Hello having mother issues

Hi guys! I’m new here and glad to be a part of the community, I am an ex Netherlands grower gone for decades and back for love of the plants! I’ve been having some issues with a mother plant, it’s a bonsai mother… is kind of a homeless plant with lots of natural sunlight, due to a tropical climate…it was so healthy, after I cloned a few babies, I started giving light organic nutrients…and perhaps may have overwatered once however it was super strong and now she lookS tired, wilted a bit, papery, clawed ends but it’s been several days. She resides under a led in the after hours to keep her in veg…any tips would help to put me at ease, since this was the only seed I found of this strain<3

4 Likes

Oh and also forgot to mention she is in a gallon cloth pot, and I already had trimmed roots from the transplant after the clones were cut…

2 Likes

Man can you clone it again and see if the clone has vigor? You should have grown the clone into the new mother. And flowered the mother away! I was reading last night about these guys cloning and that have been cloned so much and there is no difference in strain genetic degradation or thc terpenes or any flavor or bud structure. These clones were still going for 35+ yrs. And also about mother plants having sport mutations and cutting off the mutations as a clone. And picking the best plant from a great growing section plants and taking another great plant from a bad growing area it may have benificial sport mutation to benefit the strain but also could be bad. it was so godamn interesting. And he was talking about the clone being cloned and how the clone of that clone always roots 2x faster and is more vigorous maybe clone the clone and see what it does before it is to late! and then they were talking about tissue culturing to preserve strains and then giving a plant a chemical the doubles the chromosomes and make it a 3p plant then back breeding it with 1p plant and getting a seedless variant 2p! Thats how seedless watermellons were invented? Holy shit blew my godamn MIND!!:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

1 Like

Transplant it!
It saved my only clone of strain i liked a lot. And i only have one mother. But after reading about only keeping a mother for over winter purpose only and alway be running a clone of it and it will never have the issues that a mother would have like soil degradation, fungus,bacteria and such sounded smart as shit to me. And this guy was talking 1 mother chopped into 1000 clones. Then doubling the clones to 2000.

1 Like

@PreyBird1 thank you my bro!! I’m happy I found you because it was getting lonely here with that plant and virtually no info besides gelato and zkittlez…lol

Yes I am rooting clones of it as we speak…but the problem i found was the fact that the mother has the tap root…
Otherwise I will make a stepmom as you suggested and see how those clones go.

The last batch I got look like bonsai versions of yours came from the same bag and all,
Only problem is I only got one seed of several ounces…

Also, I was letting this one dry out to see if a good flush works, if not I’m transplanting to new soil with hydro corals on the bottom to see!

I use a mini flower bed “a la Soma” for the dollhouse…and it works like a charm!!

1 Like

So he always uses new mother’s basically?
I want to see how your stepmoms come out…
I got a few.
Was thinking to clone the rest of the mature growth and let the mama regrow in new soil…
Maybe trim some roots…

1 Like

Any pics to help ?

Could just be simply nute lock…

Pics help a lot

Cheers

Packee

2 Likes

@Packee. Hi there! Pleasure to meet you:)
Yes here you go, sorry for the lighting…

1 Like

Your very welcome!:ok_hand: i was surprised i was the only to respond fisrt. It was kind of like Yes! And i was typing as fast as i could to get all that in before some REAL experts beat me to it. Lol lol ha ha sorry but i amuse myself.:crazy_face: well he said he doesnt like mothers because of the issues, but he also said the clone he has is the same one over and over and over for over 35 years! No real mother. But only as necessity he would overwinter only. Then chop the plant down into 1000 clones and throw it in the compost after he cut it down. I have a clone of the runtz i took about 2 weeks ago and im going to top it and see what that clone does .
Here is my 2 clones. One plant i dont know the strain but it is amazing smoke and out of 7 clones i have this one.

And here is the runtz clone. It was just a tiny snip top had a stem like 1.5" i clonex dipped it stuck into rockwool and a nutrient filled seedling dome because i hated to just be like ok heres garbage.

1 Like

@PreyBird1 yea I’m going to see what happens to start a new mother from some clones that are almost rooted.
I Am trying to use the super thrive to help root these straggly branches that are on this mom.
Let’s see what happens I hope I sure don’t lose her because I’m not finding any seeds in this exotic weed lately, still have a few others good seeds but I’m strictly runtz for now!!
Got a bunch of cereal milk seeds i found, but not a very stable strain of any1 wants to take a crack at one lmk!!!

2 Likes

@preybird1we are pretty good growers coming back out the trenches after all these years…:wink:

1 Like

Man dont even sweat it bro…I GOT YOU DAWG! I got runtz SEEDS. You need i will help!

1 Like

@PreyBird1 respect mon!! I got some for you too… lmk what you like

1 Like

Yes and thanks ive been around and my dealer… i mean friend is also my customer and i consider him family and known him 20+ yrs! He got me the bags with the seeds. I got white runtz and reg runtz. I had over 25 of each kind. I have traded about 6 of each away. But i have great news my brother has even more seeds from his bags. And he had Runtz,white runtz,and pink runts. I can only imagine which ones he has for me. Lol he quit growing and i got a lot of his equipment. Too bad he cant find his stash of seeds he says he has $6000.00 in seeds stashed but he cant find them.

3 Likes

Ha what you like. You make it sound like your a store ha ha nice.

3 Likes

Man i cant wait until the 26th. I get a surprise gift from Amsterdam :hugs::hugs::clap:
I may get hash plant and dr spoon seeds!

3 Likes

@dollhouz nice to meet you as well. Mom doesn’t look too bad at all. Maybe some nute deficiencies

Nute lock can always be fixed by flushing 2x the pot size with pH of 6 water

Just a few options…maybe flush then re-introduce nutes and some cal/mg

These images might help

Packee

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 lol I smoke lots of the best of the best …and been striking gold on a lot of these lately!!
It’s a gold rush and we are in it!! So happy to be back!! I used to post on overgrow many many many years ago…it was so fun to work with these plants in the Netherlands all those years, learned a lot from soma’s crew and the green ambassador…

2 Likes

@Packee Thanks mom!! yea I’ve been looking at that chart each time and it never looks really like what I’m seeing. You are right about it being a possible overwater with a nutrient lockout. I gave a good water with DTE bat guano…so I am waiting for it to dry out and then give a good water as you suggested, since I’m an organic grower what would you use for a cal/mag source ?

1 Like

Ha ha me too. I get to smoke the best of the best also for free! I got a couple friends that are weed lifers also. So i really get high with a little help from my friends. Now my friends get high from a little help from me. Ha
Yes been a lot of seeds latley. But this strain is still rare as shit you cant find seeds anywhere commercially yet but we got it now YES! When your ready message me and well talk seeds.
I want to grow this next

2 Likes