Introduce Yourself to Growers Network!

Hey all Ladi (Pete) here… I live to grow and some day be successful indoors…lol…I am an outdoor grower though and also a person who loves to extract… I was gifted a xl closed loop system, own a 10T press and plates, a 5 gal washing machine for ice/water hash, MB2e and various lab equipment… I am looking to get into super critical CO2 extraction and buy a 5 or 10L rotary vap… if you have any questions on extraction and living soil grows (doing my first 100% living soil grow this year but have dabbled in it the last 3 years…

7 Likes

Cool. Will definitely keep it in mind. :heart:

3 Likes

Hi,
I’m not professional in the industry. I want to be. It’s illegal in my country unless you get Certified by the Supreme Court. And it’s usually for industrial purposes.
They started clinical trials here last year November. Seeing this progress, I assume that legalization isn’t that far anymore as it used to be.
With that in mind I believe it’s great to connect with people I can learn from and hopefully with that knowledge I can help someone else too.
Looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

Jeremy M.

8 Likes

Welcome @jayraymay13

5 Likes

Welcome to the community, @jayraymay13! Hopefully things turn around globally and we can all grow with impunity!

5 Likes

That’s awesome. Welcome brother.

5 Likes

1d8951b549cc94ebf9e087d16d85c4bba6dd4710

3 Likes

If you do it right, you could probably get setup on grid and then kick your savings into storage solutions.

6 Likes

That was the plan;)

5 Likes

Good morning, I’m thrilled to be apart of the family. I’m a newbie to growing. I hope to learn as much as possible, searching for a indoor grow kit. I will be focusing on natural ways to help build a healthier and pain free life. So feel free to give tips or good products to help cultivate great crops. Ill start with a soil base crops, since I am inexperienced. I need all the help I can get!
Paul

10 Likes

What is your budget for setting up your garden? We’d love to help you spend your money responsibly. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Bogleg, $750 is my limit for now. I’m just trying to find a complete kit if possible.

7 Likes

Good to meet you Paul @pmills12

5 Likes

Same here, looking at all the pics make me eager to start the process.

6 Likes

Thanks for joining @pmills12 look forward to growing with you.

7 Likes

Thanks for coming to the community @pmills12… can’twait to see your set up when you get started… $750 is a nice budget to start with…lol…

10 Likes

Wow, we have so many new people! Feel free to say hi! There are a lot of us here to help.

10 Likes

$750 should be do-able. Here is a list of the things you need to get an indoor grow going:

1. A space to grow in (like a grow tent or closet)
  2. Lights
  3. An exhaust fan for the above mentioned space so that you are cycling fresh air through the space
  4. Something to grow a plant in (a pot)
  5. Some kind of medium to grow a plant in (dirt, coco, peat, water, etc.)
  6. Nutrients to feed the plants
  7. A PPM and PH meter

From a budget perspective, the most critical component is the right amount of light for the space that you want to grow in. Starting out, I would get the best light you can afford on your budget, and size the grow around it.

For example, you can find a Horticulture Lighting Group QB260v2 for around $350 probably. That would adequately flower a 3x3 tent.

https://rightbud.com/products/horticulture-lighting-group-260-watt-qb-v2-quantum-board-diy-kit?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=CjwKCAjw27jnBRBuEiwAdjQXDDxqzWKT4B_Hl6HEs8yio4i7n_wr0mEbitwDh4YcF35isCOSxocNfxoCyokQAvD_BwE

A 3x3 tent can be had on Amazon for around $70:

https://www.amazon.com/iPower-Hydroponic-Observation-Window-Growing/dp/B01JN8REQC/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=3x3+grow+tent&qid=1559159052&refinements=p_72%3A2661618011&rnid=2661617011&s=gateway&sr=8-4

A 4" duct kit with fan, filter, and ducting can be had from Amazon for around $90.

https://www.amazon.com/VIVOSUN-Air-Filtration-Kit-Controller/dp/B06XFRNPR8/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?keywords=4"+inline+fan&qid=1559159100&s=gateway&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1

So far we’re at $350+70+90=$510

So we have a space, we have a light, we have a fan to move air out of the tent.

For your first grow I would limit yourself to two plants, so for now just plan on two pots and medium to fill them.

A couple of 5 gallon cloth pots from Amazon will cost you around $10-15 depending on the package/quantity. Let’s assume $15 - we’re at $525 and have $225 left in our budget.

Let’s start with a soil grow for now, and get a bag of Fox Farms Happy Frog. This is a good starting soil for seedlings as it has a low nutrient charge. Let’s also get a bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forest for when we transplant the little seedlings from their starting containers (which can be solo cups or whatever you want to use that’s opaque and around that size). Let’s assume each bag of soil cost $40, so we need to use $80 of our budget for dirt. We’re now at $605 and have $145 left in our budget.

So far we have a tent, a light for the tent, an exhaust fan and filter with the ducting required to connect them to each other and the tent, and pots and dirt for our plants.

We now need to figure out our nutrients for the grow. This is an area where it is very easy to get overhwelmed. You can easily dump $200 on nutes. I would keep it simple and go with something like the Lucas Formula, which is comprised of just two components:

1. General Hydroponics Flora Micro
  2. General Hydroponics Flora Bloom

One quart of each of those will run you around $15 each, so another $30 to get nutes to get started. Eventually you’d want to supplement with some other stuff like silica, but for now that should get you going and you can def grow some nice plants with just those two things in the right soil.

So now we have $115 left.

You’ll want a TDS/PPM meter to measure the nutrient levels in your water mixes, and you’ll want a PH meter so you can ensure your plants are being fed in the right PH range.

A reasonably cheap but effective combo could be had for around $50.

That leaves you with $65 left. You’ll want to spend that on things like an oscillating fan to put in your tent to keep air moving around the plants, and potentially other things you’ll need like extension cords and power strips.

If you can find a kit WITHOUT A LIGHT then maybe that’d be a good route to go - but I would be careful buying any “complete” kit without have a clear understanding of the light you are getting.

8 Likes

Dam Bogs, you got me thinking im a little low on equipment myself

5 Likes

Well you do need some more pucking lights.

8 Likes