipes and they all fail to match the real thing.

So, the real thing is the only thing.

I present Happy Taffy, aka Weed Tootsie Rolls™®:

Ridiculously easy step-by-step pictorial instructions to follow shortly.

16 Likes

I love your recipes Girl! Thank you for sharing them with us :wink:

6 Likes

First I made some hash oil with sugar leaf trim.

7 Likes

Gather your ingredients:
6-10grams hash oil
1 tbsp sweetened condensed milk
60 TR midgees

I highly recommend using only silicone utensils for this recipe.

I put my hash oil in a silicone baking mold, set that in a small egg pan, then heated the oil on WARM just enough to get the hash oil ready to mix with 1 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk.

Remove from heat after adding milk.

7 Likes

Once the milk is added, very, very thoroughly mix the two together. This step is a very important step! Make sure all that oil/milk gets as evenly mixed together as possible.

Set it back in the pan and place it on the OFF but still warm burner while you do the next step.

6 Likes

Next, it’s time to melt the Tootsie Rolls™®.

Place unwrapped TRs in a heat proof, non-stick bowl. I just used 3 silicone baking molds, myself. Use whatever you have that is food safe, microwavable, and non-stick.

Microwave for 45 seconds, stir/flip candy, then heat another 45 seconds.

I united my three separate bowls of semi-melted candy into one silicone measuring cup. You won’t need to do this if you used a big enough container to start.

You will need to stir well, then nuke it for another 30 seconds or so. Don’t let it burn.

Total microwave time: 2 minutes

6 Likes

Now, it’s time to join Weed and Tootsie Roll™® in marijuana matrimony.

Just mix, fold, mix, fold, mix, fold, mix, fold, mix, fold, mix, fold, mix. Keep mixing. Don’t stop. Not done yet. A little more. Ok, there!

Ends up making ½ cup of taffy.

6 Likes

Get out your parchment and put it on a baking sheet, in a baking pan, or even just flat on the counter. Pour out or plop out the taffy mix.

If the mix isn’t really gooey anymore, that’s fine. It stays malleable to work with, no matter. Nothing needs to be done to keep it flowing.

Silicone makes this part PAINLESS!

5 Likes

Ball it up and weigh it so you can divide it into even servings.

After the ball cools and the taffy is able to hold its shape, divide it into equally weighed pieces. I went with 8-9gr each, giving me 24 servings. Typically, when I make edibles I use the same ratios everytime, so I’ve gotten pretty good at properly dosing myself.

5 Likes

Time to wrap it up!

To make it super easy, I use baking cups.

If you make your taffy small enough, you can actually just reuse the Tootsie Roll™® wrappers, just make sure you label them as containing weed.

7 Likes

Store in an airtight container in the fridge. I don’t know how long they stay fresh because they’re always gone within a couple weeks.

3 Likes

That looks delicious! I just love reading your journals I love how you write :wink: you keep a reader intrigued. Have you ever thought about doing your own Canna recipe blog or page or something. You got serious talent there Girl :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks, @missiles!

I’ve thought about doing a series of cooking videos. I just need to actually do it. That means I have to put forth the effort. Boo!

3 Likes

Lol I can relate to that :grin: if you ever had the chance you should do it though and you’re very welcome :wink:

2 Likes

For now, this forum will be my place. Eventually, I’ll start a recipe thread or something, too.

2 Likes

I think this is the most perfect place :grin: ! I’m glad I can follow along with you!

2 Likes

I could cut each of them in half as I love a nice 25mg… 40mg at most high…

4 Likes

Yep, even lightweights can enjoy a nibble or two.

5 Likes

After enjoying one today, with no other weed, I’d estimate these are closer to about 150mg.

2 Likes

U wouldn’t like my medical chocolates lol , they contain 375 mg of winterized shatter lol. (Always a sure hit lol, punn intended

2 Likes