Harvesting, Drying, and Curing my last grow of the season

I waited too long on this one. Kind of decided on the spur of the moment to top her. It would have been better had I done it a couple days earlier, I think.

I topped her 4/16.

4 Likes

I agree. Toppingutos isn’t worth it due to slow down and risk of early flower
I only use lst , defoliate and every now and then super crop my autos .

Every single auto I have topped has been out performed by the autos I did not top…

Hope this helps !

6 Likes

Oh, I don’t tend to top autos. I usually use lst, myself.

This grow was just to get rid of seeds, so I had fun messing with them. This plant did well. I’m estimating 4-5 oz dry.

7 Likes

4-5 is a nice pull !

6 Likes

The other 6 Shooter wasn’t as successfully topped. :joy:She gave me exactly 56 grams of dried buds.

The one on the left is 3 days older. I topped at the same time.

It’s crazy what a difference that 3 days make in autos! This turned into a great mini-topping experiment, looking back, now.

Lesson learned: LST is best, but if you’re feeling like pressing your luck, top as soon as the 4th node can be safely cut-off.

7 Likes

That sounds like my cheese I harvested. I didn’t even weight it was so disappointing but she was the one that I tried topping LOL

Here is my little girl I topped :laughing:

7 Likes

I added a pic.

3 Likes

I agree. I have a method dedicated to autos id be happy to discuss with you. It consistley pull 4-8 oz per plant of rock hard bud in soil under blurples

Did a whole seed to bud auto class a
On another forum…would be down to so the same here if there is I interest

6 Likes

So did I :grin:

4 Likes

They both look grand!

4 Likes

Thank you, I will watch your grows for sure, but I am developing my own method which, so far, gets me 3-6oz per plant, if I don’t experiment with hst. :rofl: I grow solely autos.

4 Likes

I am on that other forum, as well.

3 Likes

Oh shit, what’s your user name there ?

4 Likes

You can call me, “Betty”.

8 Likes

Heya Betty ! Is it black thumb on the other one ?

4 Likes

They both had great buds, but Righty is a beast, compared to her older sister. No complaints about Lefty’s smoke, so far. :grinning:

All in all, I think 6 Shooter is a resinous, potent, fast flowering, easy to grow strain with a classic weed flavor/aroma. I won’t grow it again, but I would recommend it to others for the above reasons.

7 Likes

Btb, baby.

7 Likes

Noice. Good to see ya over here :slight_smile:

6 Likes

13 Likes

Good job on photos buds are pretty much facing the same way n everything;)

3 Likes