Humichar anyone tried this?

Has anyone used Humichar in their grow? I normally add less than 5% biochar when I re-amend my soil a couple times a year, I’ve I just started using humic acids and don’t wanna over do it on the humic acids.

3 Likes

I just ordered water soluble humic acid to use. I’ve never tried it, @TheMadFlascher and I talked about it last night.

4 Likes

Here is a thread that @TheMadFlascher posted about humic acids.

Exploring Humic Substances (Humic and Fulvic Acids)

4 Likes

Hi,
I’ve been using granular humid acid and bio-char for over a year now, and have seen an improvement in my plants vigor from the added amendments. I mix them both into my homemade amended soil mixture at around 5% each along with diatomaceous earth, lobster and shrimp shell compost, azomite, bat and seabird guano, bone meal, blood meal,alfalfameal, fish bone meal, Dynomoco, and dried kelp and amino acid that I add to a my base of sunshine mix #4 or pro mix.
That usually lasts through the vegetative period, then I’ll add 2tbst Humic acid and 2 hamdfulks of bio char per 5gal pot when I flip to flowering.
I wouldn’t grow without them.
Hope it helps, good luck.

2 Likes

Jory, IMHO you’re much better off with the Humic acid. The improved plant health and vigor are coming from the humic acid with its fulvic acid component.
Truly there is nothing wrong with biochar, but you have to understand its basically just inert organic matter. Your HA is truly liquid ‘organic matter’ …the difference being H/A is a much smaller molecule, actually binds with your soil, and is very dynamic in that it actually buffers Ph both up and down, and also keeps all your nutrients readily available to the plant! Especially micronutrients !
Biochar is really just charcoal made from any ag waste products, walnut shell, almond shell, brush chips, rice hulls,etc… FWIW

2 Likes