Here I grow again

You can put on record that I appreciate your humour, but that won’t help you in this case my friend…

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The last time, you came in, you visited a few threads, shafted a few mods and ran away… that may be why… :nerd_face:
:rofl:

I’m going to have to have @tenga discipline you! :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

You know you’re a Rick sometimes man… Grrrr I was in my own lil world minding my business acting like Im an angel :innocent: and you got to slam the truth down my throat. LMAO
But seriously you are right…like normal! I can’t remember what I said (and no need to show me) but I seem to remember a couple mod slams. LoL

6 Likes

I remember, I even asked you to be nice… to try to prevent such a situation as this one… :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

@happilyretired Thanks Happy, right after you rinse, what steps do you take with all the water still in there, direct fan dir a few minutes??

2 Likes

Hang upside down to drip dry for about 2 hours or so with growers discretion. Have an oscillating fan blowing in their direction.

7 Likes

My well water is very cold and it was my understanding that cold water can result in loss of trichomes, kinda like when you freeze it with the grain alcohol. I don’t know this to be fact but just my understanding. :v:t4:

6 Likes

@OltimeGrower
Loco hit it on the nose. I rinse them real good. I usually dunk them in the water with peroxide gently agitate them a little bit for about 30 seconds like loco said. I do it differently after that though. I use three water Baths, first one with peroxide the other 2 clean water. Then I gently shake them for 10 or 15 seconds hang them up with an oscillating fan Blowing in their direction. After a couple of hours of drip dry I go to my normal drying procedure.

7 Likes

That makes perfect sense. I don’t think I’ve ever measured my water below 50°. No snow here.:tada:

5 Likes

I rinse mine pretty much the same way you do. I usually draw my water a few hours before I intend on using it. I’m on a well also. This time of year, I just let it run a bit and no need for ice, for cold water :+1:t4:

6 Likes

Thanks @LoCoRocK @happilyretired

Got it… thery’re washed rinsed and hanging back up. I have the fan on oscillation.

But hey my RH in the house is 25 so …not sure if 2 hours might be too long?..

4 Likes

@oltimegrower
When you can give them a little shake and no water drips off probably be OK to put them in their final drying place. We all have different environments where we live so just handle it according to your situation. You’ll be fine. Just make sure you get your environment where you’re drying your plants up over 50% humidity.There’s many different opinions on drying and how to do it, keeping your room above 50% is a good place to start.

5 Likes

Thank you sir, will do.

Heres where I’m dialed in at. I’m not f’in around this time. I’m using my tent … :v:

5 Likes

@happilyretired, may be a dumb question, but how do you raise humidity in the drying tent?

3 Likes

@Olcoot
To raise the humidity is as simple as hanging a towel in the room with the bottom of it in a bucket full of water with a fan blowing on The towel. If it raises it too high use a smaller towel or turn the fan away from the towel a little if it doesn’t come up high enough use two towels and have the fan blow between them. If you don’t need to raise it very much and you have an air pump you can hook a stone to your air pump put the stone in a bucket full of water and that will raise it slightly, unless you have a big Air pump and several big stones. You can gain a little more that way.
Or or you just go out and buy a humidifier.
I use a fan with a bucket of water myself…:thinking:… that’s all I got :v:t3::+1:t3:

6 Likes

See I see 60° and immediately :thinking: it’s air conditioning at play…lol you gotta deal with cold like I have to deal with heat… it’s crazy how we all have such different obstacles to deal with.

6 Likes

Thanks @happilyretired, I pretty much use all of those methods during the grow. I 'm just Leary of introducing moisture in the drying room.
My thoughts, after contemplating over a vape or two, is to reduce the size of the room until the correct Rh is achieved.

2 Likes

WHAT…SMALLER ROOM!!? That’s stoned babble talk mi amigo. LoL :rofl: seriously though in my experience I believe much like hydro and water ph smaller makes it harder to control conditions…

2 Likes

@olcoot
You can try the cardboard box technique you hang string through your box string it through each side poke holes down both sides cut your branches, buds, short enough to hang on one end of the box cut a 3 inch hole in the bottom on one corner then cut a 3 inch hole in the top on the opposite corner. Light air movement in the room, like a ceiling fan or just anything for air movement. This will slow it down and if it doesn’t slow it down enough put a little tape over your holes and make them a little smaller if they’re going to slow for you cut the holes bigger. Give it a shot. Might work for you,

4 Likes

i dried my last 2 grows in cardboard boxes and hillbilly as it looked i am going to do it that way always

7 Likes

There you go :+1:t3::+1:t3::+1:t3::v:t3:

4 Likes