Has anyone ever seen this before?

Something very odd is happening -
On my late-flowering Amnesia Auto between the crease of the fabric pot and the coco grows a cannabis seedling. It just showed up this morning

I cannot account for this.
How is it possible that a seedling would grow without a seed being planted?
Has anyone ever seen this before? This young seedling appears to be coming from the plant up from the root system This plant has only been in the tent with all her sisters so I do not have any explanation for this.
I think I will let her grow for a day or 2 and see what happens -
a New Year’s miracle :slight_smile: Happy new year to one and all…

9 Likes

Hi @ravenchief
A seedling is a young plant sporophyte developing out of a plant embryo from a seed. Seedling development starts with germination of the seed. A typical young seedling consists of three main parts: the radicle (embryonic root), the hypocotyl (embryonic shoot), and the cotyledons (seed leaves).

So in other words I think you dropped a seed in the some way or by someone. Or the seed was dormant in the soil. Or you flowering lady dropped a seed.
If it was directly linked to the mother plant, it would be growing much closer to the mother plant.
Hope it helps your puzzle.

4 Likes

My vote mom dropped a seed:)

6 Likes

Thank you @docdre and @hoppiefrog. It couldn’t be the soil as I use all pure coco that I hydrate from brick. The amnesia auto that is in the same pot is in late flower pics of the “mother”

6 Likes

I’ve never grown Autoflowerings strains before. Still something I would like to grow in my space one day.

2 Likes

Your Plant look very Awesome @ravenchief :+1:

1 Like

Thank you. I just dug it out had a very long tail and I put it in some light warrior soil dusted a little myco and watered it in, and I put it into my propagation Area and put it under some t5 24w on a 18/6 schedule and heating mat lots of humidity. Too much light in the tent right now you’re some pics

I took some ro water pH d to seven put in some rapid start some coconut water and a little aloe vera and sprayed it and it loved it. I don’t know if it’ll survive but we’re going to give it its best shot.

8 Likes

Autos are alot of fun, - they cut out a little time but not as much as I thought it would - I am going to be growing a set of seeds from Mephisto that specializes in Autos and I am very excited - All pure coco and Nectar for the Gods and a little experience under my belt I think I will be in heaven.
And now with this unexpected new years’ gift of effortless abundance - I get to add to my plan - I LOVE growing Cannabis …

3 Likes

Cool Raven good luck and all the Best. Tag me in your grows please. Will love to learn more about them, before I’m gifted a chance to grow a Auto.

1 Like

I have noticed, rarely i will find a root growing up and turning to a leaf, it may be a offshoot root.

3 Likes

Yes - I believe that is what this may be - when I dug her up the tap root was very long and singular - I couldn’t see what it may have been attached to as I didn’t want to disturb the coco too much, but the one thing that I know that it isn’t is a seed. I was growing in the crease, squeezing up from deep below… I am hopeful that I can keep her growing…

2 Likes

In what kind of rooter did you use?
Did you have a clean cut when you cut the clone ?

3 Likes

I wish it was easier to ship beans across the ocean id send you some auto seeds in a heartbeat just to see how they do for you

6 Likes

Thanks a Million @deusoboy420.
I have used cd cases in normal snail mail before, trading with guys years back in Cali and London. We just use the bubble wrapped envelopes. But truly Thanks for the offer.

4 Likes

I use an Auotkloner 180. Just using RO water + clonex seedling nutrient. I clean cut at 45° angle.

3 Likes

Hi nativeground
I took this pic this morning she seems to be growing and thriving in the germination area. When you saw the leaves from the tap root did they also have cotyledon leaves? I can’t see how this could have been from a seed since I keep all the seeds in the refrigerator upstairs and they never were taken out. And these plants are in 100% pure cocoa that I hydrated from Brick months ago. But this sure looks like a seedling to me. The pot that it is growing in is an Amnesia auto that is seven weeks in flower. I don’t see any seeds on the plant at all. So this remains a big mystery in the only thing that makes sense Is that it came up from underneath.

5 Likes

Hello RavenChief!
I’m not sure about cotyledon leaves since it wasn’t exactly embryonic, but it did have veins and only two leaves so it wasn’t monocot or dicot. So it most likely was cotyledon seeing as it was the first leaves to appear on that root. Only thing i can find on this subject is the book, 'On the development of buds upon roots and leaves" By Theo Holm. Just says after examining thousands of trees he only came upon a few subjects where roots had also grown buds or leaves. So i guess it happens normally but is rare.

5 Likes

Thank you - I will count my blessings and I’ll also be sure to clean my tent before the next grow… …

3 Likes

That plant came from seed. No clue in your situation how but it def came from a seed.

See the two cots? That doesn’t occur outside of seed germination. I had a plant late in flower pop a baby up out of the soil as well. Plant was fed flower nutes and was only a few weeks from harvest and a baby popped up in her soil. You can tell if it’s an off shoot which will b “Clone-like” or a rogue seed which will have cots. Yours def has cots.

Congrats however the stork delivered!

8 Likes

that sounds like it could be it.
I am still new to growing and learning is appreciated.
I don’t see any banana structures or anything like that on any of the plants in the tent - All autos -
Thank you.

5 Likes