Houston grower journal White Runtz Grow

@nacho151 what u think buddy?

3 Likes

Wow never seen that before!

2 Likes

Me neither first time with the self water pots I don’t really like them

3 Likes

If you do you will be ripping a lot of roots off. And being that you are already into week 2 of the flower cycle I wouldn’t repot them. Those roots look very healthy so they aren’t drowning. They look like they are getting plenty of oxigen. The whole purpose of many of the grow vessels out there are to “air prune” the roots system to cause it to make more fine roots which are the ones that do all the uptake of nutrients, so my opinion is leave them alone if your plants are healthy, which I bet they are considering the apparent health of those roots.

Marty

6 Likes

Thanks bro I’ll update some pictures I think I need some cal Meg just order some seeing a lil yellow of some of the leave I got a fox farm brand 1-0-0 tryna keep the nitrogen low because the other nutes

4 Likes

5 Likes

The first two I didn’t really do and LTS til weeks 4 of veg the last one has be LTS since week 2 of veg and Defoliated bout 4 time on all plants

4 Likes

Yeh, leave them. Man, those plants look so healthy.

I still need to learn how to spread the branches like that. I haven’t tried it because I am scared of snapping them. :upside_down_face:

:v:t4:

3 Likes

Thanks man just was a lil worried first time growing this strain don’t wanna ruined it

4 Likes

I actually did snap one on this grow it heals back tho and u started it in the first few weeks and when branches are still soft and undeveloped just keep them tied down and adjust every few days til the end of flowering by then they would have stop stretching

2 Likes

@PreyBird1 hey bud are u online

3 Likes

I agree with everybody else. I wouldn’t mess with them. That’s really not that many routes coming out. You freak out a little bit when you first see the picture but it looks like there’s four ropes for wicking purposes sticking through there. Not sure. You’ll be fine usually when you pull your root ball out of the pot it just comes out in one chunk.

4 Likes

N is the #1 most used by plants nutrient. Don’t starve them of it, they need it germination through the end of flower. But don’t over do it either. Generally N is kept at about 5-9% with most nutrient programs.

And I should have added they need almost NONE germanation through two to three leaves, then only a little of all three macros and micro nutes. At first the seed itself provides the nutes and if you give them too much you will kill them.

Marty

4 Likes

Yup those are wick ropes and Let me correct that my liquid nutes are around 3 nitrogen and not sure how much is still present from the last grow I’m using reuse soil fox farm happy frog with a blend of ocean forest and homemade compost mix

3 Likes

How do I test my nitrogen that’s present in the soil

2 Likes

I think they make test strips for that, not sure never did it. I use Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur Part A and B nutes, they have two parts for grow and two parts for bloom. the total N in the both parts of the grow is 5% The total N in the bloom A&B is also 5%. A lot of people think that when the plant goes into bloom it doesn’t need as much nitrogen, that is not right, they still need enough to make new tissue, they also use MORE P and K. so the ratio of those two macro nutes goes up in the bloom part in relation to the N.

That’s why I asked you originally if you used a soil mix with some nutes in it. 1% is not enough.

Marty

5 Likes

not sure how much is still present from the last grow I’m using reuse soil fox farm happy frog with a blend of ocean forest and homemade compost mix Do u think I should add didn’t add

any in this grow but was added to last soil

4 Likes

If youre adding compost and naturally slow releasing nutrients you may not need to add any until the soil gets depleted of them. You just have to watch them and notice when they get the symptoms of low nutes, it is far eaiser to fix not enough than to fix too much.

Marty

6 Likes

So don’t add the Fertilizer?

2 Likes

You will have to determine that, they are a little pale on the new growth, but sometimes that is just because if everything is right they grow so fast that the new growth is a little light green, mine are doing that and I know my nutes are ok. Don’t worry it too much, add a little balanced nute if you want at 1/4 strength, and maybe a little CalMag at 1/4 strength and then wait for 4 or 5 days and see what happens. if they get a lot greener on the new growth then you got it. But that shouldn’t be enough to harm them any. They look really good to me.

Marty

5 Likes