How’s your smell? SILLAGE

Hi guys… I’m still thinking about early 2000´s true nyc sour diesel. I remember that it was the most expensive that I ever bought, 1 gram would stink up a whole Nyc subway car…forget about being in elevators, lol. It had a Sillage I’ve never seen or smelled since…
Even today’s best designer strains Runtz don’t compare in pungent aromas…if you guys ever had the real sour d you would know what I mean!
I have my own theories about what may have been the catalysts for this, but I would love to have some of your feedback first!!
I

5 Likes

Have you checked out Kevin Jodrey from Wonderland Nursery? He’s got a skunk project he’s been working on for a few years.

4 Likes

In time the true original strain will slowly be offspring to new plants then new ones after that and so on and so forth

3 Likes

Hi bro!! Haven’t heard anything about it…will look into it! Thank you for the response:)

1 Like

I believe that the major reason it’s no longer able to in these days… That’s a valid reason for the washing out of a strain…from clone to clone to clone…that’s what I have been fearing with not having a mother from seed. But who knows!! :wink:

I have my theories about why it was so smelly
back then…

3 Likes

The smell was a heavy gas with a lemon pledge like stank…buds where very white with light pink orangey hairs but not many…tells me a couple of things…about the grow!!!

3 Likes

Exactly… Well said… That’s why alot of growers carry on one certain strain… Their creation

2 Likes

That’s so funny I just watched a documentary about Kevin jodrys skunk project sorry bout that fuckin autocorrect

3 Likes

So what does it say about the grow… I am on the edge waiting to hear … I love that NYC sour

2 Likes

When I lived in the Netherlands…many years ago. There was a grower who used to grow a strain that was sold at the Greenhouse in The Hague. It was called R.I.P-he grew it secretly but one time I saw him put some blue little balls -almost like laundry detergent…that’s all he fed them apparently!?!
I feel like this was a way of harvesting much sooner and probably many more things…
I believe that the sour i used to see in early 2000’s probably used some of this because it looked premature in ways…smelled so much i think it was being sold with minimal drying-hence why it smelled like you we’re walking around with a plant…

2 Likes

What do you think those little blue balls were …

2 Likes

I’ve used powdered Calcium Nitrate that was blue. The balls were about 1/4 the size of a grain of rice.

2 Likes

What does that do please? And if you don’t mind, is there a natural way to help the plant produce more terpenes?

2 Likes

Calcium nitrate is the powered/ionic salt form of plant available calcium and Nitrate nitrogen. Mix in a bit of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) and you’ve got yourself a commercial Cal/Mag source. The bottled Cal/Mag supplements at the hydro store are just those two powders mixed in a bit of water.

Calcium is like the 4th macro after NPK. Extremely important for building big, strong plants. Especially in veg.

5 Likes

Very similar in size to the Green ones you see in potted plants at nurseries…except they were blue and some white granules-looked like epsom salt indeed!

It was acting as a bloom accelerator those blue balls I’d say perhaps time released for the whole grow…PGR if you will.

As for increasing terps, for organic there are plenty of ways…through super soil. Which is in a way an organic version of what those blue balls were in theory. You can add guano tea in bloom and then finish with molasses, or other commercial manufactured equivalents…I.e canna bio boost!
And then there are the bio hacks you can do to try and get more if that’s not enough!

1 Like

Thanks for all the info…And every answer I get opens like 10 000 more questions…I love this place.

1 Like

Sour d originated in Cali. It was shipped back east for x4 the cost of what it was on the west coast. There is now a strain called East Coast Sour D and a NY Sou D. These are newish and not the originals. If you want NYSD or Original Sour D let me know

1 Like

Try terpinator to increase your terp profile

1 Like

Alot of original strains come from California…it’s a culture here… Humboldt county was a supplier for 60% of American cannabis before legalization I’m sure southern California was a percentage too… Hate to say it but Cali started this shit from the 70’s

3 Likes