Help with lighting

I just harvested my first grow, 4 gmo cookies (auto flowering) 1 blue dream (feminized)

The experiment there was could I grow it doing the bare minimum. The answer yes.

Since I don’t have friends, and suck at technology I have four books. But are all outdated when it comes to lightning.

So my question: can someone give me what statistics or analytics should I be comparing when it comes to led lighting and what I should be looking for when purchasing my light.

This is what I’m currently working with it’s a $24 grow bulb with a toggle for seed, veg, flower. 17 watts.

3 Likes

There are many options depending on what price point you want to go in at I would suggest something with Samsung diodes or Osram those are going to be your two best brands in my opinion for Samsung you will want something with the 301 diodes h is their best then they have the plant centric diodes which are even better and there are mint White those are very good if you give a little more information on what size grow you’re trying to achieve and a little more specifics I’m sure we could point out some good fixtures

5 Likes

Eventually I plan on buying probably like a 4x2 tent. I haven’t done any research on those yet. So dunno if they come with lights or what they come with. But I’ll cross that bridge next grow
Currently not to concerned on the plants size. 1st round I don’t prune at all to see and understand the plant. This time I plan on pruning and LST.

Thank you for advice.

5 Likes

U can buy tent kits which include all needed basically for the grow besides ph meters and seeds pots and soil. Kits to an extent r worth it and not in the same manner samsungb or h chips and meanwell or inventeonics drivers being hooked like u say. Go for a good light from the start and save urself some punches later on lol.

4 Likes