How many Veterans on the forum?

i live close to Offut, actually.

5 Likes

95th engineers 65th engineer Battalion out of Schoefield Barracks Hawaii 2007- 2011 exit with a Medical- Honorable Discharge. Lost my Best Friend And Battle Buddy In 2018 memorial day weekend to the demons in his head(suicide due to ptsd) So that is when I started sinking all my energy into finding SOMETHING else for our VETS than PILLS! Much Love Happy Growing!~ Hope to See some of you soon AT the #BlackSheepFarm ~ Rob

7 Likes

Happy to have you here and on our side brother

7 Likes

Shell shock is different then ptsd. They still teach about shell shock. Thats when you freeze up and stop being able to function like walk and speak. When someone is so scared or just spent they sit there motionless unable to move. Ptsd is post traumatic stress disorder and thats the left over effects from a tramatic event.
I also wanted to say….I feel it is because of how horrible our vietnam veterans where treated is what I think the reason we have the VA to help veterans now. When the vietnam age guys got involved with the Va and basicaly said you wont eo this to our children and future gens, it made our government have to be better for our vets. Its jot perfect, but its something.
So I say to you good sir, Thank you. Thank you for your sacrifices. Because of people like you I was able to have a disability program to help me when I got out. I couldn’t function properly, hell I couldnt even walk normal.

8 Likes

Glad to see you post brother! How are you?

5 Likes

You know, I do miss some of the stuff like riding on those out pods of the little birds. Hahaha
I have a degree in aviation maintenance and an faa airframe and powerplant license. Yet, I ditched aviation to started growing herb instead. 22 years later……hahahahahaha still growing herb! How you been big guy?

7 Likes

I was reading some past stuff getting myself caught back up in the forums. Read your avaition stuff again and it got me thinking of rotory wings again. Hahahahaha the smell of that jp8 and the sound of that apu firing up on the chinook. Hahahaha weird what smells and noises are nostalgic. Hahahaha

6 Likes

Doing well! Still just hobby growing and working for another year or 2 then retire and see what happens.

I live near Fort Carson, Peterson AFB Field and AF Academy so the visual reminders are every where. Still love the sound of rotor blades and seeing young folks in uniform.

8 Likes

I used to live in Woodland Park. Had grows years ago all over the springs. Good times. Lol

5 Likes

Hey all, Let’s take a minute over the US Memorial Day Weekend to think about our brothers and sisters that didn’t come back from their service or came back with with life changing challenges.

MW

7 Likes

Happy Memorial Day Weekend Everyone! This weekend is a little ruff for me let us Not forget Those who gave all for us thats the weekend is REALLY ABOUT! Rip Spec. Stephen Cotta 95th Engineers 65th Engineer Battalion Never Forgotten brother you made it back but the demons were to much :cry: :cry:

He is on the right AMAZING voice!

8 Likes

My son is leaving at 4 today to hang with his mother for the weekend. I’m free all weekend if you need to talk at some point.

Most of the time I’m too stoned to know it’s a holiday weekend so at least I have that going for me.

Easier said than done, it’s best to try and remember the good things about our battle buddies. They died doing what they believed in.

7 Likes

that they did! I have a few personal ones that are forever fucked up and or gone now so I definitely understand that for sure! I appreciate you my guy that’s for sure and I will reach out later this weekend just to chat I love this FAMILY here you ALL have been EXETREMELY AMAZING!

8 Likes

Sometimes I miss a live messenger/chat function on the forum. Would be pretty cool to be able to chat live. I know, there’s the DM function, but it’s not the same.

9 Likes

…kind of sums it all up, don’t it?

12 Likes

Thought some of you guys might appreciate this artists skills.

13 Likes

@chrisj That is excellent! I checkout his site from your link. Its cool and all over the place. Skulls & Veggie. LOL I love it. Thanks for posting.

7 Likes

Air force here

12 Likes