Hello having mother issues

Update: hi everybody we are still with a weak mom here…

soil still moist, not drying out. I poked holes in it with a chopstick and left her out in the shade today. Older leaves looking burnt. Leaves are still paper thin.
So I can either wait it out to dry and try to flush or at this point prune the roots and transplant to new soil and smaller pot…Could be a Zinc deficiency from the chart!
What you guys think?

1 Like

Came to a possible conclusion, wait to dry out, flush, dry out and root prune then transplant to smaller 1L pot with super soil mix.

1 Like

It could a zinc def i use spray and grow to treat works well .check your soil ph if its high you will not get the zinc uptake needed.so flush if so w 5.5 ph untill it comes back to target ph (5.8-6.2) (for promix)

2 Likes

@hoppiefrog thank you mon!! I’m happy you agree. I will be transplanting today and doing a root prune. Will add super soil to new medium.
I also ordered sweet leaf cal-mag maximizer since a lot of issues seem to occur from deficiencies… especially on mothers or established plants from what I see.

How often do you use spray and grow ?

Nice work, I see you!!

1 Like

Update: just transplanted to smaller container with a good root prune and in good medium with added super soil and DTE biolive. She definitely took a hard shock and I was forced to cut back the weak shoots and emergency clone them. I used cloneX which I typically don’t use but in these desperate times of uncertainty-i want to have a plan b,c,d,e and possibly F. If you know what I mean;)

2 Likes

Clonex is amazing i use it only now. You can do the double dip! Clonex then into powder rooting hormone also.

1 Like

@PreyBird1 for sure but it’s not my thing, I like to stay as organic as possible. This was just to avoid losing a runtz mother, in case she hits the pines…

2 Likes

She’s much better I feel this way…how’s my momma looking guys? Was thinking maybe some calmag (@Packee) after she recovers the shock???

3 Likes

What is that media? And how fast does that drain? Hmmm if it was mine i would take the whole left side off and clone just that top 3-4"
Cut the whole thing off at the (y) down below and use the tip only. Is this whats left after cloning?

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 thank you bro! This is an amazing medium, probably my favorite: Canna terra professional plus. I usually add perlite for the grow room but here I just let it be with some added super soil. It’s got amazing drainage from peat and lots of different tree barks. I get amazing results!! Yea that’s what was left after I cloned a few…I may cut off more as you suggested tomorrow if she gets more shock, I wanted to let her try and fight it out with the good soil…

1 Like

@dollhouz. She looks a nice colour of green to me. Few weeks of feeding and she should be filled back out

Packee

2 Likes

@Packee thank you my friend:) I ordered some sweet leaf calmag maximizer as you suggested…it was the only organic thing I could find;).

@PreyBird1. Yea mon, I cut the “Y” this morning because she was doing great!!! That’s gonna be a killer cut. Probably Mom material!!!

Thanks again for the love every1!!

2 Likes

Np glad we could help.

3 Likes

Update on mom, she seems happy…
Even after the process!
I already lost two cuts, they must have been really weak branches, but so far two have rooted some I’m sorta safe for now!!

I’m just going to keep watering her modestly this week and then add some feedings next week! Maybe some guano tea, very diluted or calmag if I have it by then:)

2 Likes

Thats great news! @pomeroymc helped me out when one of my clones has issues. And pretty much everyone is very helpful and friendly. Im surprised you don’t have 2 plants in there!

4 Likes

But also that mom is getting used up. I would make sure you get a nice clone and that’s the new mom. You do not need the tap root like you think. I chose a mother plant and cloned it. Now that mother is flowering now. And just the clone remains but it is the mother. Nothing changed it just got smaller. Check it out.

3 Likes

@PreyBird1 yea mon!Thank you my bro! Lots of nice people doing things here…2 plants in where ??

2 Likes

2 in the doll house?

3 Likes

@PreyBird1. Ha ha ha…I do mon…
Check out the post in dollhouse :slight_smile: you are right there with me my bro!! Take a closer look;)

1 Like

@PreyBird1 also meant to respond to the tap root, so how are the stepmom’s clones? As potent?
I’m sure the flowering mom will have a nice twang!

2 Likes