Inkfromblood's grow #1

First ‘official’ grow attempt. Meaning, with more intentional effort and care.
(My first grow was with bag seeds, crap lights, no nutes, etc. Gave me smokeable bud, but, not super nice.)

April 9, 2021
9 seeds total:

  • 5 Girl Scout Cookies
  • 1 bag seed Gorilla Glue
  • 1 Bag seed Wedding Cake
  • 1 Bag seed ???
  • 1 Bag seed ??? Snow something or other

Scuffed in 320 grit sandpaper
Soaked in water for 8 hours
Transferred to Paper towels in tupperware
Stored in un-lit tent
On heated seed mat, temp controlled to 75 degrees F


I rushed in last year with bag seeds too, no setup except a “100W LED grow bulb” and MiracleGrow potting soil…that was a shitshow (killed any that sprouted from light too close and poor airflow)!!!

Took 6 months learning here on GN and acquiring things for my setup, and man what a difference it makes having at least something of a controlled environment and better level of care!!!

Best of luck with this “official” run @inkfromblood…there are some amazing growers on here (def not me! :joy:) that will help you to get the best quality buds possible this go :seedling:


@inkfromblood nice lineup of seeds! Looking forward to seeing your ladies flower.


Better late then never. Your grow ability and your grow setup will improve over time. Believe me, improvements never end and we never stop learning with the different strains and setups. Exciting Isn’t :seedling::seedling::seedling:
But what the Hell, we Do It For Our Ladies in Our Grow Spaces, because they Give Back so Much More :muscle:t2::muscle:t2::muscle:t2:

Happy Growing :seedling:


Day 2 - April 10, 2021

Forgot to snap pictures, but nothing exciting.

All GSC seeds germinated!
3 / 5 had roots long enough to transfer to Jiffy pucks.
the Snow strain, and Gorilla Glue both germinated with very nice roots.
Wedding Cake was starting to peak out, and the final random bag seed wasn’t doing anything.

Got in my Apera PH20 and calibrated that, along with my HoneForest TDS meter.

Measured my own home’s tap water: Came it at a nice PH of 6.7, with a TDS reading of just 51.


Day 3 - April 11, 2021

Everything is in Jiffy pucks except Wedding Cake. Still growing, just not long enough of a root yet.

Prepped Gallon of Nutrient Solution. Coco For Cannabis mix.
Site says EC should be 1000, but I was only getting 375. Will add Diamond Nectar tomorrow.

1 Like

Day 4 - April 12, 2021

We’ve got growth! Cotyledon’s starting to show!

Alas, the one Wedding Cake seed appears to be stuck - not much more root growth.
I’ll leave it the paper towels a little longer, but have given up hope on it.

Prepared my first gallon for fertigation according to Coco For Cannabis nutrient blend.


Day 5 - April 13, 2021

Everybody’s up!
First transplant to 1-pint biodegradable nursery bags will happen tomorrow, which means they will officially be in the seedling stage.


The difference a day makes, wow! What type of lights do you have on them and how far? The sprouts in the back seem to be reaching out for the light.

Also might want to get some tweezers and gently try to remove the shells from the cotyledons, if possible…one sprout looks like the shell is still pretty clamped and needs time.


Thanks for the insight.
SF1000 at about 25%.
About 18 inches from them.
And I figured I’d give them another day before getting those shells off.

Do you think the light should be closer?


Day 6 - April 14, 2021

Transplanted to 1 pint grow bags into Mother Earth 70/30 Coco Coir / Perlite mix.

Fertigated Once: EC 376, pH6.3

Don’t have a humidity dome to fit the tray, so I’m going to use small sandwich baggies.
I have the small humidifier on, and though not in the pic, I do have tiny hygrometer in there.

Light is an SF1000. Set at 40% at 18 inches.


I was going to say maybe move a little closer at 25%, or just turn up the intensity slightly (which you did)…see how they do with that for at least a light cycle and adjust from there (if needed :wink:). That’s just personally what I would do to control the stretch from causing the sprouts to topple (I speak from experience on that :unamused:). Setup is looking good to me, hopefully some more experienced growers here can provide some better input :+1:🪴

1 Like

Day 7 - April 15, 2021

Minimal change.

Fertigated Once: EC 376, pH 6.3

Purchased a new humidifier, something a little more powerful to see if I can get that RH up.


Yeah hey get some fine tip tweezers and some little pics from amazon. I got this set it works so well.


Day 8 - April 16, 2021

Fertigated twice:

EC 504, pH 6.0
EC 500, pH 6.3

1 Like

Day 9 - April 17, 2021

Really noticed first signs of problems.
Yellowing, and curling. But not sure if Cal/Mag deficiency, or nutrient lockout.
I’ve been cautiously measuring my EC and gradually increasing, but worry it may have been too much.

So to be safe, I just did my first watering with pH 5.9 water.


Let them dry out, I scrolled real quick and saw you’ve been keeping them pretty wet daily. You could be locking up transpiration (which does lock nute pull through the roots and xylem) by keeping the soil wet with the high RH (slows transpiration) needed at this stage. Just my opi btw :man_shrugging:


I agree. You repotted in coco/perlite but the bulk of the roots are still in peat. They won’t handle daily heavy fertigation until they colonize more of the new media.


Thanks! I’ll do that.

That makes sense. Thanks!

1 Like