Harvesting, Drying, and Curing my last grow of the season

Is that a iPhone or something? Nice color

3 Likes

Samsung S10+. It has a great camera set-up. I need to mess with it a bit, because I know I am not using it to its full potential.

3 Likes

You can tell it’s super nice , I’m a Samsung guy myself;). Makes my pics look foggy haha

3 Likes

All trimmed! Yes, I just finished. I don’t rush because it hurts my hands to trim. I try to wet trim within 48 hours of harvesting. I hate dry trimming so much!

7 Likes

Before and after:

9 Likes

Much better than I get it. They look very nicely done Girl!

3 Likes

Thanks, missiles!

One of the lowest branches near my intake flap started hermying on me the last week. Boo! Completely my fault: I got lazy with shutting my window curtains on time, so a few nights she had terrible light leaks. Luckily, no male flowers popped open, but I found a few little green balls and a few yellow male flowers just ready to burst.

I love autos, because I am certain if I grew photos, I would hermy every plant with light leaks. With my current situation, I cannot eliminate all light to my grow room. I could buy more expensive tents, I guess.

No matter, autos seem ok with some light leaks, just not a fully opened curtain in the grow room during their lights off, over several days, for hours at a time. Duh, Betty, duh. :rofl: Thinking running her 12/12 from the start made her habituated to that cycle, so the weird light leaks during late bloom were extremely confusing to her.

4 Likes

That is very understandable there! It was hard for me when I grew my first photo this last round, to remember I couldn’t go into the tent whenever I wanted too. Had to remind myself I had a sensitive girl in there lol Glad to hear she didn’t herm on you too bad though. Good catch!

3 Likes

My first few grows were of terrible bagseed photos. Every plant started as a beautiful girl, then got balls.

I still treat autos like photos, regarding how careful I usually am with lights/curtains. Autos aren’t impervious to interruptions to their dark cycles, they’re just usually more easy going about it. I try to respect their dark, as much as possible, though I will peek in with my green headlamp, every once in a while.

3 Likes

Drying room temps/rh over the past 24 hours.

Temps are a teensy bit too high, but close enough to ok, for me.

5 Likes

Killer crop man!! Happy Harvest!!

4 Likes

Thanks! She grew nicely, all things considered.

3 Likes

She’s just about ready to jar! Where I live is a high desert, so my plants tend to be ready for jarring after 5-7 days.

This morning, I cut off the buds and boxed them up. They will stay in boxes for 24-48, then they’ll be jarred. I put them in boxes to help drying w/o overdrying; the boxes draw out the moisture, but retain a bit of it at the same time, which helps keep my buds from drying out too quickly.

I don’t box all plants. This plant needs it, though.

12 Likes

I could totally go on a snacking adventure with a snack crate filled with bud. :smiley:

8 Likes

Oooooh, that’d be an idea, huh? Monthly edibles crate!

8 Likes

I like that idea :wink:

4 Likes

Real nice!! What strain again?

3 Likes

Those look awesome. Funny I hate wet trimming …dry is way easier to me…they just snap off !

3 Likes

I hate dry trimming. The weed is too fragile to get a good, clean trim, at least in my opinion.

I know a lot of people like to dry with the leaves on, to help slow down the drying process, but otherwise wet vs dry trimming seems to be a personal choice w/o much difference in outcome. Well, maybe a few lost trichs in dry trimming, but those can be collected and used in many ways.

2 Likes

It’s def down to personal choice. I like how easy it is to snap the leaves and branches off…I barely even have to touch the buds and the way I dry them, they aren’t fragile at all so it wouldn’t matter if I had to… I put in jars after like 7 days or when the first outter stems snap so there is a tad more mositure in them than usual but I feel long cure is the wya to go !

4 Likes