Here I grow again

Yeah I’m looking close at two. Starting to show Amber and I’m not into that but I’d like them to swell more so I’m kind of at a quandary. Clothes line is always ready. I got the grow room cleaned up and got my set up for drying all ready to go. I might do a half harvest on both of the bubble gums on Friday. That’ll give me three days to get them to the point where they wont have any mold or rot problems. i’m heading out Monday to get my boat. So I won’t be back until Friday next week. A lot can happen with these plants in a week. So we will see. :man_shrugging::v:t3:

15 Likes

I use to pick almonds too… okay I’m kidding I just wanted to fit in.
“You know… I always wanted to be a golf club!”
I want a hamburger… no I want a hot dog
You’ll get nothing and you’ll like it…

11 Likes

For a number of reasons that I don’t feel like putting down I’m taking down the bubble gum stealth fighter in the morning. I’m pretty sure they’re going to be picking up the nuts tomorrow and if I can get it down washed and sugar/fan dryer enough to hang in the room. it will prevent a slew of problems that are coming with the plant being covered up again. :+1:t3::v:t3:

Besides look at this…

Inside the flower.

16 Likes

Good news, they should be done picking the Zollmans up before noon hopefully. Here’s what the big dust bigger looks like out in the orchard. This machine is gonna pass within 5 feet of my fence puking this dust.

After today I shouldn’t have to cover everything up anymore this season.:+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

14 Likes

Was it an almond farm when you bought the house? Did you have any idea this was a thing. Like twice a month when the wind is out of the SW the airport sends departures right thru my kitchen. It’s funny kinda because on all 3 occasionas of submitting home offers to buy I became a private investigator on the houses. Drove by at night to see activity, what it was like on a weekend and what surrounded them. LoL I was not a very good private dick. Although its not too bad tbh. Just like 3 - 5 days a month I hear air traffic.

13 Likes

Yeah my last house had almonds on two sides. I did not on any of those. So I knew what was up when I moved here. But I wasn’t growing outdoor at the time, I wasn’t even thinking about it. It’s really not that big of a deal when you don’t have a crop of sticky flowers. It’s only a few days a year. i’ve spent a lot of time figuring out how to cover these things up. There’s also money involved. Quite a bit.

15 Likes

They burn sugarcane couple X’s a year out west and the ashes will coat cars here given the right conditions. Can’t imagine what it’s like in Belle Glade or the western farming city’s. But like you said… it’s very few and far between days it’s happening. Well worth the trade off. Growing season blues :rofl:

10 Likes

Oh-Oh, Hap let it slip…he’s one of those ‘rich’ Almond growers and just uses cannabis for a write off !!!

:upside_down_face: :wink: :star_struck:

11 Likes

I don’t grow them, somebody else does. They just do it on my property. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

hap you got some skills man!

11 Likes

Thank you Trsh.:+1:t3::v:t3:

11 Likes

Man those pics show its right up your alley anywho. Post some chop pics. You still growing out any of that m&ms?

11 Likes

Nope I got 2 bubblegum crosses from sniper going, I got squirt and raspberry parfait from Humboldt and the rest are ethos… :+1:t3::v:t3:

12 Likes

I can’t believe they can really squeeze milk out of an almond!!

Wonder what you can squeeze out of a hard rock… Wait whAt?
:thinking: Thinking :thinking: still thinking -
yup that’s what he said!
Speaking of out of context and words we can’t say without giggling - i sure do hope Teng’s doing good!

14 Likes

You know… Pot Duck kinda rolls off the tongue.

“Channel 16 - Pot Duck Pot Duck… This is fishing vessel Pot Duck calling any vessel for a radio check, over”

" 5 X 5 …loud n clear Pot Duck "

Ooooh Yup… I like it man! - misleading? Quandary? Does he really mean like pot you say, is he talking marijuana pot Duck- makes ya question what the name means. Is he a chef? What the what? LoL

10 Likes

Something about the jumpers that day really got to me. I mean, the whole thing was HORRIFIC, but to know that people chose to JUMP from the building blows my mind. I’ll never forget watching it happen in real-time. At first, you were like, what is falling from the building and then you realize, in horror, what it was. Later on, they took out footage of the jumpers and that pisses me off because it is what it is and why do we sugarcoat stuff. It was horrific, the whole thing, why delete the jumpers? I don’t think that horrific things should be sugar-coated. Makes it too easy to ‘forget’ or lessen the pain. The pain should remain so that we don’t forget. I didn’t know about that, Loco, the first firefighter to die was by a jumper. That’s just so terrible. I’ve never been to New York, much less the memorial. I have been to the Oklahoma City memorial. Very moving. Different kind of terrorism, but still terrorism. Hope to make it to NYC one day.

9 Likes

That’s just crazy!!! I never knew this was a thing! Learn something new everyday!! Your plants are just so gorgeous, healthy, really excellent. Makes me want to grow big plants again!

@LoCoRocK I picked pine cones for a week back in 1980. Potlatch company in Idaho would pay 16 bucks a bag for the little sticky green pine cones that fell from the trees. I believe they were seeds used to grow new trees to be cut down again later. It was one of the hardest jobs I ever had*. If you were lucky, you’d find a treasure chest of hundreds of them having just fallen from a tree. My best friend would climb those trees and shake them down for us to gather. It would take forever to get a bag full. I was 20. Good times … *the hardest job I ever had was picking cotton after the cotton machine went through first. My friend and I did that for four hours and quit at lunchtime. LOL. I was 19. Heh.

11 Likes

You do know that kinda gives age away… picking cotton before ol Eli Whitney invented the cotton gin huh… It’s okay… my first gig was Street sweeper for horse apples before ol uncle Henry made that first motorized buggy… them was the days…

12 Likes

I do know that LOL … I hesitated due to that, but hell … I’m proud to be a young 61!! :grimacing: :seedling: :green_heart: :older_adult:

11 Likes

this is the only year that you get to be 61 and born in 61 too, unless you live another 100 years.

11 Likes