Here I grow again

Wow. I’m usually a person who notices certain numbers (license plates, odometer, clock times, etc.) but I never realized I was born in 61 and was 61. Ha! Thank you!

13 Likes

So is that a palindrome , double entendre… ? Is there a definition for that sort of thing.
Go hang a salami, I’m a lasagna hog

10 Likes

I love double enchiladas… Salami too. Bees are like little pollen drones if you think about it. Now I’m hungry!

10 Likes

Well it’s here. But now it’s on standby because I found a leaky pipe behind the wall in the shower in the front bathroom. It’s not looking good. Under the house I go. Might be doing a remodel of the front bathroom for the next couple of weeks…. :man_shrugging:

The above picture is why I have been silent since Sunday, mostly.:v:t3::+1:t3:

18 Likes

It`s always something with home ownership. The boat will be the reward.

14 Likes

Why Under?? You Can’t cut the hole from the opposite side of the shower wall? No access or nothing? Where’s it leaking into? Under the shower pan, floor above, visible elsewhere.
Yes it is always something. Oooh look what I got coming speaking of!

15 Likes

@LoCoRocK
Dude, my first house was a slab house, haven’t had a slab sense. Like to have my crawlspace. Anyways back to the task at hand. The bathtub valve was leaking behind the tile in the wall. I don’t know how long this has been going on but I noticed when I went in there the other day (Mother in-law’s bathroom)… it looked funky by the corner of the tub so I pushed on it and it went squish… so I opened up the floor on that little corner and pulled up the subfloor and it was all soaking wet. Then I opened up the wall above the valve because there is a built-in cabinet on the other side of the wall I couldn’t see where it was coming from but I knew it was leaking because I had already gone under the house to see what was going on from the bottom and there was water dripping from the shower area when I was down there and the soil under the house in that area was damp. so I got to this point shown in this picture and stop for the day. Tomorrow morning probably around 7 o’clock the bathtub area of this room will get gutted. From the floor 4 feet up sheet rock tub everything will be removed. it will take maybe an hour and then I see where I go from there. Home Depot for sure… :laughing::+1:t3::v:t3:

I already remodeled the kitchen in the bathroom as we’re on the to do list over the next 20 years anyway. I guess this will all get done this year. :v:t3::+1:t3:

15 Likes

Bad break on the shower valve Hap…those inner wall leaks are tough to detect, and unfortunately you never seem to find them before the damage has spread…

That BOAT looks beautiful ! Looks like they couldn’t have done a better job!
Hell, they even polished it for you !?

13 Likes

I change about 3 to 5 cartridges a year for tenants. But that’s no leaks usually just water won’t operate right when the shower handles are turned. Mineral deposits jimmy up the orings and stuff. Man Hap… you got yourself some work for a little while… a solder joint let go???

13 Likes

You Smokin? Thats old school Galvy, at least there’s a union right there.

13 Likes

Very observant there Mr. Fart! :+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

12 Likes

Those suckers finally decided to flower huh? Lmao! Cheers brother love watching the boat build as well!

9 Likes

Holy smokes it is… I didn’t look very well huh. Stack and all. That makes it like what pre 1970 ish?? I use to thread a lot of steel when i did gas stations… I can’t imagine doing every house threading pipe. How tedious compared to shit even copper let alone pvc or slip fittings. So do you adapt over and finish the repair in flex since your demo’n some of it with the remodel? Or are you just keeping a bathtub in place. Did you remove the pipe already for the shower head and cap that? Or it didn’t have a shower?? That be odd, I guess only compared to current builds maybe?

14 Likes

OK guys check this out.

Do you see something missing there? Now check this out

OK in the above picture where my finger is pointing shows how far down into the P-trap which is to the left of my hand or top of the photo. Maybe an 8th inch no glue…
This is a previous repair done improperly. And the next photo will be the damage it caused. I still have a little more demo but…

The bathtub was in the area where the shop vac and the boards are and the area where the giant hole is was under a giant cabinet. I was able to save the cabinet fortunately I will probably have new drawers and cabinet doors made for it to update it while I’m here. And I might as well replace this old vanity for 1959 and put a double vanity in because this is a large bathroom in the front of the house. And it will add value always a bonus. It’s just a lot of work when I’m supposed to be building a boat…:rage:

:thinking:… could be a lot worse I guess. I could live in Florida right now. Hope all my friends on the East Coast weather the storm gently. Good luck to all of you, stay safe…:+1:t3::v:t3:

17 Likes

Your trying to tell me that adapter
was on with no compression nut @ the “T” fitting? What looks to be a 1 1/4" to 1 1/2" adapter doesn’t have an inside thread that it is screwed into? It sure doesn’t even look like it’s a nut adapter even. I realize it isn’t technically a “compression” style to begin with.

13 Likes

Just slipped together with no nut. Slipped up into it so it leaked the very first time they drained the tub after the original repair. we would’ve moved and never known anything about it and never had a problem. When we moved in this house my kids only used showers which there was not one in this bathroom. So the bathtub wasn’t used until three years ago when grandbabies came into the picture. The only time the bathtub ever gets used is to be the babies.

15 Likes

Well one thing about your repair…this time it will be done right…you can count on that…or ill be a monkey’s uncle…

16 Likes

Just gotta love having a machine shop. You have the means to weld it on? Great work Hap.

Marty

15 Likes

Well you’d a known a long time ago if it had been used more frequently I’m sure of that. Well ol lady’s happy her b-room is getting remodeled - all’s well … LoL

14 Likes

No. I was going to remodel our master bathroom when I got done with the boat. This is the mother-in-law‘s bathroom!!!:rage::rage:

15 Likes