Healthy plant, small buds

Hi fellow growers,

Not sure what’s going on with the Bruce Banner. It’s an auto, the typical time for these plants is 10 to 11 weeks seed to harvest. Mine vegged for 10w and is in week 5 of flower.
Everything was fine, healthy plant, got it’s nutes on time (a compost tea of worm castings, batguano and alafalfa meal), water is always around 6 to 6.5Ph.
It’s doing everything it’s supposed to do only the buds aren’t growing, this should be a monster by now and still the buds a re tiny.
It got it’s last feed Wednesday, a compost tea around 1300ppm.
Is this normal? Can anyone help please?

Any advise would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bruce banner is a killer buzz very potent but has small buds Ive been growing the photos for some time now don’t get very tall either.
I’d bring up the ph as tad but 6.5 is good unless your in hydro or something
:facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

Hey Mr. Blue,

Thanks for the comment, when you look at the pics this plant should be capable of more than these tiny nugs…do these nugs look similar to yours?

2 Likes

No but those are autos and never grew bb autos so dunno on the autos…
Plant looks healthy though. The photos have nice hard nugs just small always so doesn’t surprise me in the small nugs…I use bat guano and worm castings also :facepunch:t2:

2 Likes

ok, well thanks again, my mind is a bit more at ease, still hoping there’s going to be a burst of growth of the buds :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

All u can do is let er ride my brother but I think they’ll get bigger then that man. I was trying to find a bud pick of Bruce banner but can’t find one

2 Likes

Just checked again and it’s about 11 weeks of flower, so halfway now…i’ll keep you osted…thanks! have a great wee(d)kend brother!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You as well. Ever gets done don’t grow any more lol the photo is a 90 dayer… :facepunch:t2::us:

2 Likes

Check soil ph,if I had to guess you are having issues with micro nutes and iron is the main issue,your new growth is awfully light and small buds could be caused by Iron deficiency,if ph is above 6.5 iron becomes less available and above ph 7 it basically becomes immobilized and locks out.this will cause a chain reaction and lock out other nutrients.check your soil ph and make sure your feeds are not too heavy if ph is running high it’s likely due to over feeding. If you were earlier in flower I would suggest spray and grow foliar spray and to lower ph of soil w sulphur , and water for feeds with apple cider vinegar best of luck!

5 Likes

No matter how good nutes are placed and your environment Bruce banner isn’t a yielder on the photo aspect of things but who knows with its auto form. :flushed:

2 Likes

Well, I just had a bunch of plant reveg last round and thats what happened to mine. Alot of the plants gave shit nugs like those tiny ones you have… Other bigger nugs with alot of one leafs. But they were very frosty. That’s what happens when reveg accures… You lose a lot of nug meat. Those aren’t going to get much bigger… Sorry to inform you buddy… If they revegged, how do you know what week of flower you’re on?

3 Likes

If done correctly a revegetation works just fine it just takes a long veg to revert some strains, I have had buds the length of my arm and almost as wide as my waist from a monster crop clone,I do it all the time out of necessity when I was having issues with remembering to water my clones, here’s a pic of one

8 Likes

Hi hoppiefrog,
I check my run off and it’s never above 1000ppm, so pretty sure it’s not over feeding. I have had Ph above 6.5 so i’ll be sure to keep it around 6 from now on. Hope it gets etter…thankyou! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

1000 ppm is way high for many strains, 800 is much safer, usually a couple feeds at mid flower around 1000 is fine if not using CO2. Not many strains like a 1k feed thru whole cycle

4 Likes

Hi ultrapuff,

Thanks for your comment. Not sure how the reveg occurs, didn’t do anything special. How can I prevent that from happening?

3 Likes

Bruh your buds way bigger then your arms you gotta lift weights bruh more then those big buds lol hang out with ultra puff he’s a weight lifter :weight_lifting_woman: run on a treadmill type lol Bruce banner wouldn’t be good for a bird working out hahahah :v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

1 Like

Sorry guess I didn’t look close enough to your plants in general they looked good but here’s an issue and @ultrapuff help this man out :facepunch:t2:

3 Likes

It’s hard to say man… But i suggest that you just finish flowering them… Take some clones and reveg them. Start from scratch. Because it will take a long time to reveg them and start budding again… It can be done… I think it’s hard depending on how much room you have to work with…

3 Likes

It’s hard to say what’s going on bromo! He said his ppm is at 1700. And it looks like the plant isn’t getting something it needs… Maybe something with the roots that they in shock… Or Just not right nutrients… Ill have to get deeper into it!

3 Likes

Need more info indeed. @Slym3r out up your question thingy please. I don’t do the ppm bs never have don’t need to but I understand why a lot do. I ph water and if I have an issue I test soils ph too but ppm nope. :+1:t2:

2 Likes