House gets ready for historic vote on federal marijuana prohibition

So is Illinois…in debt up to their eyeballs…That is one of the reasons that they jumped from medical to recreational in one year’s time…more MJ tax money. You know that’s illegal to put in the bank…but really if you are spending more than you have it doesn’t have time to spend in the bank lol.

5 Likes

Exactly @MrBlue

3 Likes

The way government entities work who really knows imma thinking…

2 Likes

Oh ok got ya I guess either a non fdic bank or a big heavy safe I’ll look more into it

4 Likes

Interesting but don’t care a whole lot,hell there gonna get your tax ,weed no weed there getting your taxes lol the way things are. Sales tax, property tax, inheritance tax some how your paying. World sucks in many ways gets worse too. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yeah it really bad

3 Likes

Not worried about me and wife more worried about kids and grandkids…Note: No ones getting my guns…I better get onto another topic politics ( ends up being) and religion seems to uproot and butt hurt others so the suns out here and 43 degrees it’s a heat wav in Michigan… :grimacing:

4 Likes

Yeah I totally get it

2 Likes

Glad someone does lol

1 Like

You weren’t kidding about starting a thread of its own. Been at work, and had 19 replies on this one. :flushed:
Good Call my friend

1 Like

Texas will take forever to flip

2 Likes

Here is something I read in an article by The Motley Fool, " legalizing marijuana no longer exposes pot companies to 280E and its high effective tax rate, but it also doesn’t generate nearly as much taxable income for the federal government, even if a federal tax is added to legal weed sales. Keep in mind that adding yet another tax to legal marijuana would mean that some consumers will shift their buying habits away from legal channels and toward the black market due to cost.

In other words, the status quo of marijuana being illegal at the federal level with more and more states legalizing has become highly profitable for the federal government. That’s a big reason there’s a reluctance to legalize."
Here is the link if you want to read the full article. The Surprising Reason the U.S. May Be Reluctant to Legalize Marijuana | The Motley Fool

2 Likes

If they federally legalize it then it trumps state laws

2 Likes

Used to follow motley until his predictions on stock pics weren’t correct lol

2 Likes

I don’t follow them either but this keeps popping up in my news feed so I read it hoping it would go away, and found it interesting.

3 Likes

Yeah I used to get motley’s stuff 10x a day back when I was dinking with hemp and marijuana stocks… took 2 yrs to them out of my emails lol

2 Likes

Unfortunately that’s really not what there talking about. They want to take it off the schedule fed drug law and leave it up to
each state on how they want to regulate it…
We shall see how this pans out. Talks cheap gotta wait and see. Expungement for all lol…
Infraction VS Misdemeanor Vs Felony will be interesting…Lots of talk from political foe.
Lots of changes in weed laws in the past 15 yrs gets better as time goes by just like good cognac :grimacing:

Oh one more comment, I’m in indiana I cross the state line with a bag of smoke could be a federal charge with what there talking about at least that wouldn’t happen… Take what we can get. Remember politicians tell you anything to get your vote till there in. Evil bastards lol Truth!

3 Likes

Great conversation. This is definitely on most of our minds.

1 Like

Gm young man!

2 Likes

Morning @MrBlue!
Maybe this is the day Marijuana gets removed from the Nixon List

2 Likes