I need help please

Hi all. I need help please, this my first indoor grow and not sure what I’ve done wrong. I normally grow outdoors.
Two of my plants started having the edges of their leaves turning yellow, three weeks ago I thought it might be a phosphous deficiency as they are now on 12/12 for five weeks and have been flowering for not quite a month.
I top dressed them with Green House, powder feeding Bio Bloom all in one 4-9-9 two weeks ago.
The problem is still getting worse. I transplanted all four plants in 35 gallons fabric pots five weeks ago and added the bio bloom 4-9-9 into the mix. I give them cal/mag once a week as i
I’m growing in coco coir.
They’re all auto flower and only one that is extremely healthy is the Ed Rosenthal and she is the smallest apart from the Critical which decided to start flowering almost a month before the rest and is small but has some really nice buds on it.
Please and thoughts would be very much appreciated as i really dont want to lose two plants

Reagrds Kiwi.

8 Likes

I would guess your running very hot. New soil is usually hot, meaning has nutes in there. Run ph’d water and test your run off. See how much nute is sitting in the soil.

5 Likes

Nothing to add here, for now.

3 Likes

What are the temps in your room?
What is your lighting?
Those are 2 things to look at that are easily fixable.
They will cause yellowing leaves. Just FYI…:v::green_heart:

5 Likes

Looks like a nuteburn, with the clawing and all. I’d flush a couple of days and check the runoffs’ ppm / EC.

3 Likes

Hi Slym3r. Thx for replying, im using coco which according to the bag its been boiled before packing. Wouldnt boling kill off and minerals in the coco ? Im used to just using pig and cow shit back home and thats it. This is all very new to me growing indoors. I’ll water shortly as lights still off and test the run off for PH and EC,PPM. Its weird its just two of the plants and the third is super healthy and not a single burnt leaf…Ill uldate you in an hour or so. Thanks again.
Regards Kiwi

4 Likes

Hi MrMonkey, im gonna flush shortly when the lights come on and I’ll check what the run off is measuring and let you know. I have used the amount recommended on the bag. I have four plants in the tent and have three strains. The Ed Rosenthal is the healthiest one with not a burnt leaf anywhere the two sweet mangos are the the burn ones and the critcal is 90% ok with a few patches of burn but nothing like the bogger of the two mango plants. Will keep you updated once i flush.

Regards Kiwi.

4 Likes

Hi bobette. I’m using a Spider Farmer SE5000 the upgraded led version. Room temp is 27/28 when lights on but i found out today as I’ve got a friend staying that my aircon unit keeps going on and off. I said yeah it will to keep room at 22 when lights off. She replied nope it went off and room was 28 and it came back on again and she checked two hours later when it went off and the room was 32. I live in spain and the weather at the moment is rather hot. So im wondering it that could also be a factor as not cool enough while they’re sleeping. But saying that why is one plant totally thriving as all plants have the same medium and the same feed program.
Regards Kiwi

5 Likes

I don’t know Celsius, but should be between 70-80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Check the PH. Another is insufficient Magnesium, if your PH is off.

Stress on a plant will cause yellowing as well.
Doesn’t look like a pest to me, from the pics.
Just throwing things out that are simple fixes,first. Hope it helps…:v::green_heart:

2 Likes

Just flushed and checked the runoff. Ph is 64.8 ppm is 525, water temp is 28c or 82f the ec i cantget a proper reading as it stops at 980 the i get three - - - so more than meter can read.

2 Likes

Ph should be between 5.8 and 6.2 !

3 Likes

I give them cal/mag one a week, should it be more as using coco as I’vep read coco doesnt hold much of anything for long.
Thax I’ll drop the ph a little.
So used to just straight tap water and pig/cow shit and they grew like mad back home in N.Z

2 Likes

I keep my PH at 6.2 at all times in soil.
Do you have an EC meter by any chance? Or do you know against what scale that ppm meter reads (Hanna, Truncheon)? Anyhow, 525 on either scale doesn’t seem like an awful lot.
How much does your straight water reads?

1 Like

Ppm is 28 straight outta the tap.

2 Likes

That’s good as well. About your environment: Temps, 18-25°C max I’d say, for reasonable dense buds. 55 - 65% RH.
Guess you’re in that range as well. A bit hotter (under 30) isn’t gunna kill them but will result in fluffier bud.

*Edit: @kiwisdofly I see your room was 32: try to cool the tent / room down a bit if you can. If not, at this temp you really need to kick that RH up (to like 75%).

1 Like

Im using this type of measure.
I know the ppm as it says ppm
But the 2nd option is ųs/cm is that the EC?

1 Like

The critcal has got two really nice buds growing on it, i only got the chance to take the apical meristem out once on tier 4 then a week later it decided to bud so hlad i at lest got the chance for two extra branches. It’s been budding now for 5 weeks.

9 Likes

Im taking the faulty aircon unit back tomorrow as the days are only going to get hotter coming into august, it ranging between 33 & 38 now during the day. Ive also have a spider farmer exhaust fan with controller working in the tent but not really helping when the house itself is 32 inside with all the windows and shutters down to also try and help to keep the heat down.

3 Likes

38c is 100 Fahrenheit

4 Likes

I’m guessing you don’t do AC lol ? No way would I let my house get 100 Degrees, course I spoiled myself, WAY back in the 70’s when I bought it it had a furnace with the last inspection tag of 1951, the year I was born. No AC. I have the AC Infinity fan and controller works just like the Spider fan. You can’t get the temp down if your input air is the same as the tent, especially with your light putting out heat. From everything you have said about your grow I’m guessing your yellow leaves are heat stress, along with the fact that you are getting near the end of your grow on some of them. I keep my house at 74 degrees my tent is in the basement so it stays even cooler probably around 68 degrees, so the air coming into my tent is 68 degrees not 100 degrees. My fan cycles on and off like yours does using a theromostat, and keeps it at a constant 80 degrees during lights on and at about 60 at night.

And it is 100 degrees outside here too. We have been up to 104 for several days already this summer.

Marty

5 Likes