Harvesting, Drying, and Curing my last grow of the season

I jar up after 5-7 days, myself, and cure for 3+ months. This thread is actually all about my particular technique; it’s my harvest journal, if you will. :grinning:

I like my buds as leafless as possible. Sugar leafs go into edibles, so I really get in there and clean as much of the leaves out as possible. Doing that dry is next to impossible, because those teeny little sugar leaves fold up and in, you have to peel them off the bud, then snip them off. This has been my personal experience with dry trimming.

To be honest, you’re the first person I’ve ever heard say that dry trimming is easier than wet trimming. Most dry trimmers concede that it’s a pain in the butt, but they have reasons for doing it.

5 Likes

Also, I jarred-up my buds, today. Got 119 grams of buds. They’re in 4 qt jars, sitting in the dark of my drying room. They will get burped twice a day for 1-2 weeks, depending on how long it takes them to dry a bit more. After that, they’ll get burped a few times a week for a week or two. Then, time to burp only when checking on the smell and/or reaching my grubby mitts in for a nug.

I currently have 3 strains that have been curing since March and one that’s been curing since April. This current harvest will be going to work with me so I can give it a proper cure.

8 Likes

Makes sense and nice yield ! I just pulled 4 oz off a wwa 3 .25 off another and 6 off my Cindy xxx photo …I’m a happy dude !

Also, you’ve convinced me to try wet trimming another shot . If all you say it’s easier , there must be something to it !

7 Likes

Well, now that’s a lot of pressure. What if you hate it?!

6 Likes

Lol then I’ll just go back to dry trim :wink:

5 Likes

Does anyone have any good advice on drying in high humidity? 63%

5 Likes

63% isn’t too bad. I assume you don’t have a climate controlled space (i.e. a dehumidifier). Lots of air movement around the buds - fans under them, etc. I would likely wet trim to remove as much of the plant material as possible, and I’d consider using cardboard boxes or brown paper bags to dry in.

7 Likes

The trichomes look good brother, Keep it up

4 Likes

Brown paper bags are da chit

3 Likes

Ok they are in card board box’s now, it’s day 16

1 Like

Day 16? I’d say you’re probably ready for jarring. Do you have hygrometers? What have your temps/rh been for last 16 days?

1 Like

Temps in mid 70 s and humidity mid 60s they still feel wet

3 Likes

I usually run my dry space at 45% and 14-16 degrees Celsius. Takes two weeks most times. If u can try dehumidifier.

1 Like

Open your box lids and keep them open for 24 hours, turning buds once.

Do you have a fan to keep air moving?

Any weird smells or colors developing?

4 Likes

No weird smell or color, just the buds are not dry

3 Likes

How long they been in the box?

3 Likes

I’m finally trimming

5 Likes

Yaaay , happy trimming :wink:

4 Likes

Nice trichomes and clear picture.

2 Likes

Thanks! She was a great plant. Only used my phone’s camera, too. These new phones take amazing trich shots.

4 Likes