Houston grower journal White Runtz Grow

Will do buddy

1 Like

Questions on PPM readings what is a Standard reading for flushing and what should the PPM be at doing flowering @Dog_Fart1 @happilyretired @TheMadFlascher @nacho151 @sssportsmfg @Slym3r @PreyBird1

3 Likes

I grow in Grobuckets so I don’t check ppm for runoff or when feeding.

3 Likes

What does the grobucket do to eliminate the use of those

1 Like

And how’s that 420 nute been treating u?

1 Like

The Grobucket is a wicking system and using Dakine 420 Nutes tripled my last harvest.

4 Likes

That is too broad a question to answer, not being evasive. It depends on the nute line you use, what kind of water you use and it’s starting PPM. And I sometimes add things to the water that are not considered nutrients, but that do help the plants, but they also raise the ppm. Just a few things that come to mind is PH up and down both raies the ppm. Some nutes that I add separate of the main nutrient line I am using is I always now use a Silicon additive which the one I use raises the ppm by 12 ppm but is a safe addition as far as burning the plants go. I am right now testing a product for a company that is a water buffer, it alone raises the PH by about 80 ppm. And last but certainly not least every strain will be more or less tolerant of nutrient concentrations. The only reason that nutrients increase in your container is that they are either not getting used because there are too much of them or they are not availible. On the flushing, I have found that you should ALWAYS flush ever other water. AND use a good inocculant like Recharge. And just to mention Recharge also raises the ppm of your water but is devoid of nutrients.

On testing, test your water going into the pot, then water until you have runoff, make sure your tray is clean when you collect runoff for testing. What I mean is if your pot saucer is dirty or had dried nutrients in it from previous runoff, you won’t get an accurate reading on your runoff water, and any time you want to know the actual nutrients you have to deduct anything that raises the ppm that is NOT a nutrient such as the PH adjuster, silicon additive, microbial additive or enzyme additives. In order to do that you have to run a ppm as you add each thing and then go from there. It’s a pain but the only way to do it correctly. Otherwise you are just guessing.

Here is an example of what I do and how I keep track on my computer in a spreadsheet.

PPM on nutrients as added to RO water Total PPM PH Nutrients Per 5 gal # teaspoons per 5 gal RO
RO water 2.1 6.8
RO water + Silica Gold 18 8.1 20 ml 20 ml
RO water + Dakine Base 655 4.77 21g 3ts
RO water + Dakine Bloom 1310 4.35 30g 6ts
RO water + Dakine Shock & Awe 1580 4.08 10g 2ts
RO water + Dakine CalMag 1720 3.95 5g 1ts
23 ml Bloom City UP 6.05
Changed DI, carbon and sediment filters
RO Water 5 gal. 0.6 6.98
RO Water + RO Buffer 78.8 5.69
RO Water + RO Buffer + 20 ml Silica Gold 91.6 8.63

HTH
Marty

8 Likes

Now thats an answer! It depends on the strain alot also. I have a couple strains that really eat a lot. Some strains are picky. I have this pirates cake growing and its light sensitive like crazy. The light too close bleaches and stops flower totally? Move the buds say 6 inches away and they grow beautifully. Move them 4-5 more inches and they foxtail like crazy! Its anoying AF!

6 Likes

Thank u so much for wide variety info it gives me a base to work off I when to my Local hydro shop got a PPM meter the reading before was 243 and my run off was 643 so I’m guessing the true PPM is 443 how low would I need to get it for white ash I’m 4 days into flush and I’ve also been doing a ice water flush water been around 63%F is tap water the PH I don’t read an exact reading because I’ve using PH DYE Indicator and down and up but I only have to Slightly pH it down to get a yellowish Indication

1 Like

No that is not correct, if your ppm is 643 coming out of the pot, then your ppm IN the pot is 643, you don’t average the two. No idea for white ash, I don’t grow trees lol…really not sure what you are asking on that. If you are talking about White Runtz, then I defer to @PreyBird1 he is the creator of the strain, and should be able to tell you exactly where you need to be. Your nutrient company should be able to tell you where you should be ppm wise at any stage of flower by reading the chart, some don’t give you ppm, they just tell you how much to put in each gallon of water. And again just like Prey said, it also depends on the strain, some like more food, some less.

On flushing I just use a flushing product and then PH my water to the same PH I feed at. Never used ice water. So if you feed at 6.5ph and you want to flush and use up all your nutrients just put a double dose of inoculants in your water PH it and then water till run off. When you get down to numbers like 400 and below it pretty good indicator that your nutrients are mostly gone. Even just plain water with inoculant and Ph adjuster is going to be around 200 to 400ppm. You will always have some particulate in the water that will show up as ppm, and it is nothing more than particals of coco or peat or whatever medium you are growing in. The more times during the grow that you flush, the lower that number will be as you have already flushed out the particles from the mediium during your grow. Take some of your dye indicator and put it in a gallon of RO water and see what the dye alone adds to the ppm. Almost everything you add will up the PPM.

Marty

2 Likes

Okay thanks Marty

2 Likes

Last pictures b4 Chop which should be real soon end of week 8

3 Likes

The Mutant plant is the one to toward the end of the video

2 Likes

Idk why the video quality came out like that when I upload

2 Likes

Good job looks like there is three of us chopping this week or next! My outside wwxtreme looked like that last year. Smoked just fine !

2 Likes

Okay the first I chop phenotype 2 just finish dry i Jar it total weight including trim and small buds was 19g :pensive: I’m expecting a better return from the other two total acceptable bud weight 13g I was wondering if anyone on the forum with a press would be willing to press my trims up for me I would finance all the expenses @nacho151 @TheMadFlascher @happilyretired @sssportsmfg @Dog_Fart1 @wow_arizona @PreyBird1 @Slym3r

2 Likes

After trim

3 Likes

Press it the old school way. Get an adjustable temperature hair straighenter from a local store and some tea press bags. That way you don’t get the Feds involved while you save up for a good press. That’s the way we did it back in the day. Try to find a wide hair straightener though because it works better. There are videos on YouTube to help you get it done that way

3 Likes

@nacho151 thanks always with the valuable information💪🏿

2 Likes

Your welcome. I forgot to let you know get Kirkland or Reynolds parchment paper to stick the flower and bag in. DO NOT use great value parchment paper from Walmart, it will screw your rosin up! You might want to pickup a quick grip and release clamp and from a home depot or lowes to get better pressure.

Search this on YouTube, “pressing weed with a adjustable temperature hair straighenter”

4 Likes