Humboldt Seed Company's Hi-Biscus, Magic Melon, and Royal Highness DWC/LED

So I’m determined to grow out some Royal Highness, and picked up a 10 pack of Reg Royal Highness seeds from my favorite dispensary.
I’m going to germinate all 10 when I get my tents set up.
I’ll flower a couple plant’s but want to find a few vigorous male’s, and collect pollen from the one that has my favorite characteristics.

My 4’x4’ tent will mostly be used for growing out my set’s of 10 plants at a time. I’ll always grow at least 10 plant’s between each cross in my breeding adventure. Ill be using 10 3 gal buckets and growing dwc. I’ll pick my best plants and then put them in a flower tent.
:v:

9 Likes

Late to the party. I use 10 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide to a half a cup of water with great success.

5 Likes

Thanks @happilyretired! I’ll give that a try next time.
Sounds like a very mild solution. :+1:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see your new system @Hydro! You did a great job on your 1st one my friend!

3 Likes

Could you by chance lay out the parts you’re using on something flat and take a picture so I can see exactly what you’re doing. I would like to see the fittings you were using to go through your buckets at the bottom and also could you explain with the white bulbous thing sticking up out of the bucket is. Sorry for my ignorance.:v:t3::+1:t3:

3 Likes

Did you go with 5 gallon buckets?

3 Likes

Yes, 5 gallon buckets for my flower systems. But only 3 gal for all my other endeavors.

3 Likes

Hey no problem my friend! The bit I have on my drill is a 1" hole saw bit @happilyretired . I’m using 1" fittings in the bottom of my buckets. I kind of skipped the part after cleaning my holes nice and smooth with my tool. Then screwing the fittings in my bucket.
This is a water level indicator build. I think they are 1/2".

The fittings consists of 4 pieces, the main part, 2 gaskets, 1 on the inside of the bucket, 1 on the outside, then the cap.

A close-up of my 1" fittings.
The only way to get this apart now is to use a utility knife and cut a slit down the 1" tube.

This is 1 of my hole saw bits. The drill bit starts the cut, then the hole saw claws finish the job through the plastic.

4 Likes

I do mine like hellraiser a shotglass with a cap of hydrogen rest ro water for 24. Then napkin til tail shoots pour shotglass on napkin to get it wet. Peroxide keeps the root free and clear of any bacteria and nasties from starting also.

4 Likes

Thank you. Do you buy those parts on Amazon or do you get them from your local Hydro store.?

3 Likes

That makes alot of sense on the sterile part of h202 on the new taproot @Mark0427. I feel I’ve lost a few seeds before because of contaminating the tap root. They started great, but died after putting them in a home.

2 Likes

Local hydro store has them, but I get most of my hydro supplies from my friend Gary at Pahydroponics.com.

2 Likes

I’m watching, if I ever get my buckets I will start mine…getting really sad the shipping delays nowadays. Question why are you running bud candy this early? just for the sugar? Looking good!

2 Likes

Get a cheap set of step bits they drill a MUCH cleaner hole, and you can use the same one for multiple size holes. I have used just about every kind of bit for drilling plastic, and hands down a step bit works the best. They don’t have to be fancy smancy titanium coated tool steel to do plastic. Just sharp.

2 Likes

Bud Candy is just to feed my microbes right now. I looked at the step bits originally but didn’t get them because I could only find 1s that cost over $25. But they would be much nicer. Will have to look into them again.
That really sucks about your shipping issue. I bought a 6 pack back in August on Amazon and have been waiting to use them. I need to grab 10 3 gallon buckets now.

2 Likes

I got my buckets from home depot.
Wish you were close I would give them to you

3 Likes

You can get a set of 5 step bits on Amazon with a carbide center punch in a aluminum case for $23.00 HSS tool steel titanium coated.

Here is another one, probably the same brand just re-branded both are free shipping with Prime. they one above has a 5% off coupon on the description page.

4 Likes

Yeah I got mine off Amazon too…the actual shipper was/is just taking orders and doing a drop ship thing from the factory. I emailed them and they didn’t even know what the tracking # was, told me they would get it from the factory and email it to me…that was 4 days ago. My best guess is they aren’t even shipped yet. I got a pack of 10 5 gal.

2 Likes

Check Harbor Freight, if you have one close. Their stuff is always affordable and they almost always have a “20% off one item” coupon available.

3 Likes

Thanks ! I just contacted Amazon, the seller failed to get/send me a tracking number as they said they would, so Amazon just issued me a refund on that order. It has been over a month since I ordered them. Now I will go out and try and get some somewhere else. But most likely I am going to order the complete waterfall system from PA hydro. I bought their kit to do the buckets myself, and it has just been sitting here waiting on buckets. I’ll get er done eventually! Might just have to do a 10 gal coco grow before going to hydro, I already have all the stuff for that, 8 double bricks of canna coco, and 10, 10gal bags. Thanks for the heads up on Harbor Freight there are two stores here in town.

4 Likes