Here I grow again

OMG man you got it just in time, I’m guessing those worm looking deals are mite in the larval form? I was gonna ask you if that was mold or mites. Which ones were they on? That sucks big time, lot of deep cleaning to do.

Marty

9 Likes

I’ve had mites for quite some time been keeping them at bay, The Bud rot was on both plants on the right side table.

7 Likes

Have you tried flatline from dakine420 to take out the mites? What are you using to take em down? I got stuff that works well for me. Also @TheMadFlascher mentioned some abamectin? But i downloded the pdf msds sheet and good god that shit is scary even applying it. Kind of reminds me of pyrine also. It says long lasting? How do you get it off a plant? I dont know but i like the flatline.
I like this compact sprayer from ryobi. It fogs mists and sprays.

5 Likes

Have you tried the Flatline from Dakine yet?

5 Likes

That’s what im spraying in the video. I use it and i use some einstiens leaf shine neem oil and coco-wet. And i have pyrine then i have some hardcore purer pyrine but it burns plants super easy. Mites are trouble and you need to be diligent with treatment and every 2-3 days. And you need to rotate products because mites can become immune to certain sprays. But i also add coco-wet as a surfactant to make the sprays and foliers i make stay on the plants.

6 Likes

This is all well and good but have you guys sprayed the stuff on plants that are in the last three weeks of flowering? I’ve seen what can happen first hand and it isn’t pretty when you spray stuff on these flowers. Late flowering that is. Could you guys put up an ingredient label on the flat line?

5 Likes

Here is the label. I haven’t had to use it yet so I can’t say how good it is but @PreyBird1 has.

6 Likes

See ill spray even if i dont have too. Maintenance man. Im fighting some mites

6 Likes

I have thought about using it as a drench for prevention, knock on wood but I haven’t had bug issues yet.

6 Likes

Looks nice and natural Garlic & Lemon grass oil and molasses - what’s its lingering taste/smell?

Alternative - I’m sure you’re already aware but ill post anyway.
I use SNS217 or Spinosad. (But never in last three weeks)
SNS is Rosemary oil, vegetal glycerin, Lactic acid (smells of rosemary)
I’ve tasted both, not pleasant, but a bud wash seems to leave nothing detectable.

7 Likes

Ive tried 15 different kinds of sprays. I like the neem oil and coco-wet. And dakine420 flatline. I dont like the molasses copor it dries a nasty brown color looks orange when its liquid.

7 Likes

They are all kill on contact. If you don’t spray it on the mites it doesn’t kill them. They’re on the bottom of the leaves. That means you need to spray the bottom of the leaves to kill them. If you spray a plant and flower with enough of that stuff to get the bottom of the leaves it will screw up your flowers. That I know for certain. Preventative spraying during vegetation is the best way to go. But once you get into late flowering, at least in my experience spraying them screws them up. So from here on out once I hit the second week of flowering I’m gonna order my predators and turn them loose. I wish I would’ve started with them about three or four weeks earlier.

8 Likes

If i have an out break. I do spray for 3 days prior to ordering lady bugs so i dont kill them. And the undersides are the hardest part to treat and must not be missed. Hit them every 2-3 days as new eggs hatch. and there webbing is the hard part to get spray through. Thats why i like a surfactant for sprays. It makes them spread on surfaces better like furry plants and insects.

7 Likes

I’ve never had a mite infection get bad enough to where they have started webbing. And I’ve had mites on almost every grow I’ve ever done at one point or another. Not all but most.

9 Likes

Mites,mites, mites!! What an awesome subject!!!

There is NO DOUBT the safest way to address/suppress mites is with predacious insects.
Many, many commercial grows utilize IPM measures from early veg through flower. Most hang ‘sachets’ randomly throughout the grow. These ‘sachets’ are usually composed of multiple predacious mite species. The idea here is you always have predators available to make a move on any mite infestations early if they manifest themselves. Now the problem here is that if the bad mites aren’t there, the predatory mites will die out. That is why the commercial growers choose to ‘subscribe’ to a program where they are reinstalling the sachets at regular intervals.

For a small grower, ladybugs are usually cheap and pretty available nationwide. I view lacewings as a much better mite predator, and they are purchased usually as eggs pasted on a paper sheet (or nymphs in a little bag). The sheets are cut up in patches and placed on your lower vegetation.

Understand that it is the LARVAL stage of ANY predator that actually does the work for you! Lady bug adults will eat mites, but remember all adult insects are there for the purpose of breeding and laying eggs. so with adult ladybugs you are really waiting on them to breed and lay eggs before you have the ‘aphid lion’ larva doing the heavy lifting! (that’s why lace wing and predacious mites are usually shipped as eggs)

FLATLINE is a repellant. There are many natural oils that are used as repellants. No worries in veg but if you’re spraying pistillate bloom…good luck…pistillate bloom is VERY sensitive!

9 Likes

… yup…:+1:t3::v:t3:

6 Likes

… nope…:rage::rage:

7 Likes

Divorced twice, I think I’ve lived this without the learning part. :eyes:

8 Likes

Funny catch Fart… lol I read it fast and didn’t catch it. His mites had a wedding - how sweet!
#mitelifesux# #marriedlife2# lol

10 Likes

Been growing for a LONG time, never had mites. Now watch I’ll get them cause I just said that. Did have whiteflies outside tons of them if you smacked the plant it looked like a snow storm. Good part was they didn’t do any damage at all, just were all over the plant. I also have the Japenese June bug in my garden the last two years, the shiny green metallic ones, been putting down milky spore and nematodes, but so far no luck with eradicating them. They get aggresssive too, fly at you if you walk near the plants they are on. Doesn’t bother me any, not bothered by bugs, or bees, wasps or hornets either. They are beneficials, and I work in my garden all the time with them within inches of me tying plants up harvesting etc, never been stung.

Marty

7 Likes