Hello having mother issues

The cloning has no effect on the plant quality. It is exactly the same plant! There are places that has only clones for 35+ yrs straight no seeds. cloned thousands of times and has no effect. The clones make ther own new tap root.
Look at these clones there bursting with roots!

And the runts are killing it. Thumb in for 1. Thumbs up. And 2. Size comparison.

4 Likes

@PreyBird1 good to know! Love your clones by the way…
Yes, I’ll hopefully be able to do that! Yes starting to stretch,
The mother is silent, just in shock I guess… although, according to the bonsai article he had mothers for more than 5 years…
would be nice to compare a clone from each… so far just one has rooted a little and 2 have croaked, they were tiny shoots!!

2 Likes

Thank you sir! I am actually cloning some tiny shoots right now. I may not keep them. well see what they do. I have 27 clones. And 1 rooted clone. And the 11 runtz and 3 white rhino clones are coming out of the shock of transplanting i did sunday. So really 38 clones. I just flowered off 6 bigger mothers. And there are like 6 more behind that already to flower. Ones is getting too big and needs to be cut back so its not so big.

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 sweet lemon! Have you considered super cropping the larger one?

2 Likes

I thought about it but i have lots more room above the plant like 2 feet still. And if i have to i can attach the light to the floor joists above the tent.

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 have you noticed a dramatic stretch since the switch? More than other varieties?

2 Likes

No not really. There was rather large tiny bud sprouts and i saw about a 6-8" stretch and it still going i think. I really should have taken a pic with a measuring tape.
Pics of the girls again tonight!

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 that’s awesome, I’m seeing some thickening more than dramatic stretch here…these things are invincible they won’t bend I’m super-cropping and they keep bouncing back …lol. Had to use wooden skewers to train them…

2 Likes

I really should correct that last statement. I haven’t grown for 21 yrs! I just “came back so to speak” I have grown 3 strains so far and they were very similar. Only the GDP grew tall as hell. So i really cannot say. But what i see is these runtz strain are very very hearty and big plants they bulk up very well. Here is the stem on one of my mother monsters!

Im flowering another one just like it. but it’s smaller because when i switched the lights it stopped growing and streched. This one is Huge!! And needs to be flowered but the tent is full and i already topped it a long time ago. But i will say i thought it was gangly and i didn’t like it. Well i was wrong its making some big buds already!

3 Likes

Yea mon. They are going to be amazing just make sure one shocks the temp if they can or use a finisher before fade…don’t want too much nitrogen and chlorophyll on this… it wants to be fighting Til the end from what I can see!!

3 Likes

Update on mom…
Hi everybody:)
She is still the same, a little sadder looking from the transplant. Leaves are still a nice color for the most part. I just watered it after almost a week after transplant. I added a drop of molasses and super thrive. I also will start keeping her in the shade and dim the light sup. at night.
Pray for her!

4 Likes

Im sending good vibes your way!
As long as the clones root then you wont have to worry as much.

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 thank you bro! I am expecting her to recover…hope these clones root already lost 3…but they were no good to begin with…the chicken is where the Y you said to cut was…I haven’t seen any roots yet but it’s not even been a week yet…
I hope this cloneX did me right! Haven’t needed to use it…
I may give some calmag to the mother when I water again, have you been using that ever? For me it will be the first time I use something like this…I usually get everything t from my Other stuff… some even recommend during flowering ?!

2 Likes

Cal mag the whole way thru verry important calcium is the second most uptaken nutrient for cannabis,after nitrogen it is what the plants use most;)

2 Likes

@hoppiefrog thank you. I’ll give some to my flower beds next water and see what happens as well as for the momma!!

2 Likes

Update: runtz momma is silent…let’s give her time she’s doing her rooting and in shock.
The clones…one has rooted so far it was a tiny shoot and I already planted it…couldn’t wait for that one In all the suspense. She’s well !!!
The few others got put in rapid rooter plugs, first time using these but I have read awesome stuff about them. Before this they were in a s. Pelligrino bottle for at least a week for most…with no sign of rooting but very green and vibrant leaves…
Happy I got one so far!!
Let’s pray for them;)

2 Likes

My runts mother clone i took a month ago.

From a 3 gallon to a 7 gallon pot its a mini beast!
You can see the bigger pot next to her!

4 Likes

Here it is at 2 weeks after cloning.

4 Likes

@PreyBird1 man oh man!! You got a party going on…may have to dry ice one over here :wink:

Awesome job brother!!

I took a clone off my flowering clones at one week flower yesterday, hopefully that sucker will be monster cropped along with a cereal milk seed I planted today… I’ll also hopefully get this gelato mom healthy by then, kind of a lanky seedling that i topped and is recovering…

3 Likes

Gelato seedling, 1 month old…

3 Likes