Here I grow again

Potato blossom…

My Hoya decided to bloom this year. It hasn’t bloomed in about three. Finally got it in the right spot where it is very very happy. This is my favorite flower as far as beauty. If you’re able to watch it grow it’s just captivating.…

20 Likes

I use to work on a potato farm, harvesting potatoes. Miles and miles of potato feilds. They grow pretty good up north.

I picked them for Snider of Berlin potato chips. It was very hard work. Potato harvester’s are no fun to work on!

11 Likes

Who would have thought… With a name like Chavez - you picked fruit??

10 Likes

Oh c’mon man… That right there is what you thought too !! Don’t even! I picked mangos yesterday. Specifics Mia Wallace!
Mark Watney grew them on Mars, how hard can it be!! LoL

11 Likes

For me this is a funny way of growing potatoes. Over here everybody has em in ridges. So they are planted first in rows and then when they’re bigger, and the potatoes are going to start growing, we heighten the rows with dirt.

14 Likes

That’s cool, I’ve never seen it done like that!

10 Likes

It must be the Puerto Rican blood in me @LoCoRocK ! :rofl:.

11 Likes

So Hap… A while back you talked about the lab that tells ya genetics of a sample sent away. What if it’s a Tranny Planny? Can they tell ya it shows both sexes and isnt a keeper? I’m not too familiar with how all that genetic magic happens. But you’d think …well I THINK, it’s just on individual buds. But it has to show up genetically right as both sexes.

9 Likes

LoCo…dude!
Come back when you’re thinking clearly!!!
You just send them a small tissue sample…the sex is IN the DNA (nucleus) of every cell in that plant!!!

LOL, not going to find a tranny in nature…it’s only in humans that you’ll find all the colors of the rainbow!!!

9 Likes

No call me slow… BUT … if it’s 2, 3 or 4 weeks whatever… (way before showing sex) can they tell me it’s a Hermie? What do they tell you? Maybe I’m stoned but .well I am but it doesn’t BECOME a Hermie - always! Right?
No… I’ll answer myself. I have some seeds I will guarantee you are tranny’s.

8 Likes

I don’t know. :man_shrugging:

It’s called farmer Freeman. Look it up send them an email and ask. And let me know what they tell you! Thanks for offering… :+1:t3::v:t3:

9 Likes

Well old man Flash says they are gonna hang up on me and laugh… LoL

9 Likes

Well I think you should ask anyway because I won’t know until you ask. :grin:

11 Likes

I saw this in a video recently.

8 Likes

Agreed!!!
Although I still want to hear the
Flash rebuttal! LoL
I can’t reread my question any more times dog… lol Ive reread that shit 50 X’s already. Damn !! How stupid is me man. Suspense use to bother me. Thank you Mary Jane! LoL
[Looks at bowl] - yup!! Still empty

8 Likes

Pretty cool!

6 Likes

Thank you @Bigfish27 :+1:t3::v:t3:

7 Likes

HEY! i wear crocs! i have pink ones and orange ones and tie dye. i dont care what i look like as long as my feet dont hurt. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: but i love my birkies the best :grinning:

10 Likes

No, I don’t think they’d laugh at you and neither would I !

The propensity to ‘hermie’ is a recessive gene that is carried in some phenotypes !
The gene HAS to be there, but sometimes specific environmenta will INFLUENCE the EXPRESSION of those genes!
Sometimes in cannabis, breeding two varieties with recessive ‘hermie’ genes, will end up getting up to 25% hermie expression without any environmental considerations!!
Farmer Freeman looks only at the sexual chromosomes, undoubtedly SOMEONE that has the complete Cannabis Genomes could discover where those recessive ‘hermie’ genes are located…but that requires huge research and huge $$$$$

FWIW

8 Likes

So what your saying is yes ? … :joy: lol
I can’t believe your some lucky grandkids Paa… The knowledge bestowed upon them makes jeopardy championns you know.
Oooh Flash… I meant to ask you. Is it even worth treating the lemon tree with copper now or do I have to wait till fall. I could hit it early morning @75 ish but it be 90° by 11am… is that more harm then good and does it take an entire season to heal regardless? I just got my first bloom and I did prune back the 2 worse tops.

10 Likes