Harvesting, Drying, and Curing my last grow of the season

I didn’t want to start a journal at the tail end of my grow, but I thought I would share the harvesting, drying, and curing process I typically use on my grows.

The 3 plants I’ll be harvesting soon aren’t my best due to a bit of laziness during their stretch, which caused some light burn. This was a last minute grow, of strains I was just trying to get rid of, so I wasn’t as focused as usual.

These are autos, grown in a mostly Promix Bx medium using Earth Juice and lots of microbes, under qb lights on a 12/12 light cycle since germination.

Strains:
Sweet Tooth–grown once before, but wasn’t a fan of her taste or yield; I decided to mess about and top her, this time; she looks to be about the same, yield-wise, as my previous attempt

6 Shooter #1–grown once before, but wasn’t a fan of her yield; I decided to mess about and top her, this time; her yield looks to be at least 1oz higher than previous

6 Shooter #2–same as above; I decided to mess about and top her, this time; her yield looks to be at least 3oz higher than previous.

Sweet Tooth is just about ready for harvest; the 6 Shooters have a few more weeks.

Today, after 7 days of no food, I watered Sweet Tooth with 2 gallons of very, very cold, plain, unpH’d well water. I got ½ gallon of run-off. She won’t get anything farther from me, except the chop. I am thinking she’ll be harvested on Tues June 4th, Day 69 from germination.

I will post pics as soon as my internet allows. Stay tuned!

Here’s a link to help tell you when to harvest. I like to harvest at 10% or less amber, myself.

13 Likes

Here are a few Sweet Tooth trich shots from earlier today:

16 Likes

Nice quantity and length on those trichomes!

8 Likes

The one thing Sweet Tooth definitely seems to have going for her is her snow, that’s for sure! Both that I’ve grown have been so frosty.

Here are a few bud shots. She has tons of single-fingered sugar leaves just dripping with glitter. She is a shorty, per her strain profile, but her buds are fat and tight.

excuse the light burned leaf tips

15 Likes

I gotta be honest: I forgot to document Sweet Tooth’s chop/trim! It happens.

I will not forget to document this lovely lady for you!! She is a Six Shooter. Her last feed was 5/31, but I was actually planning on feeding her this Friday, til the trichs told me otherwise. I expect to harvest her around 6/14.

Yesterday, she got 1 gallon of plain well water pH’d to 6.4. She will get plain water only til harvest. Right now, I don’t plan on doing a preharvest water flush, especially since she’ll have 2 weeks of no nutrients. The rh is staying in the 30’s, which is quite low, but just fine for finishing up buds.

She’s under QB lights, but I have an attached tent which is still under blurples, hence the weird side light. :grinning:

11 Likes

You are really crushing it in the trichome department!

9 Likes

Thank you! Not sure what I’m doing to coax out that beautiful snow, so I’ll just blame the nutrient regime and genetics.

7 Likes

Checked the light level. Running at 699.9 PPFD. Lights at 300 watts and 20" from top of canopy. 7-10 days til harvest.

I am quite timid with my light. The plant can surely handle a bit more, so I will probably drop it down to 18" before the weekend. As long as she doesn’t start foxtailing or bleaching out in the last week, all’s good.

7 Likes

Someday I hope to be consistent enough to mess with my lights more and determine the line of diminishing returns… gonna be awhile, I have a lot of other things to figure out first. Heh. But if I could get the same yield I just got with 450w instead of 600w… well in the long run that is worth striving for.

8 Likes

According to this, the approximate growth rates at different ppfds are: 300 at 45%, 800 at 85%, and 1500 at 100%. To be honest, that report is mostly gobbledly gook to me, but I’m trying to understand it better.

7 Likes

Six Shooter #2 Day 73, approx 5-8 days from harvest:

Top right are the Twin Colas that can’t be seen in the bottom, since one hides behind the other.

Gave her 1 gallon of cold well water, today.

5 Likes

Today is day 77. She’s been getting a gallon of plain cold water every couple of days. I am thinking she’s going to push it to Monday/Tuesday.

Tuesday is the longest I can push her, due to my job.

8 Likes

Looking awesome! And these are autoflowers?

5 Likes

She is a Six Shooter Auto from fastbuds.

4 Likes

You know, I completely skipped 6S#1. I chopped her today and am trimming her, now. That’s her empty pot.

5 Likes

How could you forget her? She was looking great :grin:

2 Likes

The lowest branch from her. No larf on this girl.

6 Likes

There she is :grin: nice trimming :wink:

4 Likes

This plant has been a breeze to trim. Scissor hash tastes wicked, too. I might have to give this girl another shot, especially if she tastes as amazing as she smells.

5 Likes

Best part of trimming if you ask me :wink:

7 Likes