Inkfromblood's grow #1

Day 65 - June 12, 2021

BIG DAY. Transitioning to flower! Hoping to see my efforts thus far pay off.

Fed Everyone.
EC 1120, pH 6.0

I trimmed down the Tallgal GSC, and made some clones.
Hope it doesn’t kill the plant, I may have chopped more than I planned. But maybe this will help focus energy into the remaining nodes. Gave everyone else a little trimming under the canopy, so I suppose light lollipopping. Wanted to open up for airflow, clear out some larger fan leaves blocking light from the top, and remove and areas that would be small bud sites.

In the 5 gallon tent, I did some more trimming, maybe too much on the GSC.
The Gorilla Glue is growing faster than the GSC, but I think thats to be expected?
Hard to see from this angle, but the GG plant is much more spaced out with bigger fan leaves.

and bonus pic of the start of my clones.

4 Likes

Day 66 - June 13, 2021

Just a photo update because everyone was looking awesome this morning after the switch to 12/12 yesterday.

1 Gallon pots - 3 GSCs, and the back right is Snow White.

5 Gallon pots - Left is Gorilla Glue, Right is GSC

3 Likes

Day 66 - June 14, 2021
Day 3 of Flower

Fed everyone
EC1000, pH 5.8

1 Gallons, with a shot down low to better see profile

5 Gallons - that Gorilla Glue is stretching much more than the GSC. Maybe the trellis will help manage that. But I suppose I should have considered keeping only two plants of the same strain in the same tent. Oh well! Live and learn.

3 Likes

Day 68 - June 16, 2021
Day 5 of Flower

Fed Everyone
EC1000, pH 5.9

1 Gallons (three GSC, back right Snow White)

5 Gallons (Gorilla Glue on left, GSC on right)

3 Likes

Day 70 - June 18, 2021
Day 7 of Flower

Fed Everyone
EC1050, pH 6.2

1 Gallons are definitely showing some height

5 Gallons - the GG is really stretching, and I dunno if that GSC will keep up. Hoping that the GG won’t overtake the tent and block light to the GSC. After taking these photos, I put the trellis in the 2x4 tent.

3 Likes

Day 72, - June 20, 2021
Day 9 of Flower (or from flip)

Fed Everyone
EC1050, pH 6.0

2 Likes

Day 74 - June 22, 2021
Day 11 of Flower (from Flip)

Fed Everyone
EC1000, pH. 6.2

Starting to see pistils here and there!
Also, found some signs of something munching on a couple leaves. Arg! Not good.
But also, not extensive damage yet. And since I’ve got no actual buds growing yet, it should be easy enough to hit it with some Neem oil. I will wait until just before lights off, because even the bottle says “Do not use in direct sunlight”.

1 Gallons - gave them all a decent hair cut. From what I’ve been reading on defoliation, I’m kinda confused. People seem to say to wait and do it all at once, but things keep on growing. So I’ve kind always been trimming off any light blocking fan leaves - especially for the smaller, more crowded tents. And I’ve been psuedo lollipopping I suppose, picking off any small bud sites low below the main canopy.

5 Gallons
Excited to see the GSC start the stretch up and get closer to the GG.
The GG is going nuts, and I’ve started doing some bending under the trellis here and there.
Surprisingly, I found a semi-thick stem that felt like floppy rubber…not sure what thats a sign of.

4 Likes

Looking good

1 Like

Thanks!

Right now my biggest concern is the GG continuing to stretch further above the trellis.
If I start weaving it into it, its gonna block the light to the GSC.
Hoping it slows down on its growth.

1 Like

Day 76 - June 24, 2021
Day 13 of Flower (from Flip)

Fed Everyone
EC1000, pH. 5.8

Thoughts on my watering habits. When preparing for this grow, I read from Coco for Cannabis about high-frequency fertigation. Expecting to water a couple times a day. But early on in my grow I was dealing with algae, and so I had to let things dry out a bit more and so got into a much slower watering schedule.

Currently I’m feeding every other day, and everyone seems to be fine with that. No issues yet, that I can see. But what I’ve been doing is hitting the 1 gallons with 1500 ml, and the 5 gallons with about 4000ml. Every other day. What difference might it make to hit the 1 gallons with 750 twice a day, and the 5 gallons with 2000 twice a day? or once a day?

Part of me wants to experiment, but at this point I kinda wanna just ride things out, and stick to whats working so far.

1 Gallons - some stretch so I raised up the lights.

5 Gallons: The GSC on the right is stretching up and the GG on the left seems to be slowing its stretch!
Thats great. Showing daily growth on the buds, so I gotta make sure to get that neem oil on them TONIGHT.

and a little bonus update on my clones (all GSC)
They’re looking good! Not floppy at all, showing new growth I think. So I assume roots are forming.
Gonna leave them in there till Saturday and then attempt a transplant into something bigger.

3 Likes

Day 78 - June 26, 2021

Fed Everyone.
EC1050, pH 5.8

Did as best I could last time hitting with Neem oil. Didn’t see any new noticeable chomp lines, so hoping the signs of pests does not increase at all. Gonna get hard to avoid hitting buds with neem oil - I suppose unless I brush the stuff on by hand? I dunno.

1 Gallons

5 Gallons

3 Likes

Day 79 - June 27, 2021

Clone transplant!
These things DEFINITELY had some roots. Some good looking roots too.
Got no tent space, so I’m gonna see what I can do out of the tents.
I have a couple T5 light setups on a bench in the basement, so I’m get wacky with training these until I harvest whats in the tents.

5 Likes

Lol wont you be surprised when those cups get huge. Cloning is tricky because you can copy your garden within 7-14 days. And then you have way to many plants. I have a cloning problem and perma-clone. I dont do a full on mother plant. I constantly rotate my cutting clones as my normal routine. And i always take clones fmbefore i flower. Because if its really good smoke i have more of it to do things with. Like have more, or pollinate for later breeding projects. Clones are handy and addicting.

6 Likes

Are you saying you clone, then take clones from THOSE clones before they go to flower?
That was my plan, but I was worried that taking clones from clones is like making a copy of a copy…overtime it doesn’t do as well? Is that the case? Or will I be able to perpetually keep this cycle going? Because if so, that sounds way more convenient than keeping a mother plant.

2 Likes

Yes i permaclone. I clone to mother. So the tiny clone i make sure its rooted and growing. Then i flower. This way i always have more.

4 Likes

Day 80 - June 28, 2021
Day 17 from flip

Fed everyone
EC1050, pH 6.1

Feeling like I may be in over my head here, as the Gorilla Glue is still stretching higher up. I may be running out of height in this ten.

1 Gallons - a couple are stretching more, but plenty of room in the tent:

5 Gallons - tried ‘super cropping’ a couple tall parts, but snapped one.

3 Likes

Day 82 - June 30, 2021
Day 19 from flip

Fed everyone
EC1050, pH 6.3

Closely monitoring for any more signs of pests and not seeing anything. Doesn’t mean they aren’t there though. Crossing my fingers.

1 gallons

5 Gallons

4 Likes

Day 86 - July 4th, 2021
Day 23 from flip

Fed Everyone
EC 1000, pH 6.2

Today I gave everyone a decent haircut, and I’m going to do my best to NOT touch them from here on out. If I can help it. I opened up a lot of light and hope that helps me to get some bigger buds.

One thing I noticed is that overall, the GSCs seem to be performing not nearly as well in the 1 gallon pots as the 5 gallon. However, the Snow White seems to be doing just fine. Nice fat dense bud sites coming. I knew GSC can be pretty sparse when it comes to buds, so we shall see.

1 gallons

5 Gallons (that gorilla glue has some NICE buds, and is very sticky!)

2 Likes

Day 88 - July 6th, 2021
Day 25 from flip

Fed Everyone - switched up to the MidBloom formula from the Coco for Cannabis feed chart
EC 1000, pH 5.8

1 Gallons - Interestingly the two front GSCs are blooming kinda sparsely, whereas the one in the back left corner, is doing super well, and THAT was the one where I had cut off a whole growth tip early on, and then clipped it to clone it! So thats a surprise I wasn’t expecting.

5 Gallons - As usual, the Gorilla Glue (left) is dominant, but it seems the GSC is keeping up as best as she can!

3 Likes

Day 92 - July 10, 2021
Day 29 from flip

Fed!
EC1050, pH6.2

Everyone seems to be doing well. Leaves seem to be darkening a little bit.
No more pest signs that I can tell.
Growth definitely slowed, feels like the buds aren’t growing quite as much either at this point.
However, I am liking how frosty the leaves are getting.
But not much to do but keep things going!

1 gallons

5 gallons

5 Likes